Does anyone have any cool ideas for a BlackBerry Passport commercial? If you made the commercial, would you want to see just the phone and a hand demonstrating its features? Would you show people using the phone in everyday life? etc. I was just interested
    06-24-14 06:15 PM
    I'd want to know how that keyboard works. A quick demo and show off the reinvigorated BB10 with 10.3 OS. Then say something quick about the dual app stores. BB world and Amazon. Must make it quick and to the point. A lot can be said in 30 seconds.

or...

Do what everyone else does and make some commercial showing people taking pictures and sharing something or the other and have some crummy music, no talking, and make it short and as cheap as possible and play it a bazillion times a day in every country on every network.

I like the first one.
    06-24-14 07:25 PM
    "Don't go anywhere without your PassPort"
    06-24-14 08:30 PM
    Guy trucking through the airport using his BB Passport to finish some business presentation and documents. Signs PDF on the go, shows his phone as his ID then at the gate BBM video his wife and kids to say he'll be back soon and loves them. Boards plane.
    Corbu, neoberry99, Rowan M and 2 others like this.
    06-25-14 09:42 AM
    ^ Can that be managed in 30 seconds without feeling abrupt ?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:13 AM
    Guy trucking through the airport using his BB Passport to finish some business presentation and documents. Signs PDF on the go, shows his phone as his ID then at the gate BBM video his wife and kids to say he'll be back soon and loves them. Boards plane.
    I was thinking exactly in something like that

How ever, the comercial MUST be placed on the airport

Posted via CB10
    xuhova likes this.
    06-25-14 10:13 AM
    Guy sitting with his business buddies at the airport and says he forgot his passport he runs off before his buddies gets to say his passports sitting there on the table. He comes back and brings the blackberry.

Then show off some features... like Bbm video and keyboard

The end.

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10
    06-25-14 10:20 AM
    ^ Can that be managed in 30 seconds without feeling abrupt ?

Posted via CB10
    The glory of it is that the airport is rushed, so he'd be in a hurry. Figure showing 1 or 2 secs of each thing, then him walking and 5 seconds of BBM video it's doable.
    06-25-14 10:34 AM
    You really think there will be commercials???????
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-25-14 11:02 AM
    If there are comercials they need to show the phone in use.
    xuhova likes this.
    06-25-14 11:30 AM
    Doh, i wrote it something briefly on CB on this but will expand the idea. Very simple but effective commercial. A person (like John Cleese or so) would go through customs after a plain trip, whatever. Customs officer asks for his passport where the traveler gives him his BlackBerry Passport. A completely surprised customs official looks amazed at this BlackBerry and the ending can vary in different ways:
    - The customs officer says he need to check this passport more thoroughly and runs off with it, maybe never coming back, followed by the traveler running after him. - Or the customs official looks at the traveler with a negative look for handing him the Blackberry instead of his real passport. Where as the traveler looks at him with a innocent look like you asked for it, how should i know which passport, got 2, bla bla. Also, the custom officer could ask for a passport and the traveler gives him both, his real paper one and his BB passport. Same ending, the custom agent looks bewildered, the traveler answers back like :"What, you asked for my passport? Pick one." Bla bla and so on. The commercial could be very short and with enough strong facial expressions should be very short.
    06-25-14 01:16 PM
    It should be similar to the Z10 BB10 commercials but they should emphasize the touch keyboard, screen size, and powered by BB10

Posted via CB10
    xuhova likes this.
    06-25-14 02:16 PM
    I think it would be nice to have a consumer and a professional commercial. I know this is a device targeted at biz professionals but people should know it can do both. One commercial can highlight the biz applications (like the airport idea above) and another could show the everyday non-work related applications. This could be done as separate 30 sec. spots or be done with the same actor back to back as a 45 or 60 sec. spot to also remind people of blackberry balance (which many people forget about or know nothing about). The actor could be mid to late 20s (no younger) in casual clothes using for quick texts, photos, show off amazon apps like netflix, instagram etc. and then have him/her choose work on the device and instantly transformed into biz clothing and biz setting and smooth transition to the biz productivity side of blackberry and then maybe back to casual for emphasis. this would require a longer spot but i think could be very powerful.
    EsJayDee and xuhova like this.
    06-25-14 02:30 PM
    If the capacitive keyboard features are true, then I'd like to see a commercial that begins with an old BlackBerry with the track wheel, highlighting how revolutionary it was at the time, then perhaps the bold 9000, highlighting same, then a perhaps a bold 9900, then evolving to the passport. This would lead into the theme of a "next generation communications tool" revelation of the commercial.

Just my $0.02.

Posted via CB10
    xuhova, neoberry99 and Tompire like this.
    06-25-14 02:56 PM
    If the capacitive keyboard features are true, then I'd like to see a commercial that begins with an old BlackBerry with the track wheel, highlighting how revolutionary it was at the time, then perhaps the bold 9000, highlighting same, then a perhaps a bold 9900, then evolving to the passport. This would lead into the theme of a "next generation communications tool" revelation of the commercial.

