If you want a good picture buy a real camera. It will cure all the problems. It's a phone not a camera.
    That's a great excuse...we all know it's a phone and not a camera. However, when you buy a phone that's considered a flagship you expect it to be on par with other flagship phones.

While we can sit here all day and say we have security, they have media and apps blah blah....but to me that's a circular argument. So if people continue to come up with mediocre excuses for a mediocre camera, no progress will ever be made.

Right now we all think the camera sucks. I'd rather anticipate a better software version or try to get the message to BlackBerry (because they do read these forums) than just settling for "it's a phone, not a camera"...no more excuses..

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 06:11 AM
    That's a great excuse...we all know it's a phone and not a camera. However, when you buy a phone that's considered a flagship you expect it to be on par with other flagship phones.

While we can sit here all day and say we have security, they have media and apps blah blah....but to me that's a circular argument. So if people continue to come up with mediocre excuses for a mediocre camera, no progress will ever be made.

Right now we all think the camera sucks. I'd rather anticipate a better software version or try to get the message to BlackBerry (because they do read these forums) than just settling for "it's a phone, not a camera"...no more excuses..

Posted via CB10
    Well said!
    GLTruesdale likes this.
    02-02-15 06:15 AM
    Passport camera is ugh....-img_20150127_120913.jpg
    [ATTACH]331302[./ATTACH]Found out this, when I take a shot of a website from my desktop ,Lines from the exposure to the light disappear when I zoom in. This is great

Passport guys Rock!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Passport camera is ugh....-img_20150202_075135.jpg  
    edwinsberry likes this.
    02-02-15 07:09 AM
    Passport camera is ugh....-img_20150124_164139_hdr.jpg
    Passport camera is ugh....-img_20150109_064332.jpg

I think I have to disagree on this one, do u wipe your lens and make sure it's clean? Also I will agree with slow focus but my pics are really great

Posted via CB10
    Z_Tasreen likes this.
    02-02-15 07:27 AM
    Yes, Passport camera is truly a piece of shix! I took 500 poses of my 2 kids ( 2 and 5 yrs) and I am lucky if I can get 20 good out of it, please don't tell me this or that! All of them are action setting mode, 99 of them turned out unacceptable blurry or underexpose, this camera is the worse of all BB10 period, my Z10 and Z30 are much better. My wife using a year old note 3, I bought her the Passport and I glad she didn't even turn it on or I would be so embarrassed. If the future updates not fix the camera issue, passport wouldn't be my last one from BlackBerry. I can't believe BlackBerry in this position and still not fix this camera mess, please don't tell me professionals don't use camera for taking photos of their kids or some average action shot.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 07:40 AM
    In my opinion my classic does better shots than my passport
    so disappointed from passports camera

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 07:50 AM
    This is what you can expect from a moving target. Still pics are fine but anything breathing will result in a blur.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport camera is ugh....-img_20150128_102710.jpg  
    02-02-15 07:56 AM
    I think for BlackBerry users the Passport is pretty good.

For anyone that has been exposed to other devices, the Passport tends to show its weakness in the Camera - hardware and software. I've been hearing the "future update will fix it" excuse for almost two years now. For BlackBerry the camera is a minor feature that gets very little attention.
    For Apple the camera IS likely more important than any other feature on the phone - and I know many that take more pictures and post them than they ever use the phone to make calls. Because my wife's iPhone 6 takes GREAT pictures in most all conditions without taking a lot of time to get the shot just right or find the best lighting or a way to steady the phone.

If you need a QWERTY keyboard and software that is design to communicate in the good old fashion way.. then the Passport is a good choice for some.
    02-02-15 08:00 AM
    I think for BlackBerry users the Passport is pretty good.

For anyone that has been exposed to other devices, the Passport tends to show its weakness in the Camera - hardware and software. I've been hearing the "future update will fix it" excuse for almost two years now. For BlackBerry the camera is a minor feature that gets very little attention.
    For Apple the camera IS likely more important than any other feature on the phone - and I know many that take more pictures and post them than they ever use the phone to make calls. Because my wife's iPhone 6 takes GREAT pictures in most all conditions without taking a lot of time to get the shot just right or find the best lighting or a way to steady the phone.

If you need a QWERTY keyboard and software that is design to communicate in the good old fashion way.. then the Passport is a good choice for some.
    I am a BlackBerry user. Never veered off the path. And from my experience BlackBerry has never recovered from their auto focus to extended depth of field switch. Until then, the camera was on par with the competition. My old Curve takes better pics than any BlackBerry phone manufactured in the last four years.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 08:26 AM
    I wish my Passport got good quality like the one on the commercial.

