After reading the gsmarena's very thorough review of the Passport, I, like many, we're left confused by the strikingly low benchmark results of the BlackBerry Passport browser. This, because it wasn't long ago that BB10 Browser was heralded and blazing fast, comparable to desktop browsers in speed, let alone mobile browsers.

So, I went to some benchmark sites on my Passport and ran the tests myself; I too got really low results. What has happened since my Z30 that would get really competitive results? Did something get mucked up in 10.3? Anyone else run tests themselves?

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    10-17-14 01:44 AM
    BB10 was scoring high in HTML5 specifically, and a lot of people (on this site specifically) used those figures to claim how great the browser is. To be fair the BB10 browser isn't bad, it just isn't as mind blowing as some people claimed (it's particularly bad with javascript and gifs).

In regards to then mucking it up with 10.3, I think it's more related to other phones improving in both hardware and software (specifically browsers) while BlackBerry didn't do massive improvements.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:53 AM
    BB10 was scoring high in HTML5 specifically, and a lot of people (on this site specifically) used those figures to claim how great the browser is. To be fair the BB10 browser isn't bad, it just isn't as mind blowing as some people claimed (it's particularly bad with javascript and gifs).

Posted via CB10
    I've noticed the gif thing myself. Maybe I'll go run some html 5 specific benchmark tests and see how it goes.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    10-17-14 01:54 AM
    In terms of HTML5 scores among 'released' mobile operating systems, BB 10.2 is still first.
    HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

You would imagine 10.3.1 is much further ahead. I just tested and actually get a LOWER result.
    10-17-14 02:28 AM