I'm due an upgrade within the next few weeks and I'm definitely getting the Passport.

However, with that massive battery, the question that comes to my mind is how long does it take to charge?

With my Z30 and the PlayBook charger, it takes about 2 hours. Sometimes when I'm in a rush, I charge it for an hour and it will last me for the day.

Is anyone else using the PlayBook charger with the Passport? And can you let me know how long it usually takes to charge please?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:12 PM
    I'm due an upgrade within the next few weeks and I'm definitely getting the Passport.

However, with that massive battery, the question that comes to my mind is how long does it take to charge?

With my Z30 and the PlayBook charger, it takes about 2 hours. Sometimes when I'm in a rush, I charge it for an hour and it will last me for the day.

Is anyone else using the PlayBook charger with the Passport? And can you let me know how long it usually takes to charge please?

Posted via CB10
    I'd estimate about the same charging time as the Z30 - which we both have.

honestly I think you'll need to get a second Z30/Passport charger since those will charge within that timeframe, where the older regular small-block charger that the BBOS devices, Q10/Z10/Z3 have take a LOT LONGER to charge the Z30 if you haven't already noticed. The worse is when Z30 on 10.3.1 leaked tries to charge below power save mode it jumps in and out of powersave never increasing the stored charge (BT, WIFI being off, only LTE). Frustrating.
    12-02-14 12:18 PM
    I feel like it takes a little longer than my vzw z30 wireless charging. BUT the battery is a beast. Lots of email and browsing throughout the day - pulled off charger at 6am yesterday. At 11pm I still had 55%.
    12-02-14 12:20 PM
    The Playbook charger puts out 1.8 amps (1800 milliamps), and should be fine on the Passport, just charges a bit faster due to current output.
    As to how long, depends on how low the battery charge has dropped, which charger you use.......
    12-02-14 12:21 PM
    I'd estimate about the same charging time as the Z30 - which we both have.

honestly I think you'll need to get a second Z30/Passport charger since those will charge within that timeframe, where the older regular small-block charger that the BBOS devices, Q10/Z10/Z3 have take a LOT LONGER to charge the Z30 if you haven't already noticed. The worse is when Z30 on 10.3.1 leaked tries to charge below power save mode it jumps in and out of powersave never increasing the stored charge (BT, WIFI being off, only LTE). Frustrating.
    Yeah, I don't use the charger that came with my Z30. I only use the PlayBook one because it's a lot more powerful and quicker to charge. However, for my Q5, I use the standard charger that came with it as I rarely ever need to charge that during the day.

Looks like I will be buying another PlayBook charger to go with my Passport then; as I will be putting the Q5 aside as a spare phone. Then I will be using both the Passport and Z30

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 02:02 PM
    My passport takes 2 hours 15mins charge from 15% to 100%.

Posted via CB10
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    12-02-14 05:30 PM
    My passport takes 2 hours 15mins charge from 15% to 100%.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your answer! Is that using the standard charger that comes with it or are you using the (more powerful, I'm assuming?) PlayBook charger? Or perhaps something else?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:11 PM
    I don't know why BB didn't implement Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 since the 801 SOC supports it. Perhaps it was the long development time of the Passport and the 801 was added late in the process. Here's hoping 10.3.2 will have the update and BB will sell a charger along with it.
    12-02-14 07:05 PM
    I don't know why BB didn't implement Qualcomm QuickCharge 2.0 since the 801 SOC supports it. Perhaps it was the long development time of the Passport and the 801 was added late in the process. Here's hoping 10.3.2 will have the update and BB will sell a charger along with it.
    hopefully the 10.3.1 will enable the QuickCharge for the Passport. I use the standard charger and it takes 2.5 hours to bring it to 100% from 30%, using the PB high amperage charger takes it in less than 2 hours, slightly longer than the time it takes to juice up my Z30 but it's still bearable. the battery is a beast
    beemaabeemababy likes this.
    12-02-14 08:03 PM