A camera seems to be an important aspect of that guys job....with the camera I have, I could never do that with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 09:21 AM
    The software needs to be a lot better. The camera is fine. Apple has that down pack.
    02-02-15 09:25 AM
    I could not agree more. From day 1 last October, that is the one feature I have disliked the most about the passport: the camera takes forever to focus and take a shot. I have wasted many opportunities to take pictures with it. Hope the software update fixes it.
    02-02-15 09:26 AM
    If you want a good picture buy a real camera. It will cure all the problems. It's a phone not a camera.
    I think it's both, actually.
    02-02-15 09:56 AM
    I think it's both, actually.
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-02-15 10:13 AM
    The Passport can produce some really decent shots, especially in low light situations (compared to other phone-cameras). The problem, as many have pointed out before me, is that it's going to take some tries to get the focus right. And when it comes to moving objects - forget about it!

Here is a good example. My wife met a Mexican celebrity in San Crist�bal de las Casas, and of course she wanted a picture with him. He was nice and agreed to pose for the picture, but he was also in a hurry. So, to my wife's dismay, this was the result using the Passport's camera:
    Passport camera is ugh....-img_20150117_193851.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:04 AM
    The Passport can produce some really decent shots, especially in low light situations (compared to other phone-cameras). The problem, as many have pointed out before me, is that it's going to take some tries to get the focus right. And when it comes to moving objects - forget about it!

Here is a good example. My wife met a Mexican celebrity in San Crist�bal de las Casas, and of course she wanted a picture with him. He was nice and agreed to pose for the picture, but he was also in a hurry. So, to my wife's dismay, this was the result using the Passport's camera:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150117_193851.jpg 
Views:	1340 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	331347

Posted via CB10
    Looks good to me! Everything that needs to be clear is crystal clear!

Your wife looks great.

The other guy in the photo looks really good as is. Any more clear and the focus would be taken away from your wife.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:10 AM
    Thanks, but if you examine the picture a bit more you'll see that even my wife's face looks blurry because the celebrity moved. Other things in the background look clear though. And she was a bit sad as she wanted to brag about meeting him (apparently he is a rather big movie star in Mexico), but from the picture it is really hard to tell that it was actually him...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:14 AM
    Looks good to me! Everything that needs to be clear is crystal clear!

Your wife looks great.

The other guy in the photo looks really good as is. Any more clear and the focus would be taken away from your wife.

Posted via CB10
    Trying to minimize legitimate complaints/concerns from BlackBerry enthusiasts with lame humor is pretty lame.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 11:18 AM
    The camera on the Passport is actually great.. with the right OS.. problem is they keep screwing up the OS and the optimization varies a TON. It becomes painfully obvious to anyone who changes OS' often. You can see the changes each time.. better to worse... worse to better. It's like they can't find just one setting and leave it at that.
    Spawn12 and andre3030 like this.
    02-02-15 11:37 AM

Thanks for posting your experience and the photo because, apparently, not having a real camera with you at all times, not taking the time to compose your shots, not making a complete stranger hold still while you adjust your settings, is user error. Also, apparently smartphone photos aren't ever important.

It's really too bad. If I had met a big movie star and he had been nice enough to smile for a photo, I'd want as good a picture as I could get.
    Vintage123 and Barbareren like this.
    02-02-15 11:44 AM
    I love how people post a bunch of pictures in an effort to prove the camera is good or something, despite a thread of complaints. Here's one too... only thing is the subject refuses to stay perfectly still. It's the best picture out of three. Yes, I had to take three pictures to get one decent one and the dogs head is still a little blurry.

Passport camera is ugh....-img_20141227_222648.jpg
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-02-15 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    I know your wife wouldn't be happy with that picture, I really wouldn't be either, but it looks kind of pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    02-02-15 12:25 PM
    I love how people post a bunch of pictures in an effort to prove the camera is good or something, despite a thread of complaints. Here's one too... only thing is the subject refuses to stay perfectly still. It's the best picture out of three. Yes, I had to take three pictures to get one decent one and the dogs head is still a little blurry.

Name:	IMG_20141227_222648.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	331350
    There's a REAL dog in that pile of toys?! Wonder which it is lol

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 12:28 PM
    why is the picture not square? did you take the picture while taking video?
    02-02-15 12:32 PM
    I laugh at the people replying with photos claiming it's not bad and trying to defend the AWFUL camera.

All their photos are grainy and out of focus. ALL SHOCKINGLY BAD.
    early2bed and buwee like this.
    02-02-15 12:34 PM
183 ... 23456 ...