Currently have a BlackBerry Passport but was considering to switch to a classic. Is it worth it?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:33 AM
    No. It lags, for once, due to the lesser RAM and CPU. But, it sure is nice for typing long hours with. The OG PP's keyboard is rather stiff, if that's your problem and reason for switching, but you can always get the SE version for softer keyboard.
    11-09-15 02:06 AM
    I have the classic and love it but I am very tempted by the passport. I also have android phone and don't know if I could justify the priv. There's no way the privacy can be on the same level as bb10

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 02:32 AM
    I've got passport SE but now looking at white classic, thinking about getting one. It's very cute compared to brutal passport) Does it really feel slower? 2 gb of ram is not that small at all. Maybe just not use android apps on classic?
    11-09-15 02:57 AM
    I don't notice the Classic to be much slower. I don't use any Android apps, so maybe that's why, but I switch between my SE Passport and Classic a lot, because the Classic is just a nice more compact experience.

The battery life isn't as good, but it's not *bad*... I can easily get through a whole day of BBM, twitter, Web browsing and some phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 03:24 AM
    If ur using passport and u got used to it, you'll get annoyed when switching to classic
    Passport's screen size and keyboard are addictive
    I suggest u play with a classic a bit before getting one

From BlackBerry with Love
    11-09-15 03:32 AM
    Is there additional row or several rows of virtual keys on classic or there is just physical keyboard keys? What about word suggestions?
    11-09-15 04:08 AM
    I've got passport SE but now looking at white classic, thinking about getting one. It's very cute compared to brutal passport) Does it really feel slower? 2 gb of ram is not that small at all. Maybe just not use android apps on classic?
    IMHO: keep the SE and buy the Classic. That way you can compare and convinced enough on which one to let go and going single driver again.
    11-09-15 04:42 AM
    About two months ago, I had both the Classic and the Passport. I kept switching back and forth between the two of them. A few weeks ago, I bricked my Classic with too much screen protector solution. So guess which phone I've decided to stick to?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:06 AM
    I could never give up the PP screen size.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:14 AM
    I think the main reason I kind of want to switch is because the passport is a little to big for a one hand use. My only con about it

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:45 PM
    I think the main reason I kind of want to switch is because the passport is a little to big for a one hand use. My only con about it

Posted via CB10
    The Classic is great for one handed use, especially if you use the auto suggest things. I frequently type with one hand on the Classic, whereas with the Passport in most cases it's impossible.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 04:47 PM
    I moved from using a Classic for over a year to a Passport SE - and not looking back at all

The Classic is ideal for one-handed use and some would argue the typing experience is better but there is no substitute for the Passport SE - I strongly advise that over the Classic, and excels in each and every single department vs. the Classic

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE UK / Twitter @OMGitsRLR / BBM PIN 2BF3EF46
    11-09-15 04:58 PM
    I have both, and I find myself using the Classic almost exclusively. The size is great, the keyboard is better than the Passport and I love the toolbelt. I had the Passport for about a year before getting the Classic, so I was used to the Passport keyboard and size before I switched to the Classic - I've never regretted it.

I do notice some slowdowns on the Classic, but that's mostly when I'm using games or some large Android apps. The rest of the time the difference is minimal. Also, every time I use the Passport, I notice how much better the screen is when compared to the Classic.

The Classic is different from the Passport, and has some advantages. It is worth taking a look at.
    11-09-15 05:01 PM
    Both great devices but the Passport is the clear winner. Once you go wide, you won't go back!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    BarefootBerry likes this.
    11-09-15 05:26 PM
    As other's have said, The passport is a great device and so is the classic. That being said I have tried to run both side by side. The classic on vzw the passport on att. The devices are in two different performance brackets. The classic is noticeably slower when using the devices at the same time. Now the less you use the passport the less you notice it. Also the classic also felt cheaper once using the passport you want a better device that's the passport that's just the truth. You want a one handed device the classic works better

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-09-15 05:59 PM
    I have the Classic and just recently purchased the Passport. The Classic is a great device and I have never had any issues with it. However, I really like the larger screen, the keyboard, and the form factor of the Passport better. Totally in LOVE with this device!

