I went back and forth on this. Ultimately I had to go with the Passport. The Classic is overpriced for the specs.

Loving my Passport but I think you would like both.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 08:36 PM
    The andriod runtime player is much improved in the latest leak. Spec's wont effect performance as much due to optimization. The classic will run Andriod just fine with the new updates.
    01-03-15 09:19 PM
    The andriod runtime player is much improved in the latest leak. Spec's wont effect performance as much due to optimization. The classic will run Andriod just fine with the new updates.
    While this is true, I had a z10 with the latest leak and now a Passport with the latest leak. The passport is much faster with android.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:14 PM
    Passport is the best choice

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 10:26 PM
    This is a personal decision. The Passport has more everything, but the Classic has the keyboard and tool belt from the Bold 9930, generally acknowledged to be the best BBOS BlackBerry. It's really that simple. If you loved the old BlackBerry for the physical reasons, get the Classic. For everything else, get the Passport.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on CB10!
    01-03-15 10:55 PM
    I thought I wouldn't like the three row keyboard but have got used to it pretty quickly, I would like numbers on the QWE etc keys, but am surviving just fine without it. Also don't forget the keyboard is a trackpad which is bloody fantastic. This is a feature I still forget to use when browsing CB or the net.

As for the one handed use - not an issue, I think you'll like the passport so much you will want to use two hands. I'm a bit biased as I no longer have a an hour standing train commute to work so it's less critical for me to use a phone one handed. That said I think working wide makes up for the one handed use, I don't think I can go back to my Z10 for normal use, I use it only for running and bits - not selling though.

Be bold and get the passport, mega device and battery.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:00 PM
    im glad I got the passport but if you not sure go and give them both a go at the same time and see how you get on
    01-04-15 01:22 AM
    Passport definitely in term of specs and looks.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:22 AM
    Passport.

No, Classic.

Wait, Passport has all specs and build.

Hmm, Classic has the best combination toolbelt and keyboard. Plus it fits on one hand.

Well, whatever you choose it's up to you how you will use them. Both are perfect in terms of specs, build, and quality. Choose the best will work for you.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1949
    pandabear444 and Vintage123 like this.
    01-04-15 08:06 AM
    If you are not positioned to buy both devices, buy the Classic. Some people have moved to the larger devices permanently. I have the super sized phones too, but they don't fit me as a 24/7 daily driver. How do you carry your device? What is your activity level with a Blackberry?
    Vintage123 and pandabear444 like this.
    01-04-15 08:19 AM
    No matter what people say about how good classic is, be sure in 1 thing:
    Passport has much much better specs and is priced just a little bit more than classic.
    Most probably, having in mind ram, memory size and chipset, I would say classic will be able to run 10.4 at max, while passport will have no trouble with 10.5 I would say.

In short - passport is flagship, classic - just a good phone.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    fxiddy, tanzarian and thedose like this.
    01-04-15 10:30 AM
    I've been testing the Passport since last Wednesday against my Classic that I used for a week and half. Every time I go to put the sim back into the Classic, I can't do it? Is this a sign?

The Passport is awkward for me to use and store in my pocket? I just received my Seidio holster today, so hopefully that helps. I just can't seem to go back to the Classic....

I'm gonna give it until Friday to make my final decision...

Posted from my Spongeberry Passport using CB10
    01-05-15 09:22 PM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 11:31 PM
    The screen is a major consideration for me, personally. The learning curve on the 3 rows keyboard takes sometimes to get used to, it's not that hard :-p

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:48 AM
    For me, the Passport screen is amazing for reading PDF files and browsing the web. I really had to get used to the keyboard and the number input through the touch screen. When I took out my trusty Q10 for a spin yesterday, the keyboard still felt much more natural and quicker for me. I do like the Classic in design (don't own one), but I think I like the Q10 better. Now I'm thinking about buying the Porsche Design Q10. About the speed: Q10 flies and so does the Passport. No noticable difference for me.
    01-06-15 12:37 PM
    Oh man. I tried to pop the sim back into the Classic today for fun. That lasted about 10 minutes and I missed the Passport? Is this a sign?

It was cool to answer texts and the phone with one hand, but it just felt wrong? Uh-oh.

I'm still getting used to the Passport's keyboard and learn something new everyday.

01-06-15 07:37 PM
    Oh man. I tried to pop the sim back into the Classic today for fun. That lasted about 10 minutes and I missed the Passport? Is this a sign?

It was cool to answer texts and the phone with one hand, but it just felt wrong? Uh-oh.

I'm still getting used to the Passport's keyboard and learn something new everyday.

You're going to stay with the passport!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:45 PM
    You're going to stay with the passport!

Posted via CB10
    It's looking like it? The Classic is awesome as well, just really diggin the Passport right now.

01-06-15 11:26 PM
    It's looking like it? The Classic is awesome as well, just really diggin the Passport right now.

Looks like it's going to be the Passport.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    01-07-15 12:09 AM
    Passport...specs are more up to date.
    But in the end, it's up to you...if your feeling 90's go with the classic
    The 90's? Exaggerate much? I had a cell phone in the 90's and I don't think your memory is so great lol.
    01-07-15 02:28 AM
    No matter what people say about how good classic is, be sure in 1 thing:
    Passport has much much better specs and is priced just a little bit more than classic.
    Most probably, having in mind ram, memory size and chipset, I would say classic will be able to run 10.4 at max, while passport will have no trouble with 10.5 I would say.

In short - passport is flagship, classic - just a good phone.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    You really think it will only last one bump??? That would be a bit alarming if accurate.
    01-07-15 02:32 AM
    You really think it will only last one bump??? That would be a bit alarming if accurate.
    Classics specs are more or less same as z10.

Same chipset, cpu, ram, while passport has top tier specs.

Do you think that z10 will have enough juice for 10.5 let's say (if such os will be released)? I have no idea how 10.4 will run...

Even now, for 10.3, you need quite extensive optimisations to be done on 10.3 (to 10.3.1) to have it running with great performance.

I do remember how it was with 9780 bold when os 7 was released... and it was incompatible due to memory or chipset.

01-07-15 02:40 AM
    I think you should choose the passport one. For me, it can bring you more wonderful experiences
    01-07-15 02:56 AM
    Had the Q10, Passport and the Classic. In the end it was a simply choice. I kept the Classic because of the 4 row keyboard and the one handed use. I'd prefer having a faster CPU and all but I'd choose it again over the Passport which is a great device but too hard to handle in some situations.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    01-07-15 03:16 AM
    You must have something present: Classic is the upgrade for the 9930. If you still use a Bold, Classic would be perfect for you but if you already use a newer device I think you should go with the Passport. Classic is not really a "new" phone, its target is the Bold users.
    01-07-15 10:08 AM
137 12345 ...