Has anyone tried it yet? I find it amazing!!! My friend mentioned to me about changing the background on BBM, contacts and calender to black theme.

According to my battery monitor, I noticed my % usage has dropped for screen and BBM, therefore extending battery life. My BBM goes through heavy usage.

In addition to that come new update we will be able to change the phone theme to black, to me this is great news considering for some people a darker theme is less strain on the eyes.

What are your thoughts on this?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:01 PM
    I have always used the dark theme from the min its been available, just can't wait for hub to e black.
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-03-14 08:05 PM
    When my friend told about the hub, I went crazy. I can't wait!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:06 PM
    Has anyone tried it yet? I find it amazing!!! My friend mentioned to me about changing the background on BBM, contacts and calender to black theme.

According to my battery monitor, I noticed my % usage has dropped for screen and BBM, therefore extending battery life. My BBM goes through heavy usage.

In addition to that come new update we will be able to change the phone theme to black, to me this is great news considering for some people a darker theme is less strain on the eyes.

What are your thoughts on this?

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:06 PM
    Thank you!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:11 PM
    Absolutely. All themes on my Passport are black to reduce eye strain.
    I know everyone keeps whining but HUB in black would be great.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    12-03-14 08:39 PM
    I can't get my address dark background setting to stick. The setting always reverts back to white.

3.1 1151 OS

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:45 PM
    I can't get my address dark background setting to stick. The setting always reverts back to white.

3.1 1151 OS

Posted via CB10
    Known issue. I had the same problem. Usually happens if you used a backup from another device and transferred to your new passport.

I wiped my passport of the original install from backup. Then did a clean install from scratch and now dark theme works in contacts.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:47 PM
    That's exactly what I did. I switched from the Q10 to the Passport and restored my backup.
    Thanks.
    12-04-14 11:06 AM
    Hello,

I can't set the dark theme in the settings menu, any help, please'
    I have a Passport.

Thank you
    12-11-14 09:59 AM
    When will the HUB go all black?

"Posted from the Beast PP"
    12-11-14 11:12 AM
    Hello,

I can't set the dark theme in the settings menu, any help, please'
    I have a Passport.

Thank you
    You can't, black theme isn't available on the Passport in settings.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 01:00 PM
    I have always used the dark theme from the min its been available, just can't wait for hub to e black.
    I would also like the Hub to be the black theme, after having the calendar and my contacts with the black theme, I have got used to it and I love it.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-11-14 01:06 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 01:07 PM
    Imo passport look better with bright screen.

Passport
    12-11-14 04:16 PM
    I also switch from black to white on my passport

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 05:19 PM
    The Passport doesn't use OLED so shouldn't have any difference in terms of power usage compared to black or white. The Q10 does.

Correct me if I am wrong

- Charles
    12-11-14 11:27 PM
    I don't know anything about writing programs or apps but I'm really surprised some developer hasn't come up with something to turn the hub or even maybe a system wide setting to turn everything to a black theme...I don't often pay for apps but that is one that I wouldn't mind shelling out a few dollars for!!! Beats waiting all this time for BlackBerry to get it done!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 02:55 AM
    LCD screens consume more power to produce black than white. If you were using an AMOLED screen, then the "dark" themes would be more energy efficient. But not on the Passport's LCD screen: you're better off using the "light" themes.

http://www.seanmichaelragan.com/html/[2009-03-26]_Power_use_of_white_vs_black_screens_in_LCDs_and_C RTs.shtml

And

http://www.quora.com/Does-a-white-ba...s-set-to-black

And

http://www.howtogeek.com/131823/htg-...obile-devices/

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    12-12-14 03:58 AM
    LCD screens consume more power to produce black than white. If you were using an AMOLED screen, then the "dark" themes would be more energy efficient. But not on the Passport's LCD screen: you're better off using the "light" themes.

http://www.seanmichaelragan.com/html/[2009-03-26]_Power_use_of_white_vs_black_screens_in_LCDs_and_C RTs.shtml

And

http://www.quora.com/Does-a-white-ba...s-set-to-black

And

http://www.howtogeek.com/131823/htg-...obile-devices/

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    I'll take slightly less battery life for greatly reduced eyestrain any day. Give people the option. It's all about comfort and efficiency. And I work better with dark themes on my phone. Period.

Or if BlackBerry can figure out how to dim the screen low, it might not be quite so necessary. iPhones can get nice and dim, so a dark theme is less relevant.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:57 PM
    I'll take slightly less battery life for greatly reduced eyestrain any day. Give people the option. It's all about comfort and efficiency. And I work better with dark themes on my phone. Period.

Or if BlackBerry can figure out how to dim the screen low, it might not be quite so necessary. iPhones can get nice and dim, so a dark theme is less relevant.

Posted via CB10
    That's a very fair position to take. I agree, even as max dimness, if the lights are off, the Passport can have a harsh effect on the eyes, in part due to its huge display.

12-19-14 02:13 AM