I only previously saw it in pictures.

I saw it yesterday in person and held it next to my Q10.

I think the Passport would be awkward to text/email with if you have small hands.

Last edited by bigballofyarn; 04-25-15 at 07:19 AM.
    04-25-15 06:45 AM
    Nope, not at all. I went from the Q10 to the PP and I could never go back. The Passport is amazing. Took me about a week to get use to the size and keypad. Joy joy joy!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:23 AM
    Yeah. It indeed needs a bit of getting used to. The hands need to adjust. One's thumbs might get cramped a bit with prolonged use, but once ye get used to this "initiation process", the rest is a blast. Alternatively, one could try to use the Classic, instead. It's basically the smaller version of passport. IMHO, yo.

Either way, it's a great experience having a BlackBerry , especially BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:24 AM
    It will take some real getting used to, I'm on my third week and only just started getting comfortable with it. Definitely a two hand device though.

The q10 feels too claustrophobic now, the z10 on the other hand feels more appropriate for one handed usage.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:31 AM
    I found it big in the beginning. After a few weeks, you will see it is the perfect size! I bet some people would like to have even a bigger Passport!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:34 AM
    My hands adjusted to the size of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:08 AM
    I went from the passport to the leap personally it was to big for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:10 AM
    From Q10 to a Passport too, well sort of as I keep using my Q10 for mobility as it is easier to handle (pick it out of the pocket and check with one hand etc. ).
    But once you are used to it, you associate it to a 2 hands use then it is a great phablet (and I ditched my ipad and mainly use my Passport for confortable browsing).

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:22 AM
    Passport is just splendid, by any stretch of imagination.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:22 AM
    If you think it was big like that, put it in an Otterbox-like case and hold it in your hands. It's an absolute brick and I love it. It took me a couple days for my hands to get used to it. It's definitely a two-hand device. I've had the PP for about two weeks now and I don't even think about it anymore.
    As a side note what I found interesting was when I first receiving my PP, after using it for a few hours I picked up my previous device (Z30), and it strangely felt like I was holding a popsicle stick. The comment about wanting a bigger Passport may ring true with this user.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:33 AM
    Definitely has an adjustment period, but it's a blast once you get used to it. I got the hang of it in around 2 days, and have been loving it ever since.

You just gotta remember that this phone is meant to be used with two hands most of the time, which could be awkward for most people who are used to one-handed touch screen keyboards. Once you get used to pulling the phone out of your pocket with one hand, and then supporting the other half with your other hand, it'll feel totally natural.
    04-25-15 09:33 AM
    I switched to the Passport from a 2nd Gen Moto X. The first week I kept thinking.... Oh my what have I done....

2-3 of using the passport and I love it. My opinion now- you can have my Passport when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Things I like the most:
    Battery life
    Keyboard
    Wide display

I have large hands. I thinks smaller hands would make for a better user experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:12 AM
    2-3 of using the passport and I love it. My opinion now- you can have my Passport when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Posted via CB10
    You know, someone might actually try it...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:18 AM
    Looks like I would like the width even if it were a VKB phone which they probably won't make but my carrier doesn't have it so I guess I'll never know.
    04-25-15 10:28 AM
    I was in the same boat mate. You just have to give yourself a little time to get used to. Remember it's a new type of phone and your reflex actions are not used to it. The typing will come to you if you stay persistent and do not jump between devices.

I started getting the hang of the device round about the month period. After that I couldn't go back to BlackBerry Classic either. The touch surfaces were no where near to the experience.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-25-15 10:39 AM
    After a few days, all other phones are awkward to hold and to use
    Passport. No returning back!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:39 AM
    Rubbish it's perfect for texting

Posted via BBPP
    04-25-15 11:14 AM
    Size matters

Posted via my AT&T BlackBerry Passport
    04-25-15 11:19 AM
    After a few days, all other phones are awkward to hold and to use
    Passport. No returning back!

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I have a cheap unlocked Samsung GT-C3520BLK GSM flip phone as a backup that width at about exactly half of Passport and height at about its 3/4 when closed. It's a feature phone with limited multi-media and soc-med and a puny 1.3 mp camera. I believe it's a Java phone. I use it in tandem with the Passport, since I utilize Passport mainly for working on my translation jobs and client networking, and rarely for phone calls (somewhat still feels ridiculous holding a brick sized phone to my ear to call people. Heh.)

My point is, I like to hold them both. Some days I even like holding the flip phone BETTER. There's a certain feeling--difficult to explain, holding a flip phone, regardless of it's being a device with severely limited capabilities.

Passport is--of course, still waaaay better in everything, and I love it dearly (otherwise I wouldn't have wasted so much money to buy it), but that's irrelevant.
    04-25-15 11:21 AM
    At first the Passport looks enormous. Once I had it in my hands, which are small hands by the way, I was such a solid device I couldn't put it down. It really didn't take more than a week for it to look normal to me and for all other phones to look small.

Anyone else have the feeling when you first got it that you fell in love with its weirdness? I wanted to show this phone off so bad because it looks so different.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:39 AM
    The only thing the Passport size keeps me from doing are things I shouldn't do anyway. Example, lack of one handedness makes texting and driving very difficult...you shouldn't do that anyway! Other than things like, the size doesn't get in the way. The pros far outweigh the cons.

04-25-15 12:22 PM
    Took me three days to get used to it. Don't even notice the size now.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:23 PM
    I wish that BlackBerry would make a new Passport with more ram, bigger battery, and a wider+longer screen. I've worked wide and now I want to work wider

Working Wide with my Passport to Perfection
    beamolite and J_Hooks like this.
    04-25-15 12:42 PM
    The only thing the Passport size keeps me from doing are things I shouldn't do anyway. Example, lack of one handedness makes texting and driving very difficult...you shouldn't do that anyway! Other than things like, the size doesn't get in the way. The pros far outweigh the cons.

Totally relate to this, but it's meant I've started using blackberry assistant to my advantage, with 4G I don't have any issues with delayed responses.

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 likes this.
    04-25-15 01:23 PM
    It definitely taking some getting used to before accepting the form factor.

Especially if you have been using phones that are with 5" or less screen.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    04-26-15 08:26 AM
30 12