I currently have a PP, but I am getting a Blue classic as well.. is there a way to backup my PP and restore it to my Classic? so they are both setup the same!

Scott
    08-20-15 02:00 PM
    Congrats on your new Classic!

I will be watching this thread closely because I have a similar question! I currently have a Classic and just ordered a new PP SE that will arrive tomorrow.

I want to just swap the SIM back and forth. Can I log into both devices with the same BlackBerry account? As long as I don't care about the BBM convos syncing, I should be ok, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 02:05 PM
    You can back up using link and restore in your other bb10 device... also, you can use an app called switch device from BlackBerry world to do the same...

Posted via CB10
    RWB3325 likes this.
    08-20-15 02:26 PM
    ^what he said. I switch all the time from PP to Classic.
    08-20-15 04:33 PM
    Device Switch copies contacts, photos, etc but not the apps themselves. Link is a more complete backup/restore with the apps. Both work well

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:55 PM
    If you save all your contacts on Google and all your pictures on your media card, Device Switch would be useless. As mentioned above, use BlackBerry Link to sync your apps.

Sent from my  Classic
    08-20-15 07:37 PM

I will be watching this thread closely because I have a similar question! I currently have a Classic and just ordered a new PP SE that will arrive tomorrow.

I want to just swap the SIM back and forth. Can I log into both devices with the same BlackBerry account? As long as I don't care about the BBM convos syncing, I should be ok, right?

Posted via CB10
    You can't use BBM messenger on both devices at the same time. Everything would work fine with the same BlackBerry ID though. Enjoy!

Via BlackBerry Passport "SE" OS 10.3.2.2339 on Blazin Fast T-Mobile
    08-20-15 08:18 PM
    I have a classic on verizon my personal phone and got the passport a week or so ago. The classic just seams not as good anymore I don't even use it unless someone calls me it just sits on the wireless charger. Something about the passport just feels so much better. And it sucks because I paid full price for the classic and it's just wasting away. It's still a good phone don't want anyone thinking that I'm saying it's not.maybe it's just that the pp is new so it will wear off

Edit: I know I didn't contribute anything the the thread but does anyone else feel like the classic is a step down when you use it
    Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 08:59 PM
    I have a ATT Passport that I just got a week ago and love it.
    I have my Z30 just sitting and I am really loving the physical keyboard again so I traded my Z30 for a Classic yesterday and it should be here Saturday. I am going to switch back and forth and so jazzed to have two phones with KB's . I will just have to set up a new BBID on the classic when I switch the sim from the Passport to Classic
    08-20-15 09:03 PM
    I switch from one Verizon BB10 phone to another every few weeks. I also have my BlackBerry Passport on Consumer Cellular with me all the time. I wrote the steps I take in another forum post a few months ago.

Basically I use the same BBID and cloud sync PIM stuff to my ActiveSync Account. I also use two or three apps that either sync to the cloud or allow me to backup to the cloud. When I switch my primary phone, I backup using Link and then just restore BBM to the new BlackBerry.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    08-20-15 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    YOu can have the same BBID on both devices but only one can be Active at a time. Otherwise, the second inactive device will be able to get email, updates, whatnot all the same as the first device as long as it's on Wi-Fi. (Active Device has BBM and is on Mobile and Wi-FI. the Inactive device loses BBM conversations but remains connected for Social Media, Email, etc.)
    08-20-15 09:26 PM
    How many times can you switch form phone to phone with the same BBID? Because I know when you put the sim in a different phone it asks if you want to transfer.

It use to be only a few times before be blocked or something like that?
    08-20-15 09:26 PM
    Periodically I will switch between my Q10, Classic, Z10 or Z30.

I use SMS Backup to transfer my Text messages to the other BlackBerry. I save the backup file and folder to my SDCard.

I use an app called Acar to track Auto expenses. It is an Android app and when I do a backup, it stores that backup file in the device memory. It also supports backup to Dropbox and Onedrive, which I do separate from the local backup. I do it immediately after the local backup.

As for BBM chats, I will backup the current BlackBerry and do a selective restore of BBM to the BlackBerry I'm switching to.

When I'm ready, I shut down, take the SIM and Media card out and put both of them in the BlackBerry I'm switching to.
    Then I activate BBM, which restores my groups and contact list.
    I use SMS Backup to restore my Text messages, import the Acar data from the backup and am usually good to go.

I also use Our Groceries for Shopping lists and it syncs to their server, so I can open it on any device and have updated info.

I also use Evernote, which syncs to the cloud. My email, contacts, calendars, notes and task list syncs to my MDaemon server via ActiveSync. I don't use the built-in Evernote feature because I found that it had some limits in note size and wouldn't sync some new information I had typed.

