I normally put my Passport to charge when the battery hits about 15%. Lately after being on the Blackberry charger for about an hour and a half, the charge only increases about 10%. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:55 AM
    Your charging by the wall charger, maybe its broken.
    03-01-15 10:57 AM
    Maybe the cable is loose or broken.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2243
    03-01-15 10:58 AM
    Yeah checked the cable and it's new out of the box. Tried different outlets and chargers with similar results. A few nights ago I did use a Motorola Quick Charger and the phone charged completely in less than an hour. Might I have damaged the battery?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:05 AM
    I doubt it but is possible, try a hard reset then charge with the factory cable that came with your device.
    03-01-15 11:12 AM
    Or it may just be the lithium battery.
    Try to let the battery run down to 3%-5% and let it charges fully overnight and see if there is any improvement with the subsequent recharges. I do this trick once in a while for all the phones and things running on lithium battery.
    Unless quick charging technology has improved already, quick charging would cause higher temperature which speeds up the deterioration of the (lithium) battery and reduces its usable life.
    03-02-15 12:13 AM
    Is the battery/phone hot while you are charging?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:57 AM
    Some things to remember when charging the Passport:

1. The battery is bigger than most other phones
    2. Using a higher amperage charger would in effect increase the charge rate (do the 2Amp iPhone chargers sound familiar?)
    3. If there is any play/wiggle with the wire connectors it would prevent a consistent charge

Try this: set the phone to airplane mode and charge it for 30 minutes. Try again with airplane mode off. Also, plug the phone in and then turn it off for 30 minutes. See how much of a speed improvement occurs.

Personally, I prefer slow charging to reduce the wear and tear of the battery. I will use a fast charger when on the road.

I have one of those dual USB chargers I bought from Five & Below ($5) with one port pushing 2A output. Walmart & Staples sell those as well.
    03-03-15 02:34 AM
    Only charge the passport with the original wall charger. If you don't you're asking for trouble.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    03-03-15 03:42 AM
    Only charge the passport with the original wall charger. If you don't you're asking for trouble.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    Pure BS right there.

I've used my playbook charger every day and have on every berry I've owned since the PB was introduced. No ill effect on any one of them. Hell I've even used the PB charger on my BT earpiece for a quick charge.

I have a generic 2amp charger I use on occasion when out an about, works perfectly fine on every device I own that takes a micro USB connection for charging. With your logic my devices would be fooked simply because I didn't use a charger with a BB logo on it?

Any and all micro USB chargers will work, it all depends on the amperage they push. Amps or amperage is what dictates the amount of time(and heat output, higher the amps the faster it charges and the more heat you generate) it takes to charge the batteries. Since every modern cell phone(or any other device using lithium type batteries) have a built in battery monitor that does not allow the battery to fall below 3volts per cell(effectively killing the battery), or allow them to overcharge causing an explosion(lithium is highly volatile when exposed to oxygen), any and all chargers work just fine.

Anyone that tells you differently is either misinformed or just plain lying.
    03-03-15 06:23 AM
    If your problem is with a chrger not made by BlackBerry, try a different charger. A lot of the generic chargers are made for Apple devices and do not signal the BlackBerry that it can draw more than 500ma from the charger/USB port. Blackberry requires a resistance across the data cables to signify it can draw more than 500ma from the charger.

In the case of your 10% charge, the phone was probably active and the 500ma would not be enough to charge the phone and run the CPU.

If you really need to use third party chargers, a charge only cable will force the BlackBerry to recognise the charger as a high current charger.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:35 AM
    Usb cable gauge/length plays a big role in delivering the required amperage. So I would use the cable and charger that came with the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:52 AM
    Pure BS right there.

I've used my playbook charger every day and have on every berry I've owned since the PB was introduced. No ill effect on any one of them. Hell I've even used the PB charger on my BT earpiece for a quick charge.

I have a generic 2amp charger I use on occasion when out an about, works perfectly fine on every device I own that takes a micro USB connection for charging. With your logic my devices would be fooked simply because I didn't use a charger with a BB logo on it?

Any and all micro USB chargers will work, it all depends on the amperage they push. Amps or amperage is what dictates the amount of time(and heat output, higher the amps the faster it charges and the more heat you generate) it takes to charge the batteries. Since every modern cell phone(or any other device using lithium type batteries) have a built in battery monitor that does not allow the battery to fall below 3volts per cell(effectively killing the battery), or allow them to overcharge causing an explosion(lithium is highly volatile when exposed to oxygen), any and all chargers work just fine.

