12-10-16 05:35 PM
69 123
tools
    I can't seem to connect my Passport, by Bluetooth, to my BMW X3. I have tried many times to connect my Passport but no go. My Q10 and wife's Z10 connects, by Bluetooth, with no issues. Anyone else having issues connecting their Passport by Bluetooth with their vehicle? Any solutions?
    10-20-14 09:10 PM
    Is it possible that the car has only a limited number of pairings available? What happens if you delete one of the phones from the car? My passport works perfectly with Ford Sync

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:23 PM
    Have you been able to pair it successfully before? Is it saved to your car (if you have paired it successfully before)??? If so. Try deleting it from your cars menu and try pairing it again.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:24 PM
    Also if your trying to pair it from your phone to your car. Instead try pairing it from your cars menu to your phone. But before doing that turn off blue tooth connection on your phone and then turn it back again. Then try pairing directly from the cars menu instead.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:26 PM
    I can't seem to connect my Passport, by Bluetooth, to my BMW X3. I have tried many times to connect my Passport but no go. My Q10 and wife's Z10 connects, by Bluetooth, with no issues. Anyone else having issues connecting their Passport by Bluetooth with their vehicle? Any solutions?
    buy a better car..

j/k

10-20-14 11:22 PM
    Thanks guys/girls for all the replies. I'll give your ideas a try later today and see what happens or like " Crazed..BB..Fanactic" said ..maybe I'll buy a better vehicle.
    10-21-14 07:47 AM
    Well, it was only this morning I thought I'd post on here about how much better my Passport connects to my Audi A7 system. More so than the Z30 I had before. Since having the Passport it has never once failed to connect and sync contacts etc. The z30 literally had a mind of its own. Some days it was fine but I lost count how many times I had to repair it to the car.
    Sorry OP that you are having issues. There is nothing worse than someone saying "well mine is great". Anyway, hope you fix it.

As a side note. If I dial the BlackBerry assistant using the phone directory. It doesn't work. The number starts with 999xxxx and in the UK that is the emergency services number. So my car tells me it will not dial the number because it's not sure if I want emergency services or not. So I'm not able to utilise any verbal instructions whilst driving.

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    10-21-14 08:19 AM
    I was about to post a similar issue, though relating to my Audi. The passport pairs okay, and with all functionality, inlcuding adress books and media streaming etc, but the connection between the passport and the car bluetooth continually drops. This is driving me mad. Most often, I have to close down bluetooth and try and re-connect, and sometimes this works, and other times it fails. I had zero problems with the Z10. It did take several attempts initailly to pair, and the continued drpping suggest there is a problem somewhere. It would be good to know if we are on our with this, since I travel a lot and it is very much spoiling what is in every other respact, a truly fantastic device.
    10-21-14 09:46 AM
    The passport works much better in my Kia Sportage than my bold 9900 did. The Bold kept losing connection every 5th time or so and I kept having to re-pair it. No issues so far. It took me a couple tries to figure out how to use BlackBerry Assistant hands-free. For me, I press the call button on the steering wheel and when the vehicle asks me "who would you like to call, by name or by number?" I reply by name and say BlackBerry assistant and it dials (no idea if it actually dials anything??) and then the BlackBerry assistant voice comes on over the car speaker and there I go. I've had it send BBM messages for me, read me text messages, emails, check the weather... it's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:15 AM
    I also have a weird issue. The passport connects the phone but not audio streaming. I have to manually go in and turn on audio streaming every time -

Passport Bluetooth problem-img_20141021_162503.png

My Z30 worked fine so not sure why this happens. Real pain in the ***.

S

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:26 AM
    I've got an issue every once and a while also, it will connect and say it's for audio etc but play through device speakers instead. This is in my 2012 gti

Posted on CB 10 (Passport)
    10-21-14 10:43 AM
    From the sounds of it - Bluetooth is working for some - not for others - with the Passport.

