07-11-14 12:22 PM
36 12
tools
    First they need to design a notebook style case that has the Passport on one side and a sleeve to hold a real passport on the other.

Traveler is dropped off by significant other at airport (hugs/kiss etc), goes to check in, takes case out of pocket... pulls out real passport and hands it to agent. While she does her thing, led blinks red and traveler swipes up to see lock screen showing "flight in **:**" calendar entry, an email header about the meeting/conference they are going to, and a BBM from his/her partner saying "Wait! You forgot your building/design plans/draft/schematics in the car!". Traveler taps directly into it and responds (showing keyboard ), "OK, meet you right outside" (with a bit of delay on the shot to see the quick blue "D" and green "R"). At which point he is handed back his real passport and ticket, easily puts it into the folding case and is shown walking towards the doors with the significant other waiting there with the tube case holding the important plans.

Don't leave home without your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Ha this one is great! I think it can even be done without the case. The commercial for the BlackBerry Passport is incredibly hard: show that it is building on the same foundations as ever, but that it is also modernised / updated with a new and different keyboard (+ screen size)!
    07-02-14 12:57 AM
    Perhaps it would be best advertising all the things it can't do!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 09:07 PM
    Why don't they use Kevin spacey and have him showing of the phone's features and at the end he sends a fast text to one of his minions?
    Saying something catchy

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-02-14 10:08 PM
    ^ Can that be managed in 30 seconds without feeling abrupt ?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah use a woman commanding the Passport.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-02-14 10:33 PM
    Use the voice of Optimus prime! And borrow some of the quotes they've used and just edit them..haha!

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-04-14 06:05 AM
    I think they should take some ideas from the old Apple commercial for the Lisa... the way the girl ran to break the hold Microsoft had on people.... it spoke volumes

Fat Mexican with a Z10 in CB10
    07-05-14 07:02 PM
    "BlackBerry Passport, no boundaries."
    07-07-14 09:12 AM
    07-08-14 03:06 PM
    They need to have LL Cool record Don't call it a come back!!! That will be awesome
    07-11-14 11:13 AM
    I'm thinking more a combination of the Classic, Z30 and Passport in one advertisement. I think Blackberry desperately needs some next-gen branding recognition. Too many people think they're still into tiny screen bolds. I'm also not a fan of verbally describing phone features in commercials. Visual advertising is they key. NO DIALOG! People remember visuals better. But in my proposal half the people should be on passports:

Setting:
    Queue some really energetic music:
    A business man walking quickly through a hectic downtown NY or Toronto preparing a presentation on their Passport. Camera zooms into the user's hands while typing on his passport. Capture the new keyboard.

As he walks by a bus shelter the camera quickly rotates and shifts into the shelter and focuses on a college girl writing an email on her Classic.

A cab quickly shoots past the bus stop. Camera rotates and changes perspective from inside the cab where a ridiculously beautiful business woman is Video BMM'ing into a conference call.

Cab drives under a train bridge. Camera rises up quickly, changes perspective focuses in on the train as its moving. Window seat, a couple is surfing the internet, both on headphones plugged into their Z30 (don't bother showing the splitter) or on the Amazon app store.

Train passes a Starbucks. Some girl plugging her i-phone into a changer while the person next to her is checking his battery on the Classic
    and it is showing at 75%.

Camera scrolls up to 2nd floor of starbucks building, into a Clinic. Camera shifts perspective into the clinic where a doctor is writing up a prescription on the passport and wirelessly sends it to the printer.

Each person should only occupy 3-4 seconds of commercial time. End the commercial with a new branding statement. I liked "designed to make you move" but it didn't work out well for BB first time around. Duplicate the same commercial 3-4 times, each commercial with different people in different settings. Even possibly link the commercials so that in commercial #2, there is also a camera shift based on a location in the original commercial.
    07-11-14 11:47 AM
    I would rather let the marketing people come up with idea on the presentation.
    However I do know the following items should be conveyed:

- Fits in your pocket (too many people are worried about this)
    - Spreadsheets, drawings etc can be viewed with greater ease.
    - Keyboard is touch sensitive and acts like a trackpad for precise curser placement for better website browsing (or something to that effect)
    - Classy, professional yet hip and different.
    - Show different colors options.
    07-11-14 12:22 PM
36 12