All of a sudden my Passport contacts have tripled. I am using Outlook.com. Anyone having this issue and suggestions to fix the problem?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:13 PM
    My contacts continue to get screwed up. Random contacts get linked under the same name. Bigger complaint is the search function does not return any results, I have to scroll though my whole list to find the name manually. Help!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:25 PM
    Go into settings and turn off email contacts FB or etc... problems solved
    12-09-14 07:27 PM
    I deleted outlook.com and then added it back. Seems to have worked for now. I had this issue with the Z10 as well. After time it seems to settle a bit.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:50 PM
    Now the calendar is screwed up...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 07:59 PM
    Contacts still messed up on blackberry. It's my only complaint. I cleaned up my contacts,when I got the passport,used contactX app.

Couple days later i see duplicates,triplicates! Try to merge names with contactX doesn't clean it all up.

Lost contacts numbers too.

Passport on ATT
    12-09-14 07:59 PM
    Anyone know the cause of my problem in post number 2? This is beyond frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 08:19 AM
    I installed one of the applications from Festive Giveaway today. The contacts have tripled just after that. (Max CallBlocker)
    12-10-14 09:00 AM
    I have the same problem on my Z30 for long time and hoped the same was addressed and fixed on 10.3.1. Unfortunately this was not definitely the case which is a shame for business/professional device. Blackberry should fix this problem asap otherwise I have to say it's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 09:35 AM
    This is my only real complaint along with previously used email addresses suggested when sending emails.

What I did to resolve this is;

Only let 1 email account to sync your contacts.
    Don't even let local contacts save your contacts
    I took the painstaking time to manually type my contacts in excel and then one by one re-enter them into the Passport.

Now the duplicate and triple contacts are history.

Edit; while in the contacts app, press the save to option and uncheck mark local contacts and only leave that 1 remaining email account.

I never use BlackBerry Link either.

I'm very anal with keeping my info clean and updated so trust me I know what others are going through !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by surgeon1919; 12-11-14 at 09:22 AM.
    Arabianhorse likes this.
    12-10-14 11:07 AM
    That's a hard way to do it on a top notch device. I don't understand why this was not yet fixed. Any explanation from BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:27 AM
    The search in contacts has been an issue too for me. I have to type in almost complete full name before it shows up.
    Noticed this on my Z10 with firmware leak in 10.3.0

Same issue on Passport. 10.3.0.908

Passport on ATT
    12-10-14 11:42 AM
    Contacts has been difficult due to all of our social links, computer links, and local links.
    In Contact Settings you find:
    "Show Account in Contact List" and you have the option to turn on Facebook, LinkedIn, Simcard, Local Contacts, and Outlook Contacts. If you turn all these on there is a potential for them to multiply (re populate) especially if you restore your contacts. Even Backup Pro can't stop this.
    Unfortunately, linking contacts does not help as the OS treats then as separate when you restore.
    Blackberry Link won't help you and Blend sees them as duplicates as well. I have been down this road with my Z10, Z30 and Passport. This has been discussed in the Forums many times.
    As has been previously stated the only way to avoid this is to have all contact information in one contact area. It is painstakingly difficult the first time to load all this data but it beats the heck out of deleting up to 12-15 duplicate entries whenever you restore or add new contacts.
    I am not clear why software can't fix this but that is the best workaround we have so far.
    Cheers.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    12-10-14 06:45 PM
    See Surgeon1919 post above

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    12-10-14 06:46 PM