How does one use the passport flip case?? Actually is the case convenient to use thanx

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 08:23 PM
    Not sure what you mean by use it. You put your phone in it and..uhh.. use it.
    01-02-15 09:01 PM
    I believe OP is referring to ease of use of the phone with the case on.

To answer that question, it is very easy to use with the case on. The only time you have to put the cover behind the phone is when you want to type with two hands. Otherwise, everything else for phone use is easily done with the cover open.

HTH

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:05 PM
    The only time you have to put the cover behind the phone is when you want to type with two hands. Otherwise, everything else for phone use is easily done with the cover open. ....with one finger...on a physical keyboard.
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with that?
    Bonnie Bonzai and Qurve like this.
    01-02-15 10:07 PM
    Using my passport with a stilgut flip case. Wrap it back for two handed typing.

SQW100-1 I Rogers I 10.3.1.xxx
    01-02-15 11:06 PM
    I guess the correct question would be, how much more difficult is typing with so much material folded back behind the phone.

Using the phone caseless, things are so balanced as it should be.

With a case on, will the added weight make typing more difficult?

I know even with the OEM snap on hard case, I find it adds just enough weight to make supporting the phone on long messages difficult.

Using the phone 'naked' still gives one the best user input

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 02:40 AM
    I use the BB OEM hard case during the day,mainly to protect the phone,its back and in case i would drop it,at home no need for that. Not much difference in the size and typing is comfy too... i would advice to take it off every day and clean it,cos dust etc gets under the case too and faint marks are left behind after a while... experienced it with n900 once,the back of the fone got really ugly...

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-03-15 04:10 AM
    I'm using the Seidio Combo. Very nice and protective. If you don't want bulk just use without the clipbelt. I have also the blackberry OEM. Nice but not so protective.
    Passport case-img_20150102_200307.jpg
    Passport case-img_20150102_200202.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:15 AM
    Awesome thanx guys

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:57 AM
    I have had the OEM case since it became available. I love it. It does not feel unbalanced while I type with the cover folded back. In fact I believe it gives me better control as compared to typing on the Passport without a case. And it is no more difficult using the phone one handed with the case on than it is using the phone without a case. The only issue I have had is that the lid did not close all the way despite a long period trying to break in the leather. When it doesn't close flat the sleep function does not automatically kick in. I solved this after reading another post about installing a Spigen clip. It is a little magnet that I have had for almost two months now. Cover now closes securely and stays closed with it. Plus it dresses up the case even more. I highly recommend the OEM case with this addition.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 07:38 AM
    ...and with OEM hard case comes a screen protector too :-)

Aquila non captat muscas
    01-03-15 07:43 AM
    I have had the OEM case since it became available. I love it. It does not feel unbalanced while I type with the cover folded back. In fact I believe it gives me better control as compared to typing on the Passport without a case. And it is no more difficult using the phone one handed with the case on than it is using the phone without a case. The only issue I have had is that the lid did not close all the way despite a long period trying to break in the leather. When it doesn't close flat the sleep function does not automatically kick in. I solved this after reading another post about installing a Spigen clip. It is a little magnet that I have had for almost two months now. Cover now closes securely and stays closed with it. Plus it dresses up the case even more. I highly recommend the OEM case with this addition.

Posted via CB10
    You must have bigger hands to be able to type with the flap folded behind it. I find it to be cumbersome to type but then again my hands aren't massive.
    01-03-15 09:53 AM
    The flip case is elegant looking and serves a purpose.
    Right now for me, I don't have that need at the moment.
    The OEM hard case will do.
    01-03-15 11:05 AM
    Just got the OEM flip case today, I'm not liking it! Can't get the front cover to stay down, and the 'grip back' isn't gripping too great. It keeps lifting up on the side with the cover fold. Does this improve with time/use? Sorry to hijack! Typing wise though, it's not too different, if a little less secure whilst text/walking.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:57 PM
    I have a stilgut case. I loved it at first, but when the front cover goes around the back, the magnet shuts my screen off. I have to type with my fingers between the flap and the back.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 06:56 PM
    I have a stilgut case. I loved it at first, but when the front cover goes around the back, the magnet shuts my screen off. I have to type with my fingers between the flap and the back.

Posted via CB10
    It also just difficult to type with it folded back imo...not as awkward as the OEM though.
    01-03-15 08:27 PM
    I'm using the Seidio Combo. Very nice and protective. If you don't want bulk just use without the clipbelt. I have also the blackberry OEM. Nice but not so protective.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150102_200307.jpg 
Views:	2262 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	325009
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150102_200202.jpg 
Views:	2255 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	325010

Was it the passport you used to take these pics?

Posted via CB10
    PauloPImenta likes this.
    01-03-15 08:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just got the same stilgut case. I don't have that issue though but I do have a skin applied to the phone before slipping it into the case. Maybe try putting a piece of paper folded over once or twice as a spacer? Or maybe a piece of foil as shielding?

Back to the stilgut, it's nice quality, light, slim, and closes flat but it's a little slippery. I'm in the process of conditioning it to see if it'll gain some grip. If not maybe some sandpaper to scuff it up and then another treatment to see if I can get some texture for it. Grip is the main reason I put the skin on in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 11:52 PM
    Yes it was taken with PP camera. Why are you asking?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:38 AM
    I'm using the StilGut case until my Vaja agenda case arrives (ordered on Dec 22). I've had no problem when folding the cover back & the magnet causing the device to sleep. The StiGut case is fairly priced and provides decent protection. I sent the OEM case back without using it.
    01-04-15 07:31 AM
    Yes it was taken with PP camera. Why are you asking?

Posted via CB10
    Was just curious, They look like they were taking with a PP! lol
    01-04-15 09:38 AM
    Anyone have any XP with Nillkin hard cases from Hong Kong. Look pretty solid and selling for 7.99 on ebay. Really struggling choosing a case. Don't want a flip case as it would block the camera.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:09 PM
    I just got the same stilgut case. I don't have that issue though but I do have a skin applied to the phone before slipping it into the case. Maybe try putting a piece of paper folded over once or twice as a spacer? Or maybe a piece of foil as shielding?

Back to the stilgut, it's nice quality, light, slim, and closes flat but it's a little slippery. I'm in the process of conditioning it to see if it'll gain some grip. If not maybe some sandpaper to scuff it up and then another treatment to see if I can get some texture for it. Grip is the main reason I put the skin on in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    You are a genius!!! I folded a receipt and put that between the phone and case....problem solved!!!! Thanks a zillion.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 03:12 PM
    Was just curious, They look like they were taking with a PP! lol
    Lol. Hope camera software will be updated asap because it's really fair as it is.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I also have the stilgut case and this absolutely never happens.

SQW100-1 I Rogers I 10.3.1.xxx
    VITOS72 likes this.
    01-04-15 06:21 PM
40 12