Greetings,

while I am drewling for a Passport, would like to know from the lucky Passport users, how has been your Passport / Blend experience?

The good, the improvementn areas, the bad and ugly....

thanks!
    09-27-14 05:32 PM
    Used blend briefly at work. Use it at work as it's so seemless and easy.
    Has everything on there. Don't need to pull my phone out at all, just for calls only.
    Used it on pc.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:34 PM
    Used blend briefly at work. Use it at work as it's so seemless and easy.
    Has everything on there. Don't need to pull my phone out at all, just for calls only.
    Used it on pc.

Posted via CB10
    Thans Junny! I guess, looking good ;-)

do you have BBM voice over Blend?
    09-27-14 05:43 PM
    Thans Junny! I guess, looking good ;-)

do you have BBM voice over Blend?
    It's so easy to use and very simple. I love it.

Actually i dont know, i haven't tried that yet lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-14 05:46 PM
    The few minutes I tried it with my iPad I was impressed...finally a bridge like function with the iPad.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-14 05:49 PM
    Oh i did use bbm, was instant. As soon as i felt a vibrate, i saw the message on screen.
    No lag or delay like the PlayBook had. Just pure instant.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-27-14 05:51 PM
    My Question is, do you need to have internet on the secondary device (PC/tablet) to be able to utilize blend?

Posted via Tecno_n9 Pad using the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-27-14 05:57 PM
    No, you have three choices.

Data
    Wifi
    Usb cable

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 05:58 PM
    I am absolutely loving BlackBerry Blend! I an using it instead of outlook at work for the week to test it out but I already feel I have my replacement.

It has email, text, BBM, calendar of course but it also has the hub showing it all together like on the phone. BB10 has trained me to expect to be able to access all forms of communication in one place so email on my work computer felt isolated before where as now sitting at my computer I can triage and deal with messages from all my accounts as they come in real time.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Plazmic Flame and dmlis like this.
    09-27-14 06:07 PM
    No, you have three choices.

Data
    Wifi
    Usb cable

Posted via CB10
    I know of the choices. I'm asking if the connection method is data or WiFi. If on wifi will both devices be on the same WiFi?

And if the primary device/host (bb10 phone) is using data, will the secondary device be connected to the internet as well? If perhaps both devices are miles away from each other.

Posted via Tecno_n9 Pad using the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-27-14 06:12 PM
    I shall let you know on Monday
    Will go through all the connection modes

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:39 PM
    It's great on my surface pro that I use as my main work computer. Ipad seems great too however the iPad app seems to turn off when you move to something else. One the computer it runs in the background. iPad doesn't seem to but overall it's great!
    09-27-14 07:52 PM
    No BBM voice on Blend, right?

If not, would this be a useful feature (+video)?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:08 PM
    Anybody able to transfer files between phone and desktop through Blend? For some reason I can't plus won't let me connect to PC through Link either since installing it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:47 AM
    Does the blend allow for other messaging apps like whatsapp or wechat?
    09-28-14 01:09 AM
    I shall let you know on Monday
    Will go through all the connection modes

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I will really appreciate it. And try doing it without connecting the PC/Tablet to the internet and see if it would connect.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154 "the iPhone nemesis"
    09-28-14 02:53 AM
    Anybody able to transfer files between phone and desktop through Blend? For some reason I can't plus won't let me connect to PC through Link either since installing it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm having major issues keep a connection live with blend. The pairing procedure seems hit and miss. I've checked everything possible and still can't find a solution. I've spent an age trying to get support from BlackBerry but no one ever replies to my requests to support. As blend supposed to be a key player with the new blackberry passport for business, I find the complete lack of support coming from BlackBerry a disgrace.

Posted using my FAB Passport. Loving it!
    09-28-14 03:02 AM
    Blend is someone I had earlier with the PlayBook when there was a bridge app that did the same exact thing. I am so glad that it is back because it makes life that much more productive and easier as I am on the computer more hours than I should be.

The passport is the best blackberry they have ever made in my opinion.
    09-28-14 03:16 AM
    I'm having major issues keep a connection live with blend. The pairing procedure seems hit and miss. I've checked everything possible and still can't find a solution. I've spent an age trying to get support from BlackBerry but no one ever replies to my requests to support. As blend supposed to be a key player with the new blackberry passport for business, I find the complete lack of support coming from BlackBerry a disgrace.

Change your network to work or Local. If you have it set to Public it won't work very well. That fixed my problem with file transfer and fixed randomly losing connection in Blend.
    If that doesn't work re install Blend and when it asks you for firewall settings make sure you click Local. I had public clicked but it won't work on that for some reason.
    Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:07 AM
    Change your network to work or Local. If you have it set to Public it won't work very well. That fixed my problem with file transfer and fixed randomly losing connection in Blend.
    If that doesn't work re install Blend and when it asks you for firewall settings make sure you click Local. I had public clicked but it won't work on that for some reason.
    Posted via CB10
    Will give this a shot thanks.

09-29-14 05:03 AM
    Will give this a shot thanks.

So did it work?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:57 AM
    I am absolutely loving BlackBerry Blend! I an using it instead of outlook at work for the week to test it out but I already feel I have my replacement.

It has email, text, BBM, calendar of course but it also has the hub showing it all together like on the phone. BB10 has trained me to expect to be able to access all forms of communication in one place so email on my work computer felt isolated before where as now sitting at my computer I can triage and deal with messages from all my accounts as they come in real time.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly...it brings the Hub concept to your PC!
    09-29-14 10:46 AM
    I just wish you could get to the tasks through blend then it would be perfect !
    09-29-14 10:54 AM
    Blend works -- too darned well. I love it, but now I can't help but thinking why can't I access my apps as well! (Yeah, I do want it all! )
    digitalman101 likes this.
    09-29-14 01:51 PM
    It's great on my surface pro that I use as my main work computer. Ipad seems great too however the iPad app seems to turn off when you move to something else. One the computer it runs in the background. iPad doesn't seem to but overall it's great!
    No surprise since iOS doesn't do true multitaksing.
    vaioman likes this.
    09-29-14 04:11 PM
49 12