First at all, i'd like to thank BlackBerry for awesome device, the best, the one and the only, Passport. Since I owned it for about 6 weeks ago, I am amazed how much it can do every day. So I decided to write it down to share with my dear family at CrackBerry, to whom I owe a lot. There are always wonderful people ready to guide me through whenever I had any questions.

The very few moment when I laid my eyes on Passport. I said to myself, oh no! I don't want it! It is too wide! The keyboard is different to the 9900 and Q10. However, it only took a few weeks for me to adjust. Now, I would argue Passport is exactly the size it should be. No sir, it is not too wide. It looks perfect. The keyboard is perfect. Nothing I can think of to make it better.

As English is not my native language, it is a struggle for me to study ESV version of Bible. With Passport, I downloaded Youversion of Bible. I bought kindle Version of Lutheran Study Bible. And I downloaded "Faith come through hearing" version of audio ESV Old Testament and New Testament through Amazon Music. Now I can listen to the audio book, while reading Kindle, and check out Youversion Bible in my native language. The screen of Passport is awesome. My eyes never got tired. The sound of Passport is crystal clear. The battery of Passport lasts forever.

After a while, I was considering the latest 6" Kindle which was launched a few days ago. But then I realized one thing I can not do if I switch to Kindle, and that is to copy and paste and share my notes. With everything on Passport, I can do it with my fingers quickly.

I also downloaded several dictionaries through Amazon appstore. From time to time they gave out those big volume dictionaries for free.

I got a 64G SD card inserted. It is more than enough. So I don't even need to buy 128G SD card.

I don't need a case. The device is so robust. I dropped it one. It only gave me minor scratches on the steel. Without heavy leather case, Passport weights perfect in my hands. Not too heavy, not too light.

The camera is perfect. I took a picture of the book shelves of library, or a page of book, and I can read it to great details.

When I browse and find something interesting, I press volume keys and take a snapshot of my screen. And save it. It can never be simpler than that.

I use Google Map. Passport is the most awesome GPS for my car!

The list goes on and on and I will be running off topics. So let me conclude with a statement: This is a greatest device in human history. Way to go, BlackBerry!

With Thanksgiving,

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:04 PM
    Happy for you sir!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:11 PM
    Nice. There are also a lot of very good online resources for that type of thing. Try googling 'online bible study companion' or something like that

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:54 PM
    Anyone know if e-Mmanuel bible app is released for Passport?

OP look for it, you'll be impressed. Free version and paid version, allows two bible versions on the same screen, and has bibles in several languages available for download. You could have ESV and a native language on screen at the same time.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    rcab likes this.
    11-28-14 11:02 PM
    The Android LDS Gospel Library app works really well, and you can annotate it (write your own notes, and highlight portions) with online cloud support. Obviously, it is geared towards Mormons. But they do have the king James Bible version contained in it with one of the best topical guides. It is free and works well with the Android runtime. I would give it a try!
    geomun likes this.
    11-28-14 11:03 PM
    I might also add I believe LDS Gospel Library has other language support.
    11-28-14 11:05 PM
    The Bible app in Blackberry App World seems decent enough.
    - Choose from hundreds of Bible versions in many languages. • Offline Bibles let you read even when you don't have network access. • Listen to God's Word with audio Bibles (online only). And made for the Passport.
    Bible - BlackBerry World

Also, I thought Olive Tree (https://www.olivetree.com/blackberry/) was still a good resource?
    11-29-14 03:29 AM
    Anyone know if e-Mmanuel bible app is released for Passport?

OP look for it, you'll be impressed. Free version and paid version, allows two bible versions on the same screen, and has bibles in several languages available for download. You could have ESV and a native language on screen at the same time.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    I used e-Mmanuel Bible app on BlackBerry PlayBook. It was very nice! I will search for an Android version and try it on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:40 AM
    The Android LDS Gospel Library app works really well, and you can annotate it (write your own notes, and highlight portions) with online cloud support. Obviously, it is geared towards Mormons. But they do have the king James Bible version contained in it with one of the best topical guides. It is free and works well with the Android runtime. I would give it a try!
    Thanks for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 06:42 AM
    The Bible app in Blackberry App World seems decent enough.
    - Choose from hundreds of Bible versions in many languages. � Offline Bibles let you read even when you don't have network access. � Listen to God's Word with audio Bibles (online only). And made for the Passport.
    Bible - BlackBerry World

Also, I thought Olive Tree (https://www.olivetree.com/blackberry/) was still a good resource?
    The Bible app in Blackberry app World is the one I installed. Probably the best.

I also tried the Olivetree, according to your link. I installed the android version. It works fine.

