Does BBM now allow for anyone who obtains your pin who is using BBM to chat with you PRIOR to accepting their invite o_0

I ask because, I received a BBM on my Passport and it read:

"There are BBM contacts and there are Contacts"

Contacts are people in your devices contacts who are using BBM. With contacts no invite is required if they are using the latest verison of BBM etc."

The issue is, this person is NOT in my device's contacts o_0 so why is it saying they are a contact.

Can anyone explain lol
    11-03-16 02:26 PM
    That's just BBM's message encouraging you to allow it to go through your contacts looking for ones who possibly might have BBM. You can safely ignore that message.
    11-03-16 02:35 PM
    That's just BBM's message encouraging you to allow it to go through your contacts looking for ones who possibly might have BBM. You can safely ignore that message.
    I don't understand, this person did not send me a BBM invitation nor are they in my device contacts so how are they are to directly send me a message o_0

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 02:42 PM
    "There are BBM contacts and there are Contacts"

This is just a typical statement on BBM itself (and not an individual). It wants you to give it access to your contacts to incorporate potential BBM users into the mix. Sorry, I cannot explain it further.
    11-04-16 08:37 AM
    Well you're lucky a stranger non bbm contact didn't BB10 video called you from their Playbook yet.... Happened with me and it scared the hell out of me.
    11-04-16 12:29 PM