Has my beloved Passport kicked the bit-bucket? It was working fine (and fully charged), I put it down on a table, picked it up two minutes later, and it now just says "[Logo] Blackberry" on a black screen. It was completely immobile when The Event, whatever it was, occurred.

I've tried the volume up-down trick; holding down the power button; and even opening it up, disconnecting the battery, and waiting a few minutes. Nothing. Also tried removing and replacing SIM card. Nada. The phone is obviously not recognized by BB Link, either, so no chance of a factory reset.

Is there anything left to try? Sacrifice an iPhone on an altar? Stick a paperclip somewhere?

Thanks!
    09-21-17 11:54 AM
    u will need a big paper clip for that brick and buy a Keyone. lol
    09-21-17 12:06 PM
    How exactly did you disconnect the battery? The Passport's battery is internal so that shouldn't be such an easy thing to access...

Anyway, look up how to run an autoloader on your device. You will lose any data you had but likely be able to bring it back to life.
    09-21-17 12:22 PM
    You tried to do software restore?
    Basically, connect to computer with BB link open.
    Connect your phone. (it won't recognize your phone yet)
    Long press up and down and as the phone is rebooting, you should get a prompt on your computer about reloading software onto the phone.

If even this doesn't come up. Probably time for a new phone.

Though when I got a new phone earlier this year when my Passport died. I got another Passport. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-17 12:29 PM
    How exactly did you disconnect the battery? The Passport's battery is internal so that shouldn't be such an easy thing to access...

Anyway, look up how to run an autoloader on your device. You will lose any data you had but likely be able to bring it back to life.
    Thank you for these responses.

I tried everything, but the Passport is basically in the same state as that guy in the Metallica song "One." Whatever brain it has left is beyond mortal reach. May it dream of electric sheep.

The battery is quite easy to disconnect: there's just a small snap connector on a ribbon cable. It doesn't require special tools or removing the battery.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the next phone is going to be a BB. The software is so flaky. My Passport couldn't even manage contacts: they would disappear, duplicate, reverse first and last name randomly. Last week my contacts list spontaneously generated thousands of duplicates. It took a solid minute to flip-scroll through hundreds of copies of just the first name. But I hate Apple and don't trust Google. And I want to support Canadian global domination.
    09-21-17 07:02 PM