Anyone here agrees with this fella?

andy957 and calirevolt like this.
    11-29-14 01:48 PM
    Misleading title. I think he clearly said HE uses hangouts a lot and since none of HIS contacts use BBM, it's pointless for HIM!

Edit : The title is fine now after the change.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bad mojo92; 11-29-14 at 11:11 PM.
    andy957 and hpjrt like this.
    11-29-14 02:03 PM
    I don't use Hangouts. No trouble for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 02:09 PM
    Hangouts? Yeah, I'm good... 80+ million people use BBM. That's not really nobody
    11-29-14 02:13 PM
    Btw, Samsung and iPhone with about the same battery capacity takes the same amount of time to charge in the 2 to 3.5 hours range. This bias guy didn't do his homework and easily pass judgement on the Passport.
    11-29-14 02:14 PM
    Hangouts? Yeah, I'm good... 80+ million people use BBM. That's not really nobody
    Only problem is, no one I know is using BBM anymore. But I wish they would

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 02:15 PM
    What was frustrating is the way in which he pronounces "frustrating".

In all seriousness, it was a fair review.
    Last edited by andy957; 11-29-14 at 02:36 PM.
    mister2d likes this.
    11-29-14 02:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well you could always invite them to use it. They may not know that BBM is cross platform now.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-29-14 02:17 PM
    The title of this thread is very misleading, the reviewer clearly indicates that it is a personal opinion and why he will not continue to use the device after the trial is over.

He clearly believes that the Passport is a good phone but just not for him. I respect that as he is one of very few to take the time and do a really in depth and bias free review by using the device for 30 days.

His next installment focuses on why it will be hard to give it up:

EDIT---Seems some renovations have been made to the thread title...I only say this so as to offer context to my post, It now is an appropriate thread title.
    Last edited by stealthbob; 11-29-14 at 06:30 PM.
    11-29-14 02:32 PM
    Yes im waiting this final thoughts about BlackBerry passport before I buy one.

Q10
    11-29-14 02:56 PM
    I'm a big hangouts user. Since switching back to BlackBerry in Oct. I've resorted to using hangouts when I'm at my desktop or when I have my tablet with me. I end up missing a lot of conversations from my hangout groups but so far it hasn't bothered me much yet.

I have 6 contacts on bbm whom I got to reluctantly use. I'm hoping they turn the corner and start to see the benefits of it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 03:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Invite them. Show them what's good
    11-29-14 03:06 PM

Well, give the "cool" hipster his Google Android smartphone/slab or Iphone. Can't imagine that this "cool" hipster with his funky and funny t-shirt will use a Blackberry passport for serious business.

And for the instagram issue, where he will post his party and food pics and funky filter: Get an Iphone/Android.

Before I buy such a device, I would make my research first. BB devices aren't made for cool hipsters. It is a communication tool, a work-horse. I suggest, an Iphone or Googe smartphone would fit him better.

Case closed.
    thedose and thymaster like this.
    11-29-14 03:16 PM
    Actually, if you listen to his full series on the passport he is pretty positive on it and has given a fairly balanced review.
    11-29-14 03:25 PM
    I'm a big hangouts user. Since switching back to BlackBerry in Oct. I've resorted to using hangouts when I'm at my desktop or when I have my tablet with me. I end up missing a lot of conversations from my hangout groups but so far it hasn't bothered me much yet.

I have 6 contacts on bbm whom I got to reluctantly use. I'm hoping they turn the corner and start to see the benefits of it.

Posted via CB10
    Not pushing buttons or anything. What benefits would you tell your friends bbm has over txt msgs? I mean all my pals are iPhone or Android. Nothing I can think of that could say or show would get them to switch.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 03:27 PM
    Don't wait for them, you be the one to start a trend. Work Wide my son!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-29-14 03:53 PM
    The only finals thoughts will be yours...once it is in your hand and you use it.

Yes im waiting this final thoughts about BlackBerry passport before I buy one.

