07-05-14 09:18 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    No they don't. They think they do but they clearly don't. It's just that they accept it and are satisfied with the typing experience, because most of them don't know any better. Evidence for this is chat behavior. Mostly you get nothing more than one line of text, mostly with wrong or even completely missing punctuation. Android and iOS chat far less than BlackBerry keyboard users, just my experience.
    As much as I love BlackBerry I'd have to disagree.

I've let friends try my q10 before when they asked me why I'm still using the qwerty phones, they say they'd stick with the z10 or z30 if they were me. And guess what, they didn't enjoy the small qwerty and the tactile feedback did nothing for them. And he felt less accurate. Only ever used iPhone his whole life (he's younger than me). Doesn't see the appeal.

My friends chat a ton and they're all on Samsung and iPhone. They're pretty speedy and accurate with swiftkey, have you ever used it before?

The qwerty has its place, but it isn't the best option for everyone and given BlackBerry's market share globally being at 0% now, I think? Most smartphone users seem to feel the same way.

The passport is going to be a great blend of physical and virtual.

Old folks stick with the classic.

Btw, I think BlackBerry is going to be in for a dose of reality, bc the trackpad isn't the reason why the legacy users didn't switch - it's bc they don't want to adapt and use a new OS. Just watch.

Most of the people complaining about the trackpad on CB have the q10 to begin with and will buy the classic. But all those people holding onto their bolds, will continue to do so.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 12:48 AM
    As much as I love BlackBerry I'd have to disagree.

I've let friends try my q10 before when they asked me why I'm still using the qwerty phones, they say they'd stick with the z10 or z30 if they were me. And guess what, they didn't enjoy the small qwerty and the tactile feedback did nothing for them. And he felt less accurate. Only ever used iPhone his whole life (he's younger than me). Doesn't see the appeal.

My friends chat a ton and they're all on Samsung and iPhone. They're pretty speedy and accurate with swiftkey, have you ever used it before?
    Completely disagree! It's just a matter of getting used to and nothing else. If someone used a touch keyboard for years and then lay his/her hands on a BlackBerry QWERTY for the first time of course it doesn't work out initially, of course it feels strange to them. It's just unfamiliarity, nothing else. How could anyone like tactile feedback on a first hands on after years of tapping solid glass?

All little helpers touch screen keyboards use, such as auto correct, auto suggestions or SWYPE of SwiftKey or whatever, are nothing more than an attempt to make up for an inferior experience. Why doesn't everybody just throw their PC keyboards out of the window and use little touch panels with SwiftKey on them to type? Because it sucks.

I use a Z10 for over a year now and flicking auto suggestions are handy when I operate the phone one handed, but I'd never go as far as to claim it's a good typing experience or anywhere near a Bold keyboard. Because it just isn't. It just tries to make something horrible OK to keep the compromise for more screen real estate as limited as possible.

Back in the day I sometimes chatted extensively with friends over BBM. Those were the days.....we would chat for hours at night, sending walls of text back and forth and it always felt almost as quick, fluent and natural as a real face to face conversation. The difference between chatting with BBM friends and let's say with my brother who used an iPhone and WhatsApp, was night and day. You would smash out a message and wait and wait and wait for a reply. And if I were to chat BBM style with him (4 individual short messages one after another within 10 seconds instead of one minute for one bigger message), he went crazy, flaming me for my chat style that was fragmented and confusing to him and didn't make sense in his opinion. Oh THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

Times have changed since then. There's no more extensive power chatting, everything is slower and less.

Just for the stats:
    I'm German and in German every noun is typed capitalized. On top you have lots of umlaute in almost every second word as well as the sharp 's', which is also a special character. So I had to use Shift, Alt and press+hold+trackpad to select an umlaut constantly with my Bold. Which didn't stop me from typing at 5-6 letters a second on my Bold, without any suggestions or auto correct or auto complete or other shortcuts. And I have big hands.

All touchscreen keyboard will ever achieve is being somehwat 'ok', but nothing more.

Sigh.....
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    07-02-14 05:01 AM
    I'll admit that when I used to take notes I'm class, I'd take them on my q10 instead of my touch screens, no doubt there's something to be said for the physical keyboard.

However, despite what you might think about how the touch screens will never be more than ok - after having used BlackBerry, iOS, and androids I can tell you that the BlackBerry virtual keyboard DOES surpass ok, and in fact, many of my posts on CB are typed on my z30 - and anyone can see how long my posts are typically.

The blending of the BEST physical keyboard in the market with the best virtual keyboard on the market is a refreshing new twist and will be a great typing experience.

Might not be up to your standards but it is what it is. And I get your whole thing about typing in German, not sure how the passport will handle that hopefully well, but maybe you need the classic?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 02:01 PM
    And I get your whole thing about typing in German, not sure how the passport will handle that hopefully well, but maybe you need the classic?
    That's racist.
    07-03-14 04:03 PM
    That's racist.
    Umm loll you must be bored but I'll still bite the troll bait.

I said I don't know how the passport will handle different languages that require constant use of the shift key (as described by the poster), hopefully well, but if not, there's always the classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 04:35 PM
    I like the phone, but after flicking the z10 virtual keyboard for the last year, I can't see going back to a qwerty

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:04 PM
    The passport is going to be a great blend of physical and virtual.

Old folks stick with the classic.

Btw, I think BlackBerry is going to be in for a dose of reality, bc the trackpad isn't the reason why the legacy users didn't switch - it's bc they don't want to adapt and use a new OS. Just watch.

Most of the people complaining about the trackpad on CB have the q10 to begin with and will buy the classic. But all those people holding onto their bolds, will continue to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Very much agree with this statement. The Classic will be a huge miss. Interestingly, if priced right I have a feeling the Passport will do quite well.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-05-14 09:18 PM
82 ... 234