Hi I am wondering if any of you have managed to connect Blend on their PC to the Passport using their mobile network. I am on Vodafone in the UK and it doesn't seem to work. I can only connect through wifi at the moment.

I would appreciate it if anyone knows if there is a bug with the latest update or if my mobile settings need changing.
    11-06-14 03:40 PM
    Have you turned on the option to use Mobile data?

Attachment 312676
    Attached Thumbnails Passport - is Blend connecting through your mobile network?-img_20141106_164638.png  
    11-06-14 03:47 PM
    Yes. When that is switched on and I come off wifi I lose the connection all together.
    11-06-14 03:49 PM
    Although, since the update, about once an hour I have to reconnect it. It is and has been working fine over the mobile network for me.
    11-06-14 03:53 PM
    so just to confirm are you using the mobile network on your pc through a hotspot or just a wifi on the pc and the mobile network on the Passport. Please clarify how you are connecting. Thanks!
    11-06-14 03:59 PM
    Blend over a mobile connection has worked for me since I got my Passport. My Passport is on LTE (mobile network) 99% of the time, connects to my computer on my home network (cable broadband) through a router without issue. I only use the Wifi option for transferring large files to save on bandwidth.

BlackBerry | Passport
    11-06-14 04:26 PM
    Sorry don't get it. How does your passport connect to your computer using its mobile network? Or how does blend connect from your pc to your passport if they are on two different networks?
    11-06-14 04:36 PM
    Yes, works fine on ATT here in California
    11-06-14 04:41 PM
    Sorry don't get it. How does your passport connect to your computer using its mobile network? Or how does blend connect from your pc to your passport if they are on two different networks?
    This was possible using BlackBerry Link. Once you associate your computer with your BBID, using Link or Blend, your device can connect to it over the mobile network. It works well, but slower than when on Wifi, as expected.

You will need to enable mobile network connections in Blend's phone settings. Here's a screen shot.

Passport - is Blend connecting through your mobile network?-img_20141106_164238.png

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    11-06-14 04:45 PM
    Hi I am wondering if any of you have managed to connect Blend on their PC to the Passport using their mobile network. I am on Vodafone in the UK and it doesn't seem to work. I can only connect through wifi at the moment.

I would appreciate it if anyone knows if there is a bug with the latest update or if my mobile settings need changing.
    I can't get it working at all.

Am in UK tryna connect to ipad air

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 04:59 PM
    Ok I figure that you can connect the Passport to your pc using your mobile network (through the blend setting) and transfer files that way etc.

However, to access the BB Hub through blend, you will need to be on the same wifi network as your pc. you can't access it through your mobile network. The connection needs to happen through a common wifi. Period.
    11-06-14 05:09 PM

Question: do you see the BlackBerry symbol when you're on your mobile network? Blend requires access to the BlackBerry network in order to work properly, I believe.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 05:12 PM
    Yes I do. This will only allow you to access files from your pc. Your BB Hub will not appear on your desktop if you are not sharing the same wifi connection.
    11-06-14 05:19 PM
    so just to confirm are you using the mobile network on your pc through a hotspot or just a wifi on the pc and the mobile network on the Passport. Please clarify how you are connecting. Thanks!
    Alright, I'm a try to clarify everything for you...

My 2 usage scenarios... At work my Passport is on the mobile network, there is no wifi. My Work computer is connected to cable internet through the company network and firewall. The work computer doesn't use any sort of wireless, it is completely wired. The phone and computer are not on the same network.

At home my Passport is connected through wifi along with my computer. The phone and computer are on the same network.

Blend works fine in both scenarios. Everything is accessible and working, including the Hub, email, texts, BBM, calendar, contacts, and file sharing.

It is my understanding that as long as either of the devices (phone and tablet, phone and computer) have internet access of any kind it should work. This includes using your phone as a mobile hotspot for the second device. I am unsure if internet access is required, most likely not for the USB connection, but I dunno. The one other exception I could see is a very restrictive firewall blocking Blend on the computer side.

Yes I do. This will only allow you to access files from your pc. Your BB Hub will not appear on your desktop if you are not sharing the same wifi connection.
    The Hub should be appearing on your desktop regardless of which networks they are on. As long as they both have internet. Ensure "use mobile network" is turned on per kthhrrsn post.
    eldrover likes this.
    11-06-14 05:23 PM
    Thank you for clarifying. However, what makes no sense is that you cannot connect to blend if your pc and passport are on different wifi networks in the same house. Therefore something does not add up; if it was simply the case that both devices need a internet connection then there would not be a problem in this wifi scenario.
    11-06-14 05:32 PM
    Thank you for clarifying. However, what makes no sense is that you cannot connect to blend if your pc and passport are on different wifi networks in the same house. Therefore something does not add up; if it was simply the case that both devices need a internet connection then there would not be a problem in this wifi scenario.
    As long as both those networks have internet you should be able to connect just fine. Although I wasn't actually in the same house I have connected to Blend while the phone and PC were on 2 completely separate wifi networks.

Also, my wireless router broadcasts 2 wireless networks (2.4 and 5.0ghz). My phones connected to one and my PC is connected to the other.
    11-06-14 05:37 PM
    Thanks; you must have quite a device
    11-06-14 05:48 PM
    Thanks Mirk; I managed to fix it as you described.
    eldrover likes this.
    11-06-14 06:23 PM
    I'm happy to help...
    11-06-14 07:13 PM
    Hi,
    It might be a little late in the day but my initial experience with Blend was that on my work PC blend never quite worked until I realized it was blocked by the AV . It works like a charm on my personal laptop and IPAD as per the two scenarios described in the other post.

Regards,
    Divakar

Gautham
    11-07-14 12:12 AM
    Can't seem to get mine working either.. remote file access too. Maybe a port is blocked or possibly AV?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 01:57 PM