Q10
    11-29-14 03:54 PM
    damn it...this OP has learned well from the Verge et al.., Headlines do make a story...plenty clicks
    11-29-14 04:10 PM
    Watch his Day 25 Video. Good luck to him going back to an Android or iOS device after admitting how much he likes the BB10 OS gestures and Hub. He will REALLY miss it after a day or two.

I had to use one just for a few minutes to set up a non-techie friends new Galaxy to sync contacts, setup a couple email accounts, and re-download purchased apps and I wanted to throw it against a wall after a million useless swipes. The OS feels archaic and inefficient after flying around BB10 for the last 2 years or so.
    vvvhhh8 and SlcCorrado like this.
    11-29-14 04:40 PM
    I have seen some of the other videos of this YouTube channel - overall quality and comments are good.

As for the PP vids, I think this chap made honest and fair comments about the unit. It happens that a particular phone & apps available do not meet with your needs and requirements. Google is the best flavor at this time for him...and that is good thing.

Please remember that these reviews on YouTube make $$$ for the reviewers and their channels - I take it all with a grain of salt. The more the controversy = more cliks = more $$$.

BB users still are WAITING for the major apps and Instagram is one of them. If I was the iGrann dev - I would start working on those fixes.

Cheers
    11-29-14 07:12 PM
    I have seen some of the other videos of this YouTube channel - overall quality and comments are good.

As for the PP vids, I think this chap made honest and fair comments about the unit. It happens that a particular phone & apps available do not meet with your needs and requirements. Google is the best flavor at this time for him...and that is good thing.

Please remember that these reviews on YouTube make $$$ for the reviewers and their channels - I take it all with a grain of salt. The more the controversy = more cliks = more $$$.

BB users still are WAITING for the major apps and Instagram is one of them. If I was the iGrann dev - I would start working on those fixes.

Cheers
    I just now read about iGrann getting updated in Beta Zone to optimize for the Passport and specifically to improve the quality of images.
    11-29-14 08:19 PM
    That's a very fair review. He isn't bashing the device, only stating things that are a pain point for him - unavailability of some apps. Other than the apps, I think everyone using a Passport goes through that time where they find it hard to swipe the prediction off the top row correctly. The fourth frustration he stated - Passport taking too long to charge, I am of the same opinion.

He's done a fair review, and that reflects in his day 25 video. He says he no longer misses his iPhone but misses Android only for Hangouts, and then goes on about things he'll miss about BlackBerry, and how find BB10 better than the other OSs in several aspects.

I wouldn't surprised if after he sends his unit back, and goes back to his Android or iOS, he would return to BB10, or atleast carry it as his second device as a messaging tool.

Day 25:

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ankit RS; 11-29-14 at 10:01 PM.
    Superfly_FR and ponpiri like this.
    11-29-14 09:41 PM
    Not pushing buttons or anything. What benefits would you tell your friends bbm has over txt msgs? I mean all my pals are iPhone or Android. Nothing I can think of that could say or show would get them to switch.

Posted via CB10
    It's so much more than "txt msgs" as you put it. You get delivered and read receipts. Attach anything. Glympse. Groups. Group chats with attachments (just invite more participants to any chat, you don't need to start a group) shared calendars, Channels (which I really hope they start developing again because it's very cool). What else? Retraction and timed messages. Stickers (yes, they're fun). Plus, it's reliable and very fast, unlike iMessage. I've had that POS drop a lot of messages, including some important ones, without letting me know that anything was wrong. Seems like once it disappears into Apple's bowels, whether or not it comes out the other side is none of your business.

BBM is just way better.
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-29-14 10:32 PM
    Hasn't anyone heard of BBM meetings and zoom.us. Try it. It's awesome!

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    11-29-14 10:38 PM
    His series is very fair, I'm finding plus he's cute with a nice accent. He's kind of convincing me to lean towards the Passport vs the Classic. I'm going to go to the tech store later on today to see how it feels in my hands. I have a small frame, but I carry my Nook around in my purse, so I'm sure carrying a Passport-sized phone won't be a big deal.
    11-30-14 09:10 AM
45 12