So did it work?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, tried it today and still having the same problems of blend dropping connections. I've given up on blend, just using the phone as a drive now.
    Such a shame, I can't seem to get any answers from BlackBerry

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    09-29-14 04:30 PM
    Did you try different network settings? (local and public)

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:37 PM
    My Passport has been ordered. Can anyone tell me how well Blend works with a work perimeter? Does the work perimeter communicate with blend?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:39 PM
    It's supposed to. I see the option is there to open work side. Mine is blocked by an IT policy. I'll change the policy later and let you know how it works.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:37 PM
    Thanks so much. I will find out for myself fairly shortly. My passport is supposed to shop on Oct 1st, though I have my suspicions that it will be later than that.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:41 PM
    For the life of me i can't find the policy that would be blocking the connection...... there is no mention of Blend whatsoever. There is for BlackBerry bridge but that didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:16 PM
    Yep I give up. There doesn't seem to be anything i can change to allow access to work side. One thing is for sure, the work side is pretty secure! Can't complain about that!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:37 PM
    Nope, tried it today and still having the same problems of blend dropping connections. I've given up on blend, just using the phone as a drive now.
    Such a shame, I can't seem to get any answers from BlackBerry

It will disconnect every time your phone leaves the Wi-Fi network. Enabling the Use Mobile Network option under Device Connections should allow it to fall back to your phone's data connection.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:54 PM
    Thanks so much. I will find out for myself fairly shortly. My passport is supposed to shop on Oct 1st, though I have my suspicions that it will be later than that.

Posted via CB10
    Let me know if you get it working.....and how. Haha

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 06:55 PM
    I know of the choices. I'm asking if the connection method is data or WiFi. If on wifi will both devices be on the same WiFi?

And if the primary device/host (bb10 phone) is using data, will the secondary device be connected to the internet as well? If perhaps both devices are miles away from each other.

Posted via Tecno_n9 Pad using the Android CrackBerry App!
    The order is this I think:

1. USB
    2. WiFi (if no USB device detected)
    3. Data (if device is not on the same network)

If the phone is using a data connection, obviously the PC/tablet would need access to the Internet in order to get the messages from BlackBerry's servers.

Posted via CB10
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    09-29-14 07:01 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=962827. If you go there and scroll down somebody posted links to a Blend user manual. It looks like those permissions aren't available with BES Cloud unless I'm missing something.....

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:02 PM
    I have used my passport and blend on my iMac and it's working excellent, I can work on my projects and keep updated on my BBM chats. Has been working without any problems so far.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-29-14 07:20 PM
    Did you try different network settings? (local and public)

Posted via CB10
    I've no idea why, but it's working fine today. Weird, I've changed nothing. Thank you for your help. Fingers crossed it stays like this.

09-30-14 08:04 AM
    I've no idea why, but it's working fine today. Weird, I've changed nothing. Thank you for your help. Fingers crossed it stays like this.

Oh yeah. I'm liking blend a lot now it's working.

09-30-14 08:07 AM
    I absolutely love it!!!! I am extremely productive with through Blend. I get many BBM through work and have the chance to answer them on my desktop is amazing
    09-30-14 08:10 AM
    Oh yeah. I'm liking blend a lot now it's working.

Great to hear it fixed itself and is working now!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-30-14 08:53 AM
    Similar to other posts here - I find myself using blend over my other default email clients. It just feels like you have the hub on your desktop! It's been great and extremely more efficient. I usually connect over wifi with no issues at all!
    09-30-14 09:06 AM
    it worked fine at the beginning but i experienced a weird bug when all my medias suddenly got confused : I had 100 copies of each image and video. My storage got full very quickly...; yeh those 32 Gigs! Must be some weird sync issue . Anyway, it went faster than i could delete so i just erased the content of my phone
    09-30-14 11:57 AM
    Oh dear.

Blend is back to its normal self for me today. It keeps disconnecting the phone..
    There is something definately wrong somewhere.