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 04:59 PM
    The Classic will ruin the time you spend with the Passport because of its pocketability. I thought I could rock both, but sadly my Passport is gathering dust. When I do use it I realise how much I gave up using the classic as my daily driver.

It's a futile problem If you can't compromise your workflow for the Passport's eccentric proportions, leave it and commit to the Classic. I'd say don't do it.

You can't unknow the Classic's utility. Wish I never did it.

 Classic via CB
    11-11-15 01:51 AM
    The Classic will ruin the time you spend with the Passport because of its pocketability. I thought I could rock both, but sadly my Passport is gathering dust. When I do use it I realise how much I gave up using the classic as my daily driver.

It's a futile problem If you can't compromise your workflow for the Passport's eccentric proportions, leave it and commit to the Classic. I'd say don't do it.

You can't unknow the Classic's utility. Wish I never did it.

 Classic via CB
    I have exactly the same problem, but with a Q10. Eventually I only use the Passport only for emails, internet browsing, watching FastTube, doing translations, editing documents and writing articles on the go. But the Q10 is what I pocket every day for phone call, text, BBM and Whatsapp. There's no way I put that monster called Passport up to my ear for phone call. Heh. But it's amazingly perfect for conference call with clients.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 11-11-15 at 04:57 AM.
    11-11-15 02:08 AM
    I have exactly the same problem, but with a Q10. Eventually I only use the Passport only for internet browsing, watching FastTube, doing translations, editing documents and writing articles on the go. But the Q10 is what I pocket every day for phone call, text, BBM and Whatsapp. There's no way I put that monster called Passport up to my ear for phone call. Heh. But it's amazingly perfect for conference call with clients.
    I have the same situation here. I used my Q10 last week because I sell my OG and ordered the SE. And while returning to the Q10 was difficult because of the display and the little content available on screen, it was a real pleasure to text messages and make calls on the go, and then put it in my back pocket without being afraid of breaking the phone. I was really fast on this phone.
    Now i'm on the SE. The experience is totally different. It's more like a little computer than a phone. This is more comfortable. And the way you carry it is different as well.

The only thing I know is if I make a trip to the mountains or something like that, where I need to be more precise and efficient for primary tasks, I'll take the Q10 without hesitation.
    11-11-15 02:59 AM
    I have started with the Q10 just to test the OS. Loved it. Moved to Classic for the toolbelt, screen and otg usb. My wife took the Q10 for her (she loves it). Moved to passport SE. Best phone ever. At first I thought that I will use both the Classic and the Passport. Started with the passport to get used to it. Now I can not get back. I am still using the Classic for tests and backup but my phone is the passport. The classic seems too small, especially the screen, rather slow, and I do miss the touch functions of the keyboard. All in all I can do more with the passport despite the fact that is a two hands phone.

Passport SE 10.3.2.2639
    tl000 likes this.
    11-11-15 03:36 AM
    I have both, and to be honest it will come down to how you use the phone. For standard uses (telephoning, messaging, emails, etc.) there is virtually no performance difference between the classic and the PP. The PP is definitely the more premium device, it looks much cooler, will turn heads, and does quite a few things better than the classic. However, the classic is definitely the more practical phone... particularly if you need to use it one-handed. I find the 'classic' design of the classic (tool belt and track pad) to be vastly superior for basic use, buy while I miss this in the PP the latter wins out and I probably would not go back to the classic now. As I said, its a matter of your use requirements, and in my case the PP is the phone I go to.
    tl000 and BBRYQ10 like this.
    11-11-15 03:53 AM
    I have forgot to mention that I have used the Q10 and the Classic in the leather pocket and that means that one uses two hands to get the phone out making it a two hands phone just like the passport is. The Classic beeing or not slower than the Passport depends on how you use it but the Passport boots faster than Classic.
    I have also forgot to mention that my wife wants a Passport too.
    Please bear in mind that all this is based om my personal experience with the phones but I am trying to be as objective as possible. You must make the final decision based on what you think is best for you.
    tl000 likes this.
    11-11-15 04:11 AM
    The passport just edges out th classic for me. I get a lot of documents on the fly and reading them on the passport cannot be compared to any other phone. It's amazing!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:19 PM
    Touch-enabled keyboard on the Passport is second to none.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 07:21 PM