Passport is a beast, and I would like to think future proof

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:16 AM
    The new Classport from AT&T...

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    01-07-15 01:19 PM
    Let's be honest here, OP, you posted this in Passport subforum, of course you will go with Passport. So all I am going to say is, you have made the right decision ... just, let us know when you have pulled the trigger.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-07-15 04:43 PM
    After playing with a Classic yesterday I'm leaning more to the Passport. It actually annoyed my every time I had to hit the alt key to get a number and I really really like my swipe back to delete.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:32 PM
    After playing with a Classic yesterday I'm leaning more to the Passport. It actually annoyed my every time I had to hit the alt key to get a number and I really really like my swipe back to delete.

Posted via CB10
    It's an awesome device you won't regret it!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:51 PM
    The Passport is 100% awesome if you always have 2 hands available. I've been on vacation since Christmas and the Passport has been nothing but awesome!

Now that I'm back to work and always in the work van driving, scheduling work, talking on the phone, etc...I can see where the Classic now shines! I didn't realize how important one handed use was/is!

I still have 2 more days with the Passport to make up my mind between the 2 and it's a close tie right now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Lefty724; 01-07-15 at 10:54 PM.
    01-07-15 08:18 PM
    The Passport is 100% awesome if you always have 2 hands available. I've been on vacation since Christmas and the Passport has been a godsend device for me.

Now that I'm back to work and always in the work van driving, scheduling work, talking on the phone, etc...I can see where the Classic now shines! I didn't realize how important one handed use was/is!

I still have 2 more days with the Passport to make up my mind between the 2 and it's a close tie right now.

Posted via CB10
    Try holding the phone one handed with your pinky resting at the base of the device... works for me. Then again I have pretty big hands..

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:22 PM
    Thanks but I have pretty small hands lol. Tried everything.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:45 PM
    Thanks but I have pretty small hands lol. Tried everything.

Posted via CB10
    Holding a PP, I could only stretch my right thumb until "S", with the Classic I could still go towards the "Q", but I find it awkward to push the Shift button if I needed to. BlackBerry went for a wider size for both PP and Classic compare with Zs and Qs. Since this is the case I've realized, I'll be going for the maximum wide version they could offer because F* it, Wide is the new trend.

I'm just waiting now until the end of January if there will be any news for Full Black option of PP and because we have this Festival Sale here in Dubai that I can buy the device with in good promo price.

"When life gives you Blackberries... keep moving b*tch!"
    01-07-15 10:25 PM
    I have a confession.....

As I was driving today, I was texting (I know, I know), scheduling jobs, and entering numbers/addresses. This was so hard and awkward that I was pissed and happy at the same time! At one point I was so mad I pulled over and popped the sim back into my Classic and used it the rest of the work day lol! Once I had the Classic in my hand, it was back to one-handed business as usual.

Once I got home, I started texting the employees, sending invoices, and emails.....this is where I really missed the Passport again. I then popped the sim back into the Passport and here I am. In a matter of about 7 hours, I really missed my Passport! It's just a straight up awesome device man.

As you guys can tell, I'm a confused mess right now!

This has been a moment with Lefty.....

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-07-15 10:53 PM
    I have a confession.....

As I was driving today, I was texting (I know, I know), scheduling jobs, and entering numbers/addresses. This was so hard and awkward that I was pissed and happy at the same time! At one point I was so mad I pulled over and popped the sim back into my Classic and used it the rest of the work day lol! Once I had the Classic in my hand, it was back to one-handed business as usual.

Once I got home, I started texting the employees, sending invoices, and emails.....this is where I really missed the Passport again. I then popped the sim back into the Passport and here I am. In a matter of about 7 hours, I really missed my Passport! It's just a straight up awesome device man.

You need a Z50, like me.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-07-15 10:56 PM
    I have a confession.....

have you tried the assistant?
    it might be difficult due to my accent, but for native english speakers it should make miracles
    01-08-15 04:47 AM
    I have a confession.....

I ordered a 2nd sim card to address similar experiences as described above. If I forced myself to choose one, it would have to be the device that is most comfortable and efficient. That would be the Classic, without any question.
    01-08-15 05:58 AM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:11 AM
    Well I have 1 more day to make up my mind. Right now, the Passport is in the lead by a pretty good clip.

