Was just analyzing my passport a bit when I was cleaning it and something didn't look right, seemed ever so slightly warped. I placed the phone flat on a table and used my finger to push down on the top left of the screen and no movement, when I pushed down on the top right of the screen I found it moved a bit and when I measured was just over a quarter of an inch gap between the phone and the table when it's lying flat.

I keep the phone in my back pocket and don't recall ever sitting on it, but must have. Either way: I have come to the conclusion that the passport can and will bend. Note this was not a manufacturing defect as it wasn't like this when I got it..

For those who post 'all phones will bend depending on stress and circumstance'.. I do understand this but hoped the solid build of the pp would prevent this from happening so easily...

8310 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport ftw
    early2bed likes this.
    12-08-14 02:20 PM
    ... when I measured was just over a quarter of an inch gap between the phone and the table when it's lying flat.

0.25" = 6.3mm

The passport is only 9.3mm thick... if what your saying is true, and your passport is "bent" by a quarter of an inch, you would notice it even while holding it let alone rocking it on a table... OR you just don't know how to measure...

Either way, anything can bend that's a given, materials have a yield point where they cannot return to their original shape...

Your story is fishy though... pictures will prove everything you are saying without a reasonable doubt

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 02:30 PM
    Here we go again. What would possess anyone to put a 700.00 device in their back pocket is beyond me. Nevertheless, an expensive lesson learned...maybe!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    Last edited by Carjackd; 12-08-14 at 03:55 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-08-14 02:38 PM
    Here we go again. What would possess anyone to put a 700.00 device in their back pocket is beyond me. Nevertheless, an expensive lesson learned...maybe!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    I sometimes put it in my back pocket. It's made out if steel. The passport won't bend

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:16 PM
    The Passport bends! The Passport bends!!

Well, so does steel beams!,...and railroad tracks scorching heat,...and pro football players' forearms,...and oak trees and so on....

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:20 PM
    There are other threads around here about the Passport bending, one even with pretty graphic photographic evidence. It must take quite a bit to bend it, but it sure seems to eventually deform.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 03:27 PM
    I sometimes put it in my back pocket. It's made out if steel. The passport won't bend

Posted via CB10

The passport bends!!-tumblr_m5654llgkp1r01mi1o1_500.jpg

bungaboy likes this.
    12-08-14 03:45 PM
    Was just analyzing my passport a bit when I was cleaning it and something didn't look right, seemed ever so slightly warped. I placed the phone flat on a table and used my finger to push down on the top left of the screen and no movement, when I pushed down on the top right of the screen I found it moved a bit and when I measured was just over a quarter of an inch gap between the phone and the table when it's lying flat.

I keep the phone in my back pocket and don't recall ever sitting on it, but must have. Either way: I have come to the conclusion that the passport can and will bend. Note this was not a manufacturing defect as it wasn't like this when I got it..

For those who post 'all phones will bend depending on stress and circumstance'.. I do understand this but hoped the solid build of the pp would prevent this from happening so easily...

That's odd. A dozen day's ago you posted:

11-27-2014, 07:36 PM
    Post #155

"Agreed, I've sat on mine probably 50+ times with no issues"

The passport bends!!-royalwchz.jpg

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11117040

Did you forget?
    12-08-14 03:45 PM
    That's odd. A dozen day's ago you posted:

11-27-2014, 07:36 PM
    Post #155

"Agreed, I've sat on mine probably 50+ times with no issues"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoyalWChz.JPG 
Views:	880 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	319505

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post11117040

Did you forget?
    Nice find!

bungaboy likes this.
    12-08-14 03:49 PM
    Oh snap!
    12-08-14 03:55 PM
    Let's keep the discussion in one place, with this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pocket-978744/

Many here are already well aware of that original thread.

Thanks
    12-08-14 03:57 PM