I upgraded from a Q10 to a Passport. Same contacts on both phones. Now I have no contacts on my car, and basically my hands free is no longer hands free other than once i have connected a call and can use the microphone and speaker system of my car with the Passport. I have a 2012 Kia Soul with the good Navigation System. So I wonder, since Bluetooth worked better before with the Q10, is it a Passport issue?
    I'm relatively nerdy - and my guess it that there is a Bluetooth software issue on my Passport. Does that make sense? And any suggestion on tweaks or work around I should try?
    Thanks!
    MD
    10-23-14 05:44 PM
    i have the same problem with my passport paring with by vw passat. the q10 works fine and the iphone5 works fine as well. it seems that the issue is on the passport itself. blackberry, please take a look at this.
    11-06-14 08:22 PM
    My Passport locked up to my car with no intervention on my part. Outboard Logitech devices simply flash and connect. Love Logitech BT audio devices, they just beep, pair and connect no matter what throw at them

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 08:38 PM
    Both my Q10 and my Passport have worked flawlessly with Ford Sync on my 2013 Fusion.

Posted via CB10
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    11-06-14 09:33 PM
    I am on my third Passport (previous 2 arrived with physical defects) and this one seems to have Bluetooth issues like you folks are talking about.

This Passport will randomly drop its Bluetooth connection when I am driving my 2012 VW GTi. I will get a warning that there is no longer a phone connected to the car's Bluetooth system...and I can sometimes force it to reconnect via the car's Bluetooth menu...other times it's says "Unable to connect to phone". During a 1 hour drive it can do this 3 or 4 times.

Also, with the other Blackberrys I've had, I was able to access the Blackberry Assistant through the car's Bluetooth system...no luck with this new Passport, even though the phone's settings are set to allow access when it's locked, etc...

My previous other 2 Passports as well as my old z10 never did this.

I am in contact with Blackberry Support about the issue (There was a black card in the Passport box that gives a phone number for the 30 day support) and they have me submitting logs to them via the Help application on the phone. I would recommend you guys do the same. I feel a little better with the illusion that I am helping BB solve the problem by submitting logs and then dates and times of when the Bluetooth drops occur.
    11-15-14 07:55 AM
    Don't have any issues connecting my Passport to my 2014 VW Golf GTD, connects fine and stays connected. Same with my Z30 and Z10 as well, absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:41 AM
    I'm going to re-load the OS today or tomorrow and see if it works correctly after that. I am assuming the voice assistance not working is linked to the dropped Bluetooth connection...I could easily be wrong but it's all I've got to work with at this point.

Has anyone else tried re-loading the OS?
    11-15-14 12:42 PM
    Mine seems to have resolved itself. I'm on 1418 and now a 2015 Honda Accord V6 with Navi
    11-15-14 01:13 PM
    UPDATE

Re-loading the OS solved the Blackberry Assistant issue...even after I restored from a backup done today.
    Now to see if the phone loses the Bluetooth connection with the car randomly...
    11-15-14 04:26 PM
    Passport still randomly disconnecting from my car's Bluetooth system.
    I'm happy that I can access the Blackberry Assistant via Bluetooth but frustrated with the constant disconnection from my vehicle's Bluetooth system.
    11-16-14 09:58 AM
    My passport does act a little differently from my z10 when making a call. It takes longer to switch the audio over to my car speakers. If the person I am calling answer right away i sometimes miss what they say.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:03 AM
    A gentlemen in BB's Technical Support team has been in touch with me. He's asked me to do another test once in my car and then this is being escalated further and he mentioned a possible RMA(?).
    geekaren likes this.
    11-26-14 11:54 AM
    I've been having this issue for a year now with my Z10, blackberry support couldn't help me, I've done a factory reset and still the problem persist. I have a KIA Cerato 2013, this started after a software update, before then it worked fine. My phone won't connect to other cars as well. Other people's phones connect to my car so I'm convinced it's a software issue. Reason for me posting here is because I'm upgrading to Passport on Monday and if I'm going to have this same issue I'm not sure I'll survive it! I'm so sick of this, I want to be able to stream music from my phone to my car, everyone else who don't have a BlackBerry does. My problem is I hate iPhone and Android and I LOVE BlackBerry. But can one put yourself through the same **** again for another two years?!!! I've been living in hope that the Passport will be the end of my frustration, but now I'm really worried. How is it possible that BlackBerry can't sort this out??? My fu#$@! Nerves can't cope with this. I've been living in anticipation for so long and now that the time to get my passport finally arrived I feel I'm out of time......

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 12:16 PM
    It just might work. I can stream music and Blackberry Assistant works flawlessly on my 2015 Honda Accord V6 - much better than the built-in system works
    11-26-14 12:24 PM
69 123