Posted via CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    11-29-14 06:53 AM
    The Android version of YouVersion works better than the native version on the Passport (or Q10). For example, text notes don't display correctly on the Passport; they don't scroll. I wrote months ago to ask whether the native BB10 version would be updated but got no reply.
    11-29-14 07:04 AM
    The Android version of YouVersion works better than the native version on the Passport (or Q10). For example, text notes don't display correctly on the Passport; they don't scroll. I wrote months ago to ask whether the native BB10 version would be updated but got no reply.
    They also left out other features like YouVersion Live, etc, which are available in the android version.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 08:09 AM
    I highly recommend AndBible for Android for Bible study. It uses the SWORD project resources, meaning thousands of dollars of out-of-copyright resources that you can use to increase your understanding of the Scriptures. The Lord bless you!
    11-29-14 08:10 AM
    Youversion has a billion versions in a billion languages
    11-29-14 08:18 AM
    E-Mannuel is great. It was a very sluggish app in the past but it has gotten a lot better with the latest version.

You might also be interested in youversion and it's ability to play audio of what you are actually listening too. For instance, if you are reading Romans 1, there will be an audio button and ut will play along as you read.
    The only downside is that it only streams, you can't download it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:40 AM
    They also left out other features like YouVersion Live, etc, which are available in the android version.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tips on the Android version. My Church uses the YouVersion Live feature and scrolling is perfect for this app.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:15 AM
    There are also a lot of resources. As instructed by my pastor, I go to iTune/iTunes Store/iTune U on my laptop, and search for "Concordia Seminary", choose "see all", it will show results for "Concordia seminary", with tons and tons of on line courses for free. I spent couple hours downloading "Old Testament - Content and History" to my laptop. 28 videos. And I connected my Passport to my laptop, and copy those files to my cell phone. Really it is a very easy process. I can carry them with me where I go.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:51 PM
    I highly recommend AndBible for Android for Bible study. It uses the SWORD project resources, meaning thousands of dollars of out-of-copyright resources that you can use to increase your understanding of the Scriptures. The Lord bless you!
    I will check it out! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:52 PM
    I know you have already seen this with multiple posts but You Version android works great. You can download using Snap which needs to be sideloaded.
    This phone truly lends itself to bible study with the wide form factor.
    You can also use Remember for note taking.
    Blessings
    And Merry Christmas

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    11-29-14 11:01 PM
    I know you have already seen this with multiple posts but You Version android works great. You can download using Snap which needs to be sideloaded.
    This phone truly lends itself to bible study with the wide form factor.
    You can also use Remember for note taking.
    Blessings
    And Merry Christmas

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    I totally agree. God bless you

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:22 AM
    How does Gospel Library run on the passport? I'm running the Android version on my Z10, and it is about 20 times slower navigating through it than on a friend's basic Android phone. Just trying to figure out if it's just my hardware, or if I'll always have to deal with this while using my BlackBerry with the Android player. I can't use this at church, since it's so slow, taking about a minute to find one scripture or hymn, and having to tap 'wait' a time or two when I get the message that says that the program is not responding. Embarrassing. I am running a recent leak - 10.3.1.2072.
    02-26-15 07:50 AM
    I'm not a Mormon, so I don't know about that particular app. But I have several Android Bible apps on my Passport. None run slowly.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 06:05 PM
    Same here. No comments/experiences on Gospel library. I use Kindle on Passport, as well as Youversion Bible, etc, and downloaded audio book from Amazon Music. I was able to finish the Bible, Lutheran Study Bible version in 4 months, when I traveled between Asia and US. Passport is unbelievable useful.

After this, I finally bought (Kindle) Fire HDX 8.9. Technology is great.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:25 PM
    I'll test it for you!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2243; Germany.
    02-26-15 10:05 PM
    Installed it. It works.
    The screen is "big". You have a good size of font and icons. The reading is comfortable. I don't need to zoom. It is better to read on this than my .pdf scientific papers. Comparable with my kindle App on my 6.8" HTC tablet!

Turning in landscape permit you to scroll just by swiping the thum on the vertical keyboard row and the screen is very responsive

I'd give it 4.5/5 for the display and interface.
    Can't judge the content.
    I don't know how fast it would find the section you want, I guess it depends on the availability on your device (downloaded earlier and saved to the device) and network (if the download has to be in the chruch, you should have 3G-4G)

Nice app!

Here follow screenshots. I am willing to post further screen shots/test a function for you, on demand (please ask soon, I'd delete in about one week, because I don't really use it)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2243; Germany.
    02-26-15 10:17 PM
66 123