Hi everyone,

I unpluged my BlackBerry Passport today at 10 AM and until 3 PM my battery was 0% and i was sleeping all this time and it says that the display is consuming 47% of the battery.Also the phone heats up sometimes. I have 10.3.2.2836 software version.

Can anyone help me, please? I kinda need this phone's battery haha
    04-11-17 07:41 AM
    Run all of the hardware tests in BlackBerry Virtual Expert, then try restoring the OS in Link or via an autoloader. But if the display is consuming battery whilst it's turned off, coulld be you have a faulty display, battery, or both.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 07:54 AM
    Sorry, says the system is consuming 47% of the battery. My bad, sorry.
    Passport battery draining fast without using it-img_20170411_160352.png

Posted via CB10
    Asuhmiaseh likes this.
    04-11-17 08:04 AM
    Two things strike me about that screenshot: 1. That is a very high level of battery use for 'system'. 2. Your charge time is extremely long.

Are you doing anything with the core OS that might account for the high battery consumption? A lot of file handling?

What charger are you using? Charge time will be high for low output (<750ma) chargers, but in your case I think it's just a function of the very high ongoing battery consumption during charging.

Have you rebooted the phone? Used the volume-key hard reset?

Try running for a while without your SD card or SIM card in - one of those might be the cause of the intense system activity. Failing that, though, I think you will need a fresh OS install - don't restore from backup, in case you reintroduce the problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 08:30 AM
    Be interesting to see the SYSTEM power usage charts in isolation (obtained by select SYSTEM on you picture, and then the corresponding CPU , and also looking at STORAGE characteristics, and MEMORY characteristics), take a snapshot of that, the various characteristics how long it stays at 47%, momentary or prolonged.
    Some thoughts:
    Running an intensive app making heavy demand on system calls?
    Is it constant?, Does it correspond with some other app that's open etc, What was open when you were sleeping.
    Is the device's memory near or nearly full (or storage memory as well), and the system is swapping? Might this cause high system power usage?
    IF running out of memory:
    Browser cache too big (clear cache)?
    Huge number of text messages, pictures,videos,music stored? move to sd, free up memory
    (uninstall unused apps - if you have a huge number, that you have installed),
    Look at wifi stats while you were sleeping.
    04-14-17 01:07 AM
    I don't know what caused it, not even now..
    It appears that the problem got fixed without doing anything but yes, the sd card is pretty full. Maybe was a OS update, automatically updates are turned on..

Anyway, thanks for your answers. In case it happens again, i will consider doing what you suggested.

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 06:16 PM