Just my $0.02.

Posted via CB10
    Love the nostalgia type commercials!
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-25-14 03:04 PM
    Love the nostalgia type commercials!
    Me too I think it will strike the nostalgia cords with many former BlackBerry users. At the same time showing them the future.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99, EsJayDee and xuhova like this.
    06-25-14 04:24 PM
    I'd want to know how that keyboard works. A quick demo and show off the reinvigorated BB10 with 10.3 OS. Then say something quick about the dual app stores. BB world and Amazon. Must make it quick and to the point. A lot can be said in 30 seconds.

or...

Do what everyone else does and make some commercial showing people taking pictures and sharing something or the other and have some crummy music, no talking, and make it short and as cheap as possible and play it a bazillion times a day in every country on every network.

I like the first one.
    i like both!
    07-01-14 04:10 PM
    Guy sitting with his business buddies at the airport and says he forgot his passport he runs off before his buddies gets to say his passports sitting there on the table. He comes back and brings the blackberry.

Then show off some features... like Bbm video and keyboard

The end.

Mr A Hanif BlackBerry10

he comes back because "you can't travel without your passport" lol (TheScionicMan)
    jose_trevizo likes this.
    07-01-14 04:11 PM
    Doh, i wrote it something briefly on CB on this but will expand the idea. Very simple but effective commercial. A person (like John Cleese or so) would go through customs after a plain trip, whatever. Customs officer asks for his passport where the traveler gives him his BlackBerry Passport. A completely surprised customs official looks amazed at this BlackBerry and the ending can vary in different ways:
    - The customs officer says he need to check this passport more thoroughly and runs off with it, maybe never coming back, followed by the traveler running after him. - Or the customs official looks at the traveler with a negative look for handing him the Blackberry instead of his real passport. Where as the traveler looks at him with a innocent look like you asked for it, how should i know which passport, got 2, bla bla. Also, the custom officer could ask for a passport and the traveler gives him both, his real paper one and his BB passport. Same ending, the custom agent looks bewildered, the traveler answers back like :"What, you asked for my passport? Pick one." Bla bla and so on. The commercial could be very short and with enough strong facial expressions should be very short.
    i like the 1st ending
    07-01-14 04:14 PM
    I would do something very cool and totally take the opposing view of business' device (as businessmen already or will spot it very soon as an obvious necessity for them):
    A modern trailblazer guy, a globetrotter with nonconformist clothing and a Passport in its shirt...well two of them, only the hidden one in paper.
    We follow him through his travels...
    with music from Madness : Airplane (never ask twice)
    and the lyrics
    The seas are my friend and the skies my home
    When clinging to the arm-rests, I travel alone
    I'm always ready to give advice
    Travelling companions never ask twice

the last words wile sharing informations on the Passport with his travelling companion
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 07-01-14 at 04:29 PM.
    neoberry99 and xuhova like this.
    07-01-14 04:18 PM
    I would Samsung it and fling a little mud. Other phones finding Apps just to view files or other things that BB10 has out of the box. Or how fast you can do things.

I just remember the S3 commercial where the guy in the Apple line says "I can't use a Samsung, I'm artistic" and his friend says "Dude. You're a barista ". Too good.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 04:32 PM
    Not really could be done from Maxium Securty!!!HaHaHaHa!!!!
    Last edited by jojo beaconsfield; 07-01-14 at 06:29 PM. Reason: should be attached to a previous comment
    07-01-14 06:26 PM
    Sorry,but that reminds me of Frank Boulben's brilliant ieas,LOLove
    07-01-14 06:41 PM
    First they need to design a notebook style case that has the Passport on one side and a sleeve to hold a real passport on the other.

Traveler is dropped off by significant other at airport (hugs/kiss etc), goes to check in, takes case out of pocket... pulls out real passport and hands it to agent. While she does her thing, led blinks red and traveler swipes up to see lock screen showing "flight in **:**" calendar entry, an email header about the meeting/conference they are going to, and a BBM from his/her partner saying "Wait! You forgot your building/design plans/draft/schematics in the car!". Traveler taps directly into it and responds (showing keyboard ), "OK, meet you right outside" (with a bit of delay on the shot to see the quick blue "D" and green "R"). At which point he is handed back his real passport and ticket, easily puts it into the folding case and is shown walking towards the doors with the significant other waiting there with the tube case holding the important plans.

Don't leave home without your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 10:27 PM
    I believe they should think out of the box. Not only tie it to traveling, and going "through" airports. But to what BlackBerry at the core really does. Show how it gets us "through " the day. How so effortless it transitions from a work powerhouse for a professional, to how easily you can manage your personal. A homemaker managing her busy day, a student's college life, a group of friends organizing to hang out, or go out on some road trip. Heck, that only can be one family doing all these things. (mines). Show how it can be a work horse, and socially friendly at the same time. One device gets you "through ".

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z30-5
    EsJayDee likes this.
    07-01-14 11:15 PM
36 12