I have the same issue with the android version. It began when I updated the app, not when I installed the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, that's good to know. I think I updated both around the same time, but the Android app has been updated twice since I first got the problem -- most recently today. It's too bad because the Android app really is, or was, better.
    04-08-15 06:20 PM
    Guys, where to download Google Maps as you mention? It's a free version or need to pay?

Posted via Blackberry Classic
    04-08-15 08:41 PM
    Thanks, that's good to know. I think I updated both around the same time, but the Android app has been updated twice since I first got the problem -- most recently today. It's too bad because the Android app really is, or was, better.
    Yeah I miss the android version too. Loved how the track pad on my passport worked for scrolling, unlike the BlackBerry world version. Also for the One Year Bible reading program the Android version was way more user friendly. Only issue I had with it was it would not work with bluetooth so I couldn't listen in the car. I would always use my BlackBerry world app for that.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 11:08 PM
    Same here. Stuck between Android version gone and native won't fetch half completed plan.
    Have they made Google Play services a part of it?
    For me, that updated app with strange shapes on icon not only stopped function but also hanged my passport!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 08:35 PM
    It doesn't seem to be a Play Services issue, although I can't be sure. When it's Play Services there's usually a pop-up asking for it. The app just doesn't load at all.

The browser version works okay for basic reading, but it doesn't have a lot of features.
    04-13-15 06:09 PM
    Last Sunday, while attending a mass, the priest mentioned about Gospel, Luke 16:19-31. So then, I pulled out my BlackBerry Passport, open the Bible App to look for the verse when I saw the priest looking at me, just a little bit furious. I would like to tell him that I'm using my Passport to see and read the Bible verse he mentioned but I guess it wouldn't change his perception. So, I returned my Passport back to my jacket...

Posted via CB10
    Years ago, I had similar issues with my Pastor's staff. I've since become part of the staff and people have gotten used to always seeing me with some piece of tech. And my present pastor uses an iPad to diagram some of his sermon points. But, at first, it was winning people over, one explanation at a time.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 07:04 PM
    Anyway, I have a number of Bible apps on my devices. I go mostly with Android versions, sometimes because of added features, but often because any notes can sync between devices..
    Perhaps you can help me out, for the last 10 years I used Beiks Study Bible which doesn't have an OS10 version so I am losing years worth of notes. However, the feature I most miss are the hierarchical bookmarks which let me put bookmarks in folders. This let me put say funeral verses together, tithes and offering verses etc...

Do you know of any bibles that have hierarchical bookmarks? Verse notes would also be nice and if they could sync to my Ipad would be a huge bonus.But the ability to put bookmarks in folders is an absolute must have since that's how I preach/teach when using my device. This Sunday I used Bible Gateway with only the 3 verses I planed to use in the favorites but I'm accustomed to being prepared for any occasion or situation between the favorites and notes in my phone.

And as for people looking at you funny, how about the preacher preaching from his phone? I had to show one of my members my verse notes since they thought I was reading text while preaching ROFL...
    04-13-15 10:27 PM
    Perhaps you can help me out, for the last 10 years I used Beiks Study Bible which doesn't have an OS10 version so I am losing years worth of notes. However, the feature I most miss are the hierarchical bookmarks which let me put bookmarks in folders. This let me put say funeral verses together, tithes and offering verses etc...

Do you know of any bibles that have hierarchical bookmarks? Verse notes would also be nice and if they could sync to my Ipad would be a huge bonus.But the ability to put bookmarks in folders is an absolute must have since that's how I preach/teach when using my device. This Sunday I used Bible Gateway with only the 3 verses I planed to use in the favorites but I'm accustomed to being prepared for any occasion or situation between the favorites and notes in my phone.

And as for people looking at you funny, how about the preacher preaching from his phone? I had to show one of my members my verse notes since they thought I was reading text while preaching ROFL...
    I tend toward Tecarta Bible to take notes in service. And Olivetree for cross platform study, e-Sword, BibleWorks, and WordSearch on Windows.
    Soapm likes this.
    04-14-15 01:00 PM
    I tend toward Tecarta Bible to take notes in service. And Olivetree for cross platform study, e-Sword, BibleWorks, and WordSearch on Windows.
    I learned how to make bookmark folders in Tecarta and the bookmarks and notes sync with my iPad so looks like we have a winner for now. I wished they had an online version to make pasting in notes easier but I guess no solution is perfect. This is something I can definitely live with.

Thanks...
    04-15-15 12:25 AM
    I learned how to make bookmark folders in Tecarta and the bookmarks and notes sync with my iPad so looks like we have a winner for now. I wished they had an online version to make pasting in notes easier but I guess no solution is perfect. This is something I can definitely live with.

Thanks...
    Glad I could point you toward something that works for you. BTW the "more thoughts" link is my Bible oriented blog. You might find it interesting.
    04-16-15 11:20 PM
    Glad I could point you toward something that works for you. BTW the "more thoughts" link is my Bible oriented blog. You might find it interesting.
    Thanks, I had already stopped by and am still intrigued with this quote...

Code:
    When we're one with the mind of God, we don't get rid of what we fear, we evangelize it.
    I've been pondering that thought since I read it and I hope you don't mind but I have a feeling my folks will hear a version of that this Sunday...

Keep up the good kingdom work...
    04-17-15 12:35 AM
    Thanks, I had already stopped by and am still intrigued with this quote...

Code:
    When we're one with the mind of God, we don't get rid of what we fear, we evangelize it.
    I've been pondering that thought since I read it and I hope you don't mind but I have a feeling my folks will hear a version of that this Sunday...

Keep up the good kingdom work...
    Hope they have. And glad some of what I've shared spoke to you.
    04-20-15 08:56 AM
    I use the YouVersion Bible app as well. Would recommend for sure.

From a Classic
    04-20-15 11:02 AM
    Installed it. It works.

I'd give it 4.5/5 for the display and interface.
    Can't judge the content.
    I don't know how fast it would find the section you want, I guess it depends on the availability on your device (downloaded earlier and saved to the device) and network (if the download has to be in the chruch, you should have 3G-4G)
    I found this ammusing... haha

"Judge not..."

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-20-15 11:08 AM
    Android Youversion Bible app works again on OS 10.3.2!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 09:26 AM
    Android Youversion Bible app works again on OS 10.3.2!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for letting us know.
    06-16-15 11:43 AM
66 123