Third week into my passport! Liking it more and more though the Q10 still has a place in my heart

So Passport is BIG and I notice that with an incoming call the ringtone is muted when you touch anywhere on the screen - and I don't find this that useful/handy. Often when it rings in my coat pocket it mutes even before I grab the phone, just from the movement of my body...

Is there a way to switch this off that I might be missing?

Oh, and why is the coma on the left side of the virtual keyboard row...drives me crazy but I know i'll get the hang of it

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 02:50 PM
    That will change in OS 10.3.1. They've added a mute button to the incoming call screen and you have to specifically press it in order to silence the ringer.
    01-12-15 03:55 PM
    That will change in OS 10.3.1. They've added a mute button to the incoming call screen and you have to specifically press it in order to silence the ringer.
    Yeah, that bugs me. My ringer is so loud on the passport and I can't easily silence it anymore.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 04:01 PM
    Good to know! Cheers!
    As much as I like my passport I can say it's not a polished experience on 10.3

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:08 PM
    Good to know! Cheers!
    As much as I like my passport I can say it's not a polished experience on 10.3

Posted via CB10
    +1

I currently have both a Passport and a Classic. 10.3 on the Passport definitely feels way less polished than 10.3.1 on the Classic. Little things matter way more than I thought they would.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:24 PM
    +1

I currently have both a Passport and a Classic. 10.3 on the Passport definitely feels way less polished than 10.3.1 on the Classic. Little things matter way more than I thought they would.

Posted via CB10
    Curious which one you tend to enjoy more?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 04:39 PM
    Curious which one you tend to enjoy more?

Posted via CB10
    I can't seem to make up my mind. My heart loves the Classic more. My brain is definitely all about the Passport. I wish that I could stick the Passport inside the Classic lol.

My conflict comes down to better form factor (Classic) vs. better spec (Passport). Although specs can generally be ignored, the differences in speeds between the Classic and Passport are definitely noticeable.

That aside, I've had my sim in the Classic for the past two weeks. Blame the BlackBerry traditionalist in me.
    01-13-15 04:54 PM
    A quick fix is to put your Passport in your pocket with the screen facing away from your body.
    01-13-15 05:07 PM
    I actually miss this feature. I misread it at first. I was to be able to easily silence the ringer but I can't now.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 08:03 AM
    A quick fix is to put your Passport in your pocket with the screen facing away from your body.
    Tried it but the ring is silenced even when I just tap the fabric of my jacket (coat, jeans etc) I thought capacitative screens respond to body temperature not just physical touch...weird...haven't had that on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 05:47 AM