I've unistalled and re-installed that many times now.

I really wished I could get support from BB. I can't locate any numbers for support in the UK.
    10-01-14 05:18 AM
    Ive posted for support on the blackberry forum. Here is a copy of what I've sent

Sorry for my delayed reply but I've been away on business.
    Let me try to break down the environment and issues I'm seeing:

Surface pro 3 set up:
    Same issues happen if on battery or mains. The system has no hibernation settings active.. both battery and mains are set to never sleep
    In my home I'm using a Netgear AC7000 Night hawke AC router. I talk to it on 5ghz settings.
    At work, I use a wired Ethernet into9 a windows domain setting
    I've turned off windows firewall.. I am running AVG anti virus, I've turned off that also. Neither make a difference to the issues.

My network setting t work is a private network. I'm unsure if this is causing an issue or not. I do not know how to change this network setting on my surface.

WORK:
    I have to carry out an un-install and re-install of the blackberry software just to get the software to even see the phone.
    He's what i do:
    I do a ctrl+alt+del and drop into the task manager to stop the blend service from running. un-install the application. Reboot. Re-install the blend and drivers. Reboot. I DONT start blend at this point, I plug my Passport into the computer via USB. The computer loads the drivers for the PP and I can then see the two drives (one flash) within file manager.

Normally I then open blend and run through the pairing process. I use the USB method and run the program. Sometimes it pairs, sometimes it doesn't
    On the last occasion, I decided not to run the blend app and just use the PP as a drive and send transfers to it directly. It started the transfer but suddenly stopped. About 1 min into the transfer. Now, this may be a coincidence, but yesterday, i set my lock screen and password up and set it to lock the phone at 1min. Ordinarily when the transfers fail, its about 10 mins or so in.. again, I think this was my lock setting at that point.
    Could it be my phone is locking and dropping the connection or file transfer?

What issues have i seen:
    Either at work or home, the issues are the same. The phone will communicate with blend for some time. Everything works, I can see notifications and send messages etc from the blend UI. But, I then here a ping and blend with then either say it's lost connection or I also get a red message saying limited connectivity.
    Either way, I then aren't able to log the phone back into blend.. it seems the whole connection just hangs.
    I have to carry out the ctrl+alt+del inistall and reinstall all over again.
    Passport and blend - your verdict-01102014-1153-screen-clipping.jpgPassport and blend - your verdict-01102014-1159-screen-clipping.jpg
    10-01-14 06:22 AM
    Have you enabled this on your phone?

Passport and blend - your verdict-img_20141001_123551.png

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:37 AM
    Have you enabled this on your phone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141001_123551.png 
Views:	223 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	302062

Yes ive tried both with and without it enabled. No difference with the cutting off issue

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:50 AM
    I've messed around with the connections. I found a settng on the passpot (settings>system settings>storage and access) that offered me a choice of connecting the USB via automatic / mac / pc .. it was on automatic. I changed this to PC and since then its been stable.. although, for the life of me I can't get the usb to connect instead of wifi within blend.

OK.. making some progress I think.
    As per above, wifi seemed to be stable but usb was non existent. I decided to close the blend app and close down all running services for it. I then turned off wifi on my pc and loaded the blend app. There was a message about windows firewall.. I clicked to allow the connection and USB then worked. When I then checked windows firewall permissions for the app (I had previously given the same permissions) the Public domain (the one I'm working in) didn't have the radio dot as allowed.. even after I had just allowed it. So I manually changed these to allow.
    I've switched wifi back on and hey presto, Iknow have a usb connection instead of wifi. If i pull the connector out of the phone, the blend app on the phone now says wifi connection. When i insert the usb again, the blend app still shows a wifi connection. It doesn't move bck to USB.. Could someone test this on theirs and advise if theirs is the same please?
    Last edited by uktivo; 10-01-14 at 09:28 AM.
    10-01-14 09:00 AM
    Not able to test, could it be so firewall rule?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:44 AM
49 12