Pissed. Traveled for first time with this. Battery stone dead by 4pm after an overnight charge. Unplugged at 7am. Used it a lot, but that's what it's for. Back to the Z10 for me when I travel. Pocket full of batteries and I'm good.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 06:07 PM
    I suggest ordering a handful of battery doors for the Z10 because it'll come down soon (since you seem to be changing batteries often).
    11-24-14 06:23 PM
    Pissed. Traveled for first time with this. Battery stone dead by 4pm after an overnight charge. Unplugged at 7am. Used it a lot, but that's what it's for. Back to the Z10 for me when I travel. Pocket full of batteries and I'm good.

Posted via CB10
    something is wrong. it should last more than 1 day of HEAVY use
    geekaren likes this.
    11-24-14 06:26 PM
    Yeah something's clearly not right. By nearly all accounts this isn't typical.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 06:34 PM
    I would kill my Z10 in a day, but cannot kill the passport. My Z30 was great also. But the passport is waaaaaay better.
    So you may have a problem. Was the phone warm?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 06:37 PM
    Still need more details... it's not clear exactly why the device died so soon, under 12 hours. Use you say is "heavy" but what about connections like BT, WIFI, NFC and hotspot? What about connection quality? (<-- a major factor)

These are the things we need to know in order to make a better statement about battery life.
    11-25-14 03:33 PM
    I get an average 18 hours, and I am using it nearly constant. Something was up with your device when you did the trip. Were you flying?

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    11-25-14 03:42 PM
    Flying. Wi-fi on the plane for one 2 hour leg waiting on critical emails. Games to pass the time on both 2 hours flights, also playing MP3's. Heavy emailing during layovers. Phone definitely warm. No sudden drops in battery level. This usage would have taken out 2-3 of my Z10 batteries.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 04:09 PM
    Take a look at this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=977712

Or one of the many others with fixes for poor battery life.

My bet is you restored from Link, didn't you? It's the #1 battery killer on new OS installs and new devices..

And to be clear, with way more extreme use I'm getting 22+ hour battery life on average (and this has been for two months, don't think it's a fluke)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-25-14 04:13 PM
    The only way I can put a dent in my battery is by playing intensive 3d games. On the weekend, I played retroarch (playstation) for about 4 hours. I was deliberately trying to drain the battery. The PP out lasted me. Managed about 60% drop - hence a full battery would give about 7 hours of full on gaming. So for you to drop 100% in 11 hours (7am till 4pm) you must be hammering the thing! I would normally go off charge around 6am, and back on around midnight - still 30+% left.

There is either a problem (apps in the background, low network reconnection etc), or I'm impressed with your usage I thought I was a power user......I hand my title to you
    11-25-14 04:47 PM
    16 hours off charger had 60% left used it all day for business i have never been happier with mine.
    11-25-14 04:52 PM
    Flying. Wi-fi on the plane for one 2 hour leg waiting on critical emails. Games to pass the time on both 2 hours flights, also playing MP3's. Heavy emailing during layovers. Phone definitely warm. No sudden drops in battery level. This usage would have taken out 2-3 of my Z10 batteries.

Posted via CB10
    We're the games perchance android apps? Or android ports? As well, what was your screen brightness at? Was your phone searching for a network signal the whole flight, or was it in airplane mode, with Wifi then enabled?

I had my Z10 for a year, and never had a phone with crappier battery. I'm shocked you're extolling it's battery superiority so much.

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    11-25-14 05:31 PM
    My battery life used to be great. Now it's dropping below 50% by Noon, and I'm having to keep it plugged in at my desk.
    (I have a Passport, running on 10.3.1.158.)
    Really hoping the new OS upgrade will help, whenever AT&T releases it. Not willing to risk bricking my phone by attempting to
    side load an upgrade.
    04-15-15 09:20 AM