Anyone that tells you differently is either misinformed or just plain lying.
    I've had the same experience with PB charger on phones. When mine finally quit I got a Samsung charger with the same amperage and have never had a problem with a battery. Super fast charging.

If my battery doesn't work right I'd just have it replaced. As in immediately.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:10 AM
    I use the PlayBook rapid charger for my Passport. I only use the charger that came with the Passport when I need to charge it overnight while I'm sleeping.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:55 AM
    I've had the same experience with PB charger on phones. When mine finally quit I got a Samsung charger with the same amperage and have never had a problem with a battery. Super fast charging.

If my battery doesn't work right I'd just have it replaced. As in immediately.

Posted via CB10
    Kind of hard on the Passport as its not removable. Not impossible, just improbable.

I use the PlayBook rapid charger for my Passport. I only use the charger that came with the Passport when I need to charge it overnight while I'm sleeping.

Posted via CB10
    I have 3 PB chargers, one at my chair to charge things if needed, one on my Kidigi stand I use at night when in bedside mode and charging while I sleep, and one as a spare I keep in my bookbag while I travel. I've never even taken the charger that came with the PP out of the box. lol
    03-03-15 09:01 AM

I have 3 PB chargers, one at my chair to charge things if needed, one on my Kidigi stand I use at night when in bedside mode and charging while I sleep, and one as a spare I keep in my bookbag while I travel. I've never even taken the charger that came with the PP out of the box. lol
    LoL so many chargers that's crazy. The PB charger is great as the cord is long and it charges phones really fast. I might grab a couple of those chargers when Amazon has them on sale.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:53 PM
    I saw this on a friend's passport. It takes 3 hours to charge the battery with the BlackBerry fast charger but the exact same charger on mine is like 30ish min. Couldn't figure out what the problem was. It was almost new. It even took that long when the phone was turned off. So yah

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:58 PM
    Try Battery Fiction smart Charge setting-used to take me a lot longer to charge my Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 03:03 PM
    Check if the USB cable is fully inserted into the charger head, I also had a simi

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 04:55 PM
    it takes a bit more time to charge it safely and to increase the battery life you can experiment it with smart charge and without smart charge
    05-02-16 02:33 AM
    I just started having trouble with my AT&T Passport last week after a year. Moderate usage with no changes. Now my battery takes longer to charge and doesn't last the day. Also it is hot. I use only BlackBerry wall chargers and usually the one it came with but not always. I keep two chargers at home and one at work and use them intermittently and have done so since I got the Passport. I have used a fast charger a few times but not recently. I don't plug in my Passport until the battery is below 10 % usually. So I am puzzled with what's going on. It's so bad that I can have 75 % at bedtime and wake up to a totally dead phone or under 10% even though I always put it on bedside mode at night.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 12:06 PM
    Just FYI, amperes or amps for short is the measure of the current. Amps are the measure of how many coulombs or packets of electrons that pass a certain point or area between two points.

Electrons are the thingies that have potential to give your electronic devices the energy to perform tasks.

Aka more amps per second = more electrons or faster charge your battery (capacitor) will receive.

Higher amps are not going to destroy your modern electronic device. These products we use go through rigorous testing prior to mass manufacturing to prevent even the children from hurting themselves ..for the most part. Don't get me wrong, not everything is perfect.

Don't listen to what unintelligent asshooes just spurt out because they are told something is unsafe verbatim. ****, if we followed that rule everywhere, radar speed detectors wouldn't need to exist.

Shheeeeet.. who said they didn't learn anything in high school science lol

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 04:02 PM
    Not related but I would like to share that when I charge my PP SE, the origin charger is heat abnormally.
    Last edited by cuongtm; 05-03-16 at 07:34 PM.
    05-03-16 06:21 PM
    Just FYI, amperes or amps for short is the measure of the current. Amps are the measure of how many coulombs or packets of electrons that pass a certain point or area between two points.

Electrons are the thingies that have potential to give your electronic devices the energy to perform tasks.

Aka more amps per second = more electrons or faster charge your battery (capacitor) will receive.

Higher amps are not going to destroy your modern electronic device. These products we use go through rigorous testing prior to mass manufacturing to prevent even the children from hurting themselves ..for the most part. Don't get me wrong, not everything is perfect.

Don't listen to what unintelligent asshooes just spurt out because they are told something is unsafe verbatim. ****, if we followed that rule everywhere, radar speed detectors wouldn't need to exist.

Shheeeeet.. who said they didn't learn anything in high school science lol

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you, higher amp charger does not harm your device. I usually utilize 2.0 or even fast charger (QC 2.0) for my PP SE charging.
    05-03-16 06:53 PM