Does anyone own this particular power bank, and was able to charge their BlackBerry Passport quite fast? It has two ports, a 1A and 2.1A. When connecting my passport, I usually use the 2.1A with the phone off, but it still only charges about 30% in many hours. Does anyone know a tip to make it go faster OR is there a powerbank that you currently use that works excellent with your passport?! Lemme know pls

Here's the powerbank that I use, for reference sake

Passport charging really slow with Justin 10,000mAh Power bank...-img_20151029_091358.png

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:24 AM
    Same here with anker

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 09:06 AM
    i use a wireless powerbank, seems to work well, it charges at 1a wirelessly or so, i dont know how to measure it, about 1% per minute or so. the cable option promises to be faster by company but i havent used it yet.

it was $30 for the power bank i think, but i use it as wireless charger, plugged in most of time. so price was okay to me, $15 for a charger and $15 for a powerbank? or just combine the two for $30 which was why i decided on it. i can get brand when i get back later if someone is interested.
    10-29-15 03:46 PM
    i use a wireless powerbank, seems to work well, it charges at 1a wirelessly or so, i dont know how to measure it, about 1% per minute or so. the cable option promises to be faster by company but i havent used it yet.

it was $30 for the power bank i think, but i use it as wireless charger, plugged in most of time. so price was okay to me, $15 for a charger and $15 for a powerbank? or just combine the two for $30 which was why i decided on it. i can get brand when i get back later if someone is interested.
    Thanks for the info, do you mind posting the make and/or model for this wireless charger? I'd like to read up on it further if possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 04:02 PM
    I use one from Voltaic because I have their Array solar backpack. Works great, super fast charging from the battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 07:19 PM
    Thanks for the info, do you mind posting the make and/or model for this wireless charger? I'd like to read up on it further if possible.

Posted via CB10
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...UvbUpU12028707
    10-29-15 07:56 PM
    Most of the charging devices made for iPhones/iPads do not have the USB port setup to communicate that it is capable of providing more than 500ma. Apple devices do not look for the signal in the data lines of the USB port that signify it is a fast charger capable of more than 500ma.

With some of these power banks, one of the ports will work with a BlackBerry for fast charging, as some of the Android tablets needed the USB port set like a BlackBerry. If you are using a BlackBerry brand charge cable and neither port works to charge quickly, you may need to use a charge only cable, which will force the BlackBerry to try to draw more than 500ma from the charger. Charge only cables are available online. You can also make one by slitting open a USB cable, cut the two smaller wires which are the data lines and short (strip and twist together) the two going toward the phone, so the phone sees them connected.

Edit:

A quick Google brought up a site with directions for making a charge only cable.

http://blog.seani.am/2011/08/charge-...icrousb-cable/
    10-30-15 08:43 PM
    Check your cable, sometimes poor cables with insufficient gauge will impact speed of the charge... many people articles on the Internet on that....

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:00 AM
    Use Anker. Ebay it, second to none.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 12:41 AM
    Thanks for the link, does your/all passport have the capacity to charge wirelessly. I never did it with my many BlackBerry phones since most needed a powerbank to make it work...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:52 PM
    I have the ATT model...

you can get an adapter for wireless charging for $10 or so
    11-04-15 08:25 PM
    I use Anker including the cables that come with it and it gets very hot...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 09:23 PM