So all my friends have iphone....literally ALL OF MY FRIENDS haha. But for some reason they all prefer using my passport camera when we're out. I really don't think the camera is that bad, you just really have to focus! Now, the front facing camera is a different story...that could use a tad bit more work! Has anyone gotten the same reaction from their camera? or am I one in a million haha.
    thang thinh likes this.
    04-16-15 06:51 PM
    Every single time I've been on a night out my pictures are without a doubt the best taken, same went for when I had the z10 & z30, my girlfriends classic is the same...
    Idk the blackberry camera can really punch above its weight in lowlight with the flash, I think it has something to do with the colours it creates...
    next time you're out with your friends compare the colour difference, the iphone makes photos look slightly faded and dull compared to a BlackBerry camera ( especially with the flash on in a club etc)

And yeah it's a shame the front camera sucks :/

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:00 PM
    I have been reading the threads about how bad the Passport camera is for several months now. Every time I read another post about how bad the Passport camera is I shake my head in disbelief.
    My Passport camera takes the best pictures In any gathering of people and phone cameras I have ever been to. I cannot say the same about my Q 10 and Z 10 camera pictures.
    At a recent birthday party there were no less than 52 cameras of various makes and models. By the end of the evening everybody acknowledged that the Passport camera took the best pictures in virtually all lighting situations and were asking me to take their pictures and text them back to them.
    This happens all the time, so I take these Passport camera complaints with a serious grain of salt.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 07:27 PM
    I don't mind the front facing camera, it's a decent 2mp shooter.

It's the software that unfortunately holds it back.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 08:18 PM
    I took a video last night at my friends bday and everyone was very impressed by the quality!
    04-16-15 08:56 PM
    I, too, am impressed by the quality of photos and videos. I don't understand the negativity surrounding the Passport's camera. I find it pretty amazing. People either don't know how to properly use a camera or their lenses are scratched or dirty. That's my guess, anyway.
    04-16-15 09:21 PM
    I believe people who complain have different types of usage from those who don't. I am not saying one person is right or wrong, just different. I grew up with manual SLR film cameras. You had to fiddle with the settings to get a photo. When you got it right, the photo was really good.

People now expect cameras to be instantaneous and perfect on auto settings. In that respect, the PP probably will disappoint. It is much better in 10.3.1, however there are many faster shooters out there. Where the PP wins is quality. When the planets align, the ultimate photo quality is amazing. I personally have no problems with the camera - in fact I like it a lot. I can understand why some do have problems. Each to their own

I do get annoyed though when people say "the camera is s***". It doesn't help their cause at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 12:10 AM
    Sometimes the camera takes brilliant photos. I don't know if it is the lighting conditions that helps, but, other times, just terrible! I'm just happy when the photos come out nice. Often times, one only has one chance to take it. Even more so when taking photos of children and animals...
    04-17-15 08:09 AM
    What's going on with my camera. When in panorama does not work at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 10:57 AM
    Did you happen to try restarting the device, and then trying it again?

What's going on with my camera. When in panorama does not work at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:16 PM
    On a still image passport is great but anything moving it's terrible can't focus to save it's life.

But also my friends with iphone 6 prefer the passport for some reason it's odd

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:36 PM
    not wanting to start a new thread

I found out you can "lock" the focus by holding a finger to the camera screen and it'll focus on where you point and lock it there so it doesn't need to readjust itself when you move camera around. It makes the camera faster. I don't know how much use it'll be for people, I'm patient enough to wait.

I miss the galaxy zoom camera (phone) where I can manually adjust zoom. It was nice being able to focus on things in foreground and background and not let software decide which
    04-18-15 07:25 PM