Hello, I have been a huge fan of my passport for the last 6 months since Ive had the device and have never had any issues. However, very recently I saw a great offer for a new provider and swapped providers from TPG - Kogan mobile in Australia. I have changed providers and have been unable to get data working despite entering the correct APN & having the correct settings available. Mobile data worked flawlessly on my old provider. Can anyone please help? If the data doesnt work Ill have to buy a ....xiaomi or something.

(I have mobile network / data on, roaming on, correct APN, Network selection mode as auto, full reception, performed a full phone reset. The technicians are not sure why it is not working
    01-26-17 10:07 AM
    Hello, I have been a huge fan of my passport for the last 6 months since Ive had the device and have never had any issues. However, very recently I saw a great offer for a new provider and swapped providers from TPG - Kogan mobile in Australia. I have changed providers and have been unable to get data working despite entering the correct APN & having the correct settings available. Mobile data worked flawlessly on my old provider. Can anyone please help? If the data doesnt work Ill have to buy a ....xiaomi or something.
    Check you specific BlackBerry Passport model number against this list:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-961279/
    To see what Bands/Frequencies your Passport hardware works on.
    Then check your new cell provider to see what bands/frequencies they operate on.
    You need to have matches in-order for your device to work fully on their network.

EDIT: To add, there isn't CDMA radio hardware in any Passport, they are GSM only, so if the new cell provider operates on the CDMA system, you won't have data or barely at all.
    01-26-17 10:13 AM
    there isn't CDMA radio hardware in any Passport
    They wouldn't even be able to connect up to a CDMA network, at all, plus im pretty sure no Australian network uses CDMA.
    01-26-17 01:19 PM
    Thanks for replying, as per Kogans website the data bandwidth they use are;

Kogan Mobile uses the following frequencies:

4G/LTE– lets you make voice calls, SMS, MMS and access the internet

We operate our 4G network on two frequencies:

1800MHz
    850MHz
    3G/UMTS – lets you make voice calls, SMS, MMS and access the internet

2100MHz – This is found mostly in urban/metro areas
    850MHz – this is capable of penetrating deeper indoors than 2100MHz and is also used mostly in urban areas
    900MHz – this is used predominantly in rural areas

Which are all supported by the handset. I pick up 4g reception, and in the mobile data settings it even says 4g Voice & Data.
    Would you have any other ideas what could be going on?

Thanks
    01-26-17 02:51 PM
    if you're certain the apn info is correct, i cant imagine what would be going wrong on the phone that would prevent the connection.

I assume you've tried deleting the apn settings and starting over. i realize how trivial this sounds. (actually i guess you did this if you did a full phone reset)
    01-26-17 02:59 PM
    Settings/Security and Privacy/SIM Card...
    Under the Phone Network Lock, what is the status of:
    • Network
    • Network Subset
    • Service Provider

NOTE: Please do not post a screen shot of this Setting's section, as it can contain personnel/private information.
    01-26-17 03:01 PM
    Hi,
    All 3 have Unlocked
    01-26-17 04:23 PM
    Cell phone calling works?
    Just not Network Data, correct?
    01-26-17 07:12 PM
    That is correct. Calling is fine, no reception issues - just anything to do with data will not work.
    01-26-17 10:00 PM
    The device now works for some reason. The only difference I can see is that the BB logo is present on the top right. Thanks for all who helped.
    DaFoxGrey and elfuzz like this.
    01-27-17 04:27 AM
    For future reference, some carriers can take up to 3 days to transfer, then another 24 hrs to activate data once the transfer is done.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-27-17 11:40 AM
    Yeah, this screams carrier issue. Im glad you got it worked out
    01-27-17 11:44 AM
    For future reference, some carriers can take up to 3 days to transfer, then another 24 hrs to activate data once the transfer is done.

Posted via CB10
    I was about to say possible old SIM card they sold.

When I first got my passport, I just took the old SIM card I had for 2 years placed it into my passport and had all the same issues.

Did some research and found out between carrier and phone providers that new phones required a newer SIM.

Got a new SIM card from my provider and wala it was working.
    01-28-17 12:15 AM