Hi Friends,

Currently I am using Z10, however I am kind of confuse in choosing blackberry passport or classic? I prefer to buy blackberry classic because I need to type a lot, and i believe keyboard in classic is 100 times better than passport..the only thing that holding me back is, the specification in classic is almost the same as my z10, so it's no point for me to buy new phone with the same specification as i have.

what do you think guys? should i just go for passport?

cheers,

grosir tas branded wanita
    Last edited by lokomotifbag; 02-10-16 at 11:43 PM.
    02-09-15 03:28 AM
    Yes, go for the Passport. That was my hesitation at first too. The low specs is really a drawback for the Classic. the keyboard on the PP may seem to be odd at first but it's quite intuitive. You'll be flying on it in no time.

Or you can hold on to your Z30 and wait until there's a new Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 04:02 AM
    Don't feel big issues with Classic so far. No lagging, no delays. If you wouldn't know Classic specs, you never found it is same Q10.
    02-09-15 04:15 AM
    Hi! Go for the Passport! Not only the specs are an upgrade from the Z10, the keyboard is awesome too! I also came from a Z10, and the keyboard was questionable at first because it's wide! But as almost everyone here in the forums say, please give it a chance to prove itself first. Maybe a week or two to break in the keyboard and getting used to it.

Someone who just touched the keyboard for once, twice or even thrice is not in the position to judge it right away. I've only been 6 days with my Passport, and I'm loving it more and more each day! I don't think it to be as wide as I thought it was when I saw it the first time.

Congrats on your future Passport (in case you get one)!!!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-09-15 04:44 AM
    Stay with z10 until the next full touch flagship release. Keyboard is a waste of space whatever how good its perform. Classic's design is good but poor of hardware though BB OS 10 doesn't need high specs to run, but you will need powerful hardware to run laggy android apps. Beside that, classic reminds me of torch family. Touchscreen is more than enough, touchpad is a big waste of space.
    02-09-15 07:20 AM
    Stay with z10 until the next full touch flagship release. Keyboard is a waste of space whatever how good its perform. Classic's design is good but poor of hardware though BB OS 10 doesn't need high specs to run, but you will need powerful hardware to run laggy android apps. Beside that, classic reminds me of torch family. Touchscreen is more than enough, touchpad is a big waste of space.
    While this may seem to be the case for you, it may not be the same for everyone else.

Coming from an all-touch environment (Z10, LG G2, Lumia 1520 etc.) I can say that for me having a keyboard is pretty much essential. I have never missed my all-touch phones since I switched first to a Q10 and now the Passport. For what I do the keyboard is way more important.

Still, I won't insist that it's the case for everyone. If you like all-touch, go ahead, stick with it. However, if you make a blanket statement that the keyboard is a waste of space, then I'll challenge you, because it's not the case for me (and a few other people here).
    jweihrauch likes this.
    02-09-15 07:45 AM
    To respond the the OP:

If you're serious about moving to either the Classic or Passport then I put my vote in for the Passport. The specs are great, the keyboard is easy to adapt to, and the phone is all-round lovely. The Classic does have the advantage of being more compact in size, but that's about it.

If you need an all-touch device, the Z30 is your only upgrade option. The specs are slightly better than the Z10 and it has pretty good battery life. Otherwise, you'll have to wait and see if they announce another all-touch device this year.
    02-09-15 07:53 AM
    I loved my Z10. But the Passport is, without a doubt, awesome. I believe that the virtual keyboard is the actual waste of space. When you're using it, it actually occupies half of the screen! And most of the time, you really have to take out that virtual keyboard since you type a lot with the phone.

Also, until when will he wait for that recommended next full touch flagship? Time is passing by that he's not being able to exploit the innovation of the Passport. Besides, he's dilemma is just between the Passport and the Classic...

02-09-15 08:01 AM
    If you are coming from z10 you won't feel fluid in classic as both have same specs.
    Try passport it is really faster than z10 or you can wait for z20. It will be releasing soon...

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-09-15 09:04 AM
    One should not forget about the dimensions of the passports size. I use it almost since its release and I really love everything about it BUT the more time that is going past the more I wish it would be at least 1cm less in width! One even cannot accept an incoming phone call with one hand...
    02-09-15 12:31 PM
    While this may seem to be the case for you, it may not be the same for everyone else.

Coming from an all-touch environment (Z10, LG G2, Lumia 1520 etc.) I can say that for me having a keyboard is pretty much essential. I have never missed my all-touch phones since I switched first to a Q10 and now the Passport. For what I do the keyboard is way more important.