I usually have to redo my Auto Text (Word Substitution) on each BlackBerry.

I also use KeePass and store the data file on the SDcard and back up to Onedrive, Box and Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 09:33 PM
    I currently have a PP, but I am getting a Blue classic as well.. is there a way to backup my PP and restore it to my Classic? so they are both setup the same!

Scott
    Use bb link software!

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-21-15 11:27 AM
    I don't know if this is a good example for the OP but here it goes... I am test driving the PP SE today, I also have the PP unlocked black... last night I backed up the device using link, connected the new one and restored... everything came over with no issues, everything, including apps, contacts, appointments, calendar etc... the only thing I needed to update manually were the accounts, the phone asks for the passwords and I needed to download everything again, which the phone did itself overnight (BTW, is there any way to bring this with a restore?)... tbh, link works great in that restore task... hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:48 AM
    sweet
    08-21-15 06:49 PM
    Periodically I will switch between my Q10, Classic, Z10 or Z30.

I use SMS Backup to transfer my Text messages to the other BlackBerry. I save the backup file and folder to my SDCard.

I use an app called Acar to track Auto expenses. It is an Android app and when I do a backup, it stores that backup file in the device memory. It also supports backup to Dropbox and Onedrive, which I do separate from the local backup. I do it immediately after the local backup.

As for BBM chats, I will backup the current BlackBerry and do a selective restore of BBM to the BlackBerry I'm switching to.

When I'm ready, I shut down, take the SIM and Media card out and put both of them in the BlackBerry I'm switching to.
    Then I activate BBM, which restores my groups and contact list.
    I use SMS Backup to restore my Text messages, import the Acar data from the backup and am usually good to go.

I also use Our Groceries for Shopping lists and it syncs to their server, so I can open it on any device and have updated info.

I also use Evernote, which syncs to the cloud. My email, contacts, calendars, notes and task list syncs to my MDaemon server via ActiveSync. I don't use the built-in Evernote feature because I found that it had some limits in note size and wouldn't sync some new information I had typed.

I usually have to redo my Auto Text (Word Substitution) on each BlackBerry.

I also use KeePass and store the data file on the SDcard and back up to Onedrive, Box and Dropbox.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that detail. When transiting through the airport yesterday morning, I impulsively bought a classic, finally surrendering to the fact my Passport is too unwieldy to use if not stationery. BUT I love this big square thing and am going to use the Classic as my main device and the Passport as the device I use when sitting down. Two Blackberries at the same time. Crazy.

Keeping the devices in perfect sync is what I'd love to do without moving Sims or SD cards.

-I've using OneSync Android app to keep my Onedrive ( full local copy) on both devices but it's not quick or works quietly in the background without draining my battery. For now it's a manual process.
    - Heavy evernote use, all cloud
    - BBM will stay on the classic so I don't have to worry about losing chats
    - Use Helium as my text editor saving files on Dropbox. Also use a few Android Markdown apps doing the same thing
    - Lastpass for passwords, all cloud

That leaves me with how to keep the small things in sync such as picture management. The pics I save from browsing, screenshots and photos from the passport or classic. I mentioned OneSync app above but that doesn't work as an efficient background service. Do you know of a way to keep the photos you take and images you save syncing between two devices? I haven't used any native dropbox style apps so not sure if everything can default save to a folder and sync between two blackberries.

Thanks for indulging my long post. I've obviously been thinking about this scenario for weeks and just cracked yesterday. Written this on the passport and attaching a pic from my local pictures library. Don't know how I could have done the same with the classic without doing a bluetooth picture transfer first.

Passport and Classic...-lappassport.jpg

 Black Passport via CB10
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 08-24-15 at 09:18 AM.
    08-22-15 07:03 PM
    I don't know how you would best sync SDCards.

BBM and Memory card contents are two things that I just assume are going to be different, along with text messages.

I use a BlackBerry Passport as my secondary phone and a Verizon BlackBerry as my primary. I have all my cloud storage accounts setup on both phones. On my VZW BlackBerry, I have Box set to automatically backup pics, on my Passport, I use Dropbox. OneDrive's file size limit on API uploads caused me problems with uploading Passport videos.

I just take some pictures with each phone, but mostly the Passport if I want to show people.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 04:06 AM
    Ta, thanks mate. Running two blackberries at once is offering some new problems to solve. I bought the sms backup app you mentioned and found it wasn't in the available downloads of my other blackberry (same ID).

Back in the airport and the Classic is a welcome change. Gonna take me a while to downsize my eyes

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 05:16 AM