01-03-15 01:18 AM
35 12
tools
    Apparently he did 11 times or so he says.

Posted via CB10
    His standards are probably WAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too high....or the wheel could be turning, but the hamster's dead?
    01-02-15 10:56 PM
    I have had my passport over 2 months. Camera focuses fine for me. No issues. Best BlackBerry I ever had so far! I started with the 957, think it was a pager

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-02-15 11:11 PM
    Today I met the OP. Shook his hand because I felt "a little" sorry for him and BOOM! My Passport exploded!

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154 /1949 Apps
    The Big Picture likes this.
    01-02-15 11:15 PM
    Lol

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-02-15 11:15 PM
    It works FINE for me. Don't know what your problems are

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:28 PM
    Its happening with every Passport owner...Wait for a software update.
    Why should anyone wait? when you purchased your phone did you give them a piece of paper saying wait for the money to come?
    01-02-15 11:30 PM
    Hello again!

I'm not even joking any more when I say that this device is a piece of junk in terms of hardware quality. Whoever are the vendors supplying the components for the Passport to BlackBerry are completely sub-par. My wife's Passport failed today, well more specifically, the focusing mechanism on the camera broke. Yep, it broke, physically. The focusing motor now goes crazy, buzzes, rattles, never obtains focus. You can physically feel it jerking back and forth to no end and you can see it pulsating like mad trying to focus. Wipe and reload did nothing, going to a newer OS did nothing. Clearly, the hardware failed completely. I just submitted a request to BlackBerry for an advance exchange, but I wanted to post this experience on here as well. Since this issue is separate, I will update the post with the response I get from BlackBerry.

How many of these threads do I have now showing defective Passports? I can't even count any more. Oh and yeah, this Passport, this was one of those that I considered "defective" because of the excessive light bleed. My wife was nice enough to keep it, and now it too failed, albeit on her this time instead of me.

In my personal opinion, this is by far the worst physical build quality of any BlackBerry, ever, period. It hands down beats the Torch 9800, which I consider to now be the second worst physical build quality of any BlackBerry ever built.

What's even more maddening about this entire mess is that both my wife and I depend on this device for work. There is nothing like it out there, and yes, for productivity it is absolute king. However, as a device, it is absolute rubbish like I've never seen before. It does feel nice in hand though, so that's a plus.

If you want proof, I will record some for you tomorrow and post it on here. Right now I'm busy loosing sleep and restoring my wife's device to a working state (minus the camera), so she can "keep on moving" while we sort out how to get her a new phone. Do keep in mind that I am not the first person to report a failed focusing motor on a Passport. There were several others on this forum since inception.

Perhaps I ought to order a spare Passport for when the next one fails. I wonder what it will be...screen lift, failed keys, keys falling off, collapsed dome, dead/stuck pixels, bending, faulty speakers and/or microphones, failed camera focus motor, phew...so many to choose from! I just have to make sure that the spare isn't a used defective device, like a recent one that I got (see my other fun thread here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kberry-987142/)

I can guarantee you at this stage that the return figures for this phone are higher than normal. I've gone from statistical anomaly to statistical impossibility. The issues are real...they are just dormant or ignored on most peoples devices.

EDIT:

Video as requested. You may need to turn up the volume to hear the grinding and clicking noises of the focusing motor when it comes to that segment around 2:40 into the video. The rapid flashing of the focus is visible throughout so pay close attention.

https://mega.co.nz/#!3Vk0DQaI!zWM5KP...5kd8Az8B8P5Kds
    Why do you keep buying Blackberry if you want a quality phone? I own the 9900 and even that is sub par at best
    01-02-15 11:35 PM
    My passport is taking forever to focus ...the focus time should be drastically improved..

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 11:50 PM
    All I can say is,...

Thank You dejahn and dejahn's wife.

I'm pretty sure this one rounds out the six sigma defect margin for the Passport production run. We can now all continue purchasing Passports knowing all defective units have been removed from the channels by our selfless fellow!

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, pituCaleya and Spawn12 like this.
    01-02-15 11:54 PM
    All I can say is,...

Thank You dejahn and dejahn's wife.

I'm pretty sure this one rounds out the six sigma defect margin for the Passport production run. We can now all continue purchasing Passports knowing all defective units have been removed from the channels by our selfless fellow!

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same thing. I do feel sorry for one person getting all the faulty units, however I thank them for taking one for the team.

In all seriousness, you will have to get a good one soon. When you do, you'll forget all the problems you had. This is probably the best quality and we'll built phone I have ever seen/used in over 25 years. Hope you get a good one soon.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:18 AM
35 12