Hello I wanted to know if there are any independent trusted cell phone repair shops in the Baltimore/D.C. area that can refurbish a Passport. The reason I ask is because my carrier doesn't carry BlackBerry products and all the name brand carriers don't work on Passports anymore. Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been addressed already.
    01-11-20 06:42 AM
    Hello I wanted to know if there are any independent trusted cell phone repair shops in the Baltimore/D.C. area that can refurbish a Passport. The reason I ask is because my carrier doesn't carry BlackBerry products and all the name brand carriers don't work on Passports anymore. Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been addressed already.
    It would be cheaper to buy a good used one.

What is wrong with it?
    01-11-20 10:40 AM
    That's how I obtained the one I have and the battery is only holding a charge for about 1/2 day and I wanted to get someone to put a new one in and go over the internals for me. Yes I can just get another but I am attached to this one and it took me 3 years to finally get it.
    01-11-20 11:06 AM
    That's how I obtained the one I have and the battery is only holding a charge for about 1/2 day and I wanted to get someone to put a new one in and go over the internals for me. Yes I can just get another but I am attached to this one and it took me 3 years to finally get it.
    It's not that difficult to change out the battery. You can check out YouTube for that and there are fellow CBer's here such as @yAmmaHammer who are experienced who would offer more info.
    Radoslav Valkov likes this.
    01-11-20 11:28 AM
    01-11-20 12:15 PM
    Perfect, lol ........I was looking for that!
    01-11-20 12:17 PM
    Perfect, lol ........I was looking for that!
    Because the battery has adhesive under it it will take patients to remove and strategic grips to the frame for support while pulling and prying. Just take your time and to be honest a quick blow-dryer heat up would be beneficial just before removing.
    Likely the battery will not be usable afterwards due to the pliable nature of the materials it's made of. You may get lucky though.
    01-11-20 01:02 PM
    honest a quick blow-dryer heat
    Yep - I've found the hair dryer to be very helpful when softening up that adhesive and patience is important. Do not rush through the steps.
    01-11-20 01:46 PM
    I have also changed mine. The hair dryer makes it much easier, just don't add too much heat. I removed mine with patience, slowly lifting a little while prying all around it without heat, didn't take long. Just don't pry too heavily or you could damage the screen. Watch the tear down videos and you will be good to go! Easy install. Just take your time. Good luck,

Posted via my Passport
    01-11-20 04:11 PM