Gonna charge up the Classic tonight and use it tomorrow for a full work day. Once I do that, I will make up my mind and pick 1 device to use for the rest of the year. I'm in a huge quest to simplify my life here...

I also plan on posting my thoughts once I make a choice.

01-08-15 06:43 PM
    Well I have 1 more day to make up my mind. Right now, the Passport is in the lead by a pretty good clip.

Gonna charge up the Classic tonight and use it tomorrow for a full work day. Once I do that, I will make up my mind and pick 1 device to use for the rest of the year. I'm in a huge quest to simplify my life here...

I also plan on posting my thoughts once I make a choice.

You might lean more towards the classic since you're going to be using it the whole day. Trying going half and half

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    01-08-15 07:28 PM
    You might lean more towards the classic since you're going to be using it the whole day. Trying going half and half

Posted via CB10
    I did the half and half yesterday and missed the Passport after a few hours. Today while I was working, I had to look up a few things on the Passport and it was sooooo fast! Loved it!

The hard part is one handed use with the Passport. Mainly while driving. Since my van is my mobile office, I'm always on the go and using my phone is important while driving.... even though I know it's illegal and very dangerous!

The Classic works great for one handed us but is a lot slower imo. The Passport is snappy and goes as fast as I can press the button(s). My main app which is an Android app runs twice as fast on the Passport. This is also very important.

01-08-15 07:51 PM
    From your description, you sound like someone who will be crazy about the Classic. It is the perfect upgrade for any Legacy user. The Passport is a great phone but it will have a learning curve and the size will take getting used to. I find the size of the Classic absolutely perfect.

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    01-08-15 08:21 PM
    I have a confession.....

Hiya Lefty. I've seen you going back and forth between the two phones on the forums the past week. This post, I think, shows that you like the Passport more as you miss it when you are not using it. You only switched back to the Classic to do things that you are not supposed to be doing in the first place. I'm sure you know this already but pointing it out might help you, even if only a little. Might save your life too since you are forced to stop driving in order to use it.
    nglfmark and Lefty724 like this.
    01-08-15 09:59 PM
    Thanks and I agree. I need to stop using the phone while driving....

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    01-08-15 10:08 PM
    Thanks and I agree. I need to stop using the phone while driving....

Posted via CB10
    How about with BlackBerry Assistant? Have you tried using it to reply texts or set an appointment? I'm not running 10.3 so I'm very curious about it since I these things to when I'm at field work.

Lefty724 likes this.
    01-08-15 10:32 PM
    How about with BlackBerry Assistant? Have you tried using it to reply texts or set an appointment? I'm not running 10.3 so I'm very curious about it since I these things to when I'm at field work.

Oooh, haven't thought of that? Maybe I'll try and set it up tomorrow?

That's a great idea! Thanks

01-08-15 10:37 PM
    Do you like the toolbelt, and do you make plenty of phone calls? Those are the two main reasons I moved from the Passport to the Classic. The Passport is great and I love it. It didn't take long to effortlessly type on the three row keyboard and virtual keyboard. The main reason I opted for the Classic is because I also use my phone to actually make and receive calls, and the Passport just felt too large when holding it up to my ear.

Viewing documents and reading email was a breeze on the Passport, but the toolbelt and more comfortable size of the Classic won out for me.

I've had my Classic for almost a week and don't see changing it for another anytime soon. My two cents

Posted via CB10
    chflower and Lefty724 like this.
    01-08-15 10:40 PM
    Touched a Classic today for the first time. I prefer the Passport. The Passport feels way more high end

Posted via CB10
    chflower and Lefty724 like this.
    01-08-15 11:16 PM
    Thanks for the input jas! I don't use the actual phone as much as I text/email. The toolbelt is awesome and makes life easy on the Classic. The size, keyboard, tool belt, and Apollo are all strong points and keep it in the race....

When driving I always have a bluetooth device on, it's just the scheduling and texting that makes it hard when using the Passport.

I'm confused because I love the Passport in every single way and maybe...just maybe it'll get me to stop using the phone while driving by forcing me to wait for the next stop?

Posted via CB10
    chflower and jas1978 like this.
    01-08-15 11:19 PM
137 ... 23456