Still, I won't insist that it's the case for everyone. If you like all-touch, go ahead, stick with it. However, if you make a blanket statement that the keyboard is a waste of space, then I'll challenge you, because it's not the case for me (and a few other people here).
    It's natural for users having different opinion about which is better between physical or touch keyboard. One of my reasons moved to BB 1 year ago is because they can make powerful full touch phone to stand on the front line. I didn't say that physical keyboard on passport or classic do not perform awesome, yes they do perform well.

I think BB still making physical keyboard device for keeping their old users which prefer physical keyboard, while majority in the world prefer to full touch style (this is only my opinion). It will be better if they make both style in their next products. But still, I guess physical is wasting space of the phone's face, while the function is only for type (for me). In the end, it depens on which one you used to.
    02-09-15 07:13 PM
    I loved my Z10. But the Passport is, without a doubt, awesome. I believe that the virtual keyboard is the actual waste of space. When you're using it, it actually occupies half of the screen! And most of the time, you really have to take out that virtual keyboard since you type a lot with the phone.

Also, until when will he wait for that recommended next full touch flagship? Time is passing by that he's not being able to exploit the innovation of the Passport. Besides, he's dilemma is just between the Passport and the Classic...

Really? I don't think so. I love my Z3 and Z30 because its big screen for easy navigate. While I need to type, (almost) half screen will show the keyboard, while I need to navigate the keyboard will hiding. So the half screen is the way useful because it can be use for keyboard and navigate. But physical only can use for type and it almost eats half face of the phone. Beside, BB's touch keyboard is powerful enough for me. What we need here is used to it (physical or touch).

Time is passing, is that so. Go for passport
    02-09-15 07:21 PM
    100 times better? That's a stretch. I think it's probably a little better to start with, and after a few weeks it's only slightly better or on par. The benefits of Passport completely outweigh the slight disadvantage of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-09-15 07:55 PM
    I went from a Z10 to a passport, the only hard part was getting used to the size which wasn't really hard the passport keyboard awesome and doesn't feel bulky. Typed a bunch of work documents on my passport when I had to meet a deadline

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 08:01 PM
    My first half dozen+ smartphones were all-touch devices (mostly Android). I loved them. I had never used a BlackBerry device before that.

Then I tried a Z10, which my wife took. So I tried a Q10, and liked it better than the Z10. The Passport retired the Q10.

So, not only old BlackBerry users like the PKB. While I occasionally wanted a larger screen when I had the Q10, I have never felt the need for an all-touch device since I switched to the Passport.

YMMV

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    02-09-15 08:10 PM
    To the OP: I think the most important thing to consider is how you'll use the device. If you get a Classic, you're getting a device you can use pretty easily with one hand. If you can be more productive with that PKB, the Classic is best, also because the battery life is superior. If you don't mind using a device with two hands all the time, willing to adjust to a three-row KB learning curve, and want cutting edge specs, then the Passport is for you. Good luck with your decision!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 08:12 PM
    As an avid typer on a Smartphone, I was concerned with the Passport. It seems scary as the symbols aren't on the keys and it's not the normal alt + keys. However, I find that I'm typing as fast as I ever have and with far less typos due to the larger keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 08:52 PM
    Keyboard seems to be your issue. I came from a Q10 to the Passport. I type a tremendous amount as I am deaf and use the text and email to communicate rather than the phone. The Q10's keyboard layout is the same as the Classic minus the tool belt.

It took no time to switch to get used to the Passport layout and my typing speed/accuracy increased with use to the point where I am as proficient on it as I was on my Q10.

Love my Passport and will not be going back.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:01 PM

so it's no point for me to buy new phone with the same specification as i have.
    You have answered to yourself

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:22 PM
    thank you so much guys.. i 100% sure to go for passport.. after reading all your input...

the main reason i don't like my z10 is the battery life... i have to recharge my phone 3 times a day.. i hope i won't do that in passport...
    02-10-15 04:10 AM
    thank you so much guys.. i 100% sure to go for passport.. after reading all your input...

the main reason i don't like my z10 is the battery life... i have to recharge my phone 3 times a day.. i hope i won't do that in passport...
    You shouldn't have to. Even if you use your phone fairly heavily, you should be able to get through a day without having to charge the phone.

Good luck!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    02-10-15 05:00 AM

Same here! Coming from a Z10 that I have to charge 2-3 times a day, battery in the Passport is heaven! You'll be blown! Enjoy!

02-10-15 05:48 AM
    Folks say the Classic runs better...it's still an old engine in that thing. Same engine as my old q10..just updated with newer spec is how I look at it.

It's like going from a Camaro to a Vette.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:43 AM
    I'm going to the mall to play with both right now. Mainly trying to choose between Passport and Z30 but Z30's are NEVER on display anymore.
    02-10-15 10:55 AM