So I was getting frustrated with my Passport camera but then I started playing with the settings. I only really use my camera for work so sorry if that isn't you. But I found that if I turn off a lot of the enhanced features it works much better. To the point I'm not complaining about the phone. See my settings attached. Hope this helps someone.
    Passport Camera Issues Resolved-img_20150109_215122.png

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    01-09-15 11:53 PM
    Blackberry needs to fix this issue. It is so embarrassing to try to take pictures with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:28 AM
    They are apparently working on a fix to the laggy focus issues. Hopefully next month when the official OS update is pushed we'll have a solution.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:56 AM
    BlackBerry please fix this with a software update. It's a very embarrassing situation when we flaunt this beautiful looking high end device with an average camera. My colleagues tried to take some snaps from my passport and they were like why this is not focusing..and finally when they clicked the picture quality was not great. .

13 MP is very competitive spec on paper , but not in reality.

Posted via CB10
    grungebetty and acfalco like this.
    01-10-15 09:21 AM
    Meh.... I only had one feature turned on and the camera is still slow as molasses. I have to agree with the others the BlackBerry really need to improve this one.

I also found that the passport's pictures are bit over exposed compared to the pictures taken from other mobile phones.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    01-10-15 10:06 AM
    Its doesn't fix!

A Happy Passport User....
    01-10-15 10:15 AM
    It really is a bad camera.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:41 AM
    Actually the camera is quite competitive in terms of its build quality. It can take some really amazing pictures. The problem is with the software that drives the camera. Th focusing is just slow and laggy. One hopes that this will be fixed in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and thymaster like this.
    01-10-15 04:50 PM
    I have installed the camer.bar from 1949 leak and the focus is much better and faster.
    01-10-15 05:04 PM
    I found on my Z30 that turning auto suggest off helped a lot.
    01-10-15 05:46 PM
    I just received my Passport today and the camera seems to be malfunctioning. When o go to take a picture it freezes the phone completely or the picture isn't found in the "camera roll". It will snap the pic and the flash goes off but there's no pic to be found. Anyone else have this issue?
    Chavez78 likes this.
    01-11-15 02:00 AM
    Yes, unfortunately I had this issue when I transferred all my data from my Z30 using Link. I had so many issues from the device getting too hot to facebook not being able to log me in.

What I ultimately did which was a pain to do was wipe the device. I did not transfer any old data. I started from scratch by entering my contacts manually and installing apps one at a time. It was annoying but my Passport works flawlessly now without issues.

I had issues with my Z10 when I transferred data from my Bold a few years ago. I read so many people returning their device I toughed it out and figured it was software not hardware issue. I wiped and started all over. I still own my Z10 and it works flawlessly as well.

I wish you well StacyMarie and try a complete wipe first. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 02:15 AM
    Camera performance on my BlackBerry passport is sub par.

When it makes a good picture, it is good, but otherwise it's slow to start, slow to focus, often doesn't lock the focus, and half of my shots are blurry, I have to double check every single shot.

:-(
    :-(

This is 650 Euro phone!
    Even my 100 euro cheap phone takes better pictures.
    There are so many bugs in the passport, I mean not the lack of apps, but basic things in the OS, I decided to return it now.

I love the keyboard, don't get me wrong, but first get basics right.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 02:56 AM
    Hello. I didn't have any issues with camera, it starts really fast and takes good pics. Just got it, this is my second full charge. Right when I unboxed it I checked for software updates : there was a 90 mb update. I guess that was some kind of patch.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 04:05 AM
    I'm going to try and wipe the device as suggested above to see if that helps...but amazon is sending me a replacement! Fingers crossed that one of these solutions is the answer!
    01-11-15 08:42 AM
    I don't know much about cameras but seems the hype is always on the mega pixel number which is only useful if you have the processor to deal with it. I know the passport is supposed to have a fast one. I am wondering if you can turn down the quality of the picture and if the camera works faster and smoother. I don't own a passport so cannot try it myself. Very curious about them and hope to get a chance to see a working one in hand. When first reading the reviews on this phone I thought the camera was one big improvement. I personally do not print very many photos so a picture at 3 mega pixels is awesome. Looks great on the computer so with 6 mega pixels I can have great pictures and still print them with quality up to very large sizes. Not to mention all those huge files of whatever take up a lot of space take forever to send or share but I suppose most sharing the pictures get reduced down anyway.

So for all the rant can someone try the performance of t he camera on lesser quality and see if it works faster and more efficient?
    Last edited by RegN; 01-11-15 at 10:43 AM.
    olee2222 likes this.
    01-11-15 10:31 AM
    Will try and report back, but I don't think a lower resolution helps, as the camera software is slow to start up, slow to focus, so is slow in general, not just after pressing the shutter button.
    RegN likes this.
    01-11-15 11:04 AM
    it was MUCH BETTER in 10.3.1 leaks
    RegN likes this.
    01-11-15 11:07 AM
    Will try and report back, but I don't think a lower resolution helps, as the camera software is slow to start up, slow to focus, so is slow in general, not just after pressing the shutter button.
    I didn't really think about it like that but I will bet your correct. Processing happens after you take the picture. So focus and start up speed would not factor in. Little disapointed in that will have to say, I don't like any negative stuff on my blackberry but that is the way of everything. Nothing is perfect and always some flaws, here is to software fixing it.
    01-11-15 11:11 AM
    The camera in-app setting (is: Flash) resets back to original setting when you close the camera and open it again. Does anyone have same issue?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 11:13 AM
    [QUOTE=yessuz;11249412]it was MUCH BETTER in 10.3.1 leaks

Not many users saying what os they are using, I always run leaks and such so think most everyone does but that is not the case.
    01-11-15 11:16 AM
    I use the BB Passport with the latest official update that the device installs (or not). No leaks.

Well, I didn't find a way to lower the resolution. The only thing I can change is the format, 1:1, 4:3, 16:9. I searched the pdf manual for "resolution", but no hits for photos.
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...27-10.3-en.pdf
    01-11-15 12:49 PM
    I use the BB Passport with the latest official update that the device installs (or not). No leaks.

Well, I didn't find a way to lower the resolution. The only thing I can change is the format, 1:1, 4:3, 16:9. I searched the pdf manual for "resolution", but no hits for photos.
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...27-10.3-en.pdf
    I always thought that the different formats made larger 16:9 and smaller 4:3 files?
    01-11-15 01:32 PM
    I think calling it resolved is click baiting or at best inaccurate.
    This is a fundamental issue with the phone: I don't care whether it's HW or SW, the camera on this device just sucks for real world use (indoors, kids, etc)!

It's definitely not enough for me to abandon it or return it, but when people ask me how I like the phone I say "except for the camera it's an awesome device"

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and grungebetty like this.
    01-11-15 01:44 PM
    Based on what the Z10 started at for Camera picture quality and what it ended at in 10.3 (really awesome!) I know that the 13mp shooter in the passport has loads of potential. In the right light it is really good, outside of the right light, UGH!.

I'm a firm believe the software will turn it in to a great camera and the wait will (kinda) be worth it.
    01-12-15 10:41 AM
39 12