Absolutely. I had years of Android devices, and by late afternoon I was always initiating battery saving procedures of some sort, whether it be apps or built in modes. The Passport is the first phone I can use all day without even thinking about battery life.

Some people seem to get incredible battery life with theirs. Mine doesn't, but as long as it makes it from the time I get out of bed to the time I get back into bed, I'm cool.

OP seems to have some unrealistic expectations.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    My thoughts exactly.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:24 PM
    That's the problem with the low end Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    Galaxy S6/S6 Edge has terrible battery life. Is that a low end Android phone too?

Only Android device that could make it through the day for me was the Xperia Z Ultra and that thing was a ******* tablet lol.

07-10-15 08:25 PM
    Pp is the best for battery life, never had any phone that last me the whole day. 4 phones and still not happy clearly end user problem. Been using BlackBerry since the curve days and not once I had a bad BlackBerry.
    07-10-15 08:49 PM
    Galaxy S6/S6 Edge has terrible battery life. Is that a low end Android phone too?

Only Android device that could make it through the day for me was the Xperia Z Ultra and that thing was a ******* tablet lol.

Depends on who you ask.
    Of course S6 is going to seem like a battery hog it uses more power and has a smaller battery than it predecessor.

Maybe you should have studied the phones that were out at the near time S6 came around.
    Here's a few Androids that make it through the day as good as Passport if not better.
    LG G Flex
    LG G3
    LG G4
    LG G Flex 2

Yeah I know, all LG. But what can be said, they have a good power management on their phones without having to enable a battery saving mode.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:01 PM
    Okay BlackBerry get your **** straight and story straight when it pertains to BlackBerry battery Life because this is going to be the 4th Passport shipped to me from Rogers. I've had battery nightmares since all the updates provided by Rogers and thru all the leaked version out there including the latest 10.3.2.2339. I can't believe that everyone on these forums state that they have 2 to 3 days of battery life while using the phone for the normal day to day usage... that's bull**** sorry for my language and for being a BlackBerry users for over 10 years **** never gets better. Why build the software first then go back thru the code to fix battery issues??? Your advertising a phone with crazy battery life but thru all these builds I still see major drainage, faulty keyboard typing, voice recognition buggy and most times does not recognize what I'm saying etc. After explaining to Rogers and BlackBerry support of my issues my only thing to do is get a new BlackBerry sent to me via UPS or wipe the damn phone via link WTF!!! Really??? Is that your cure??? Your fix??? Bye bye BlackBerry Passport and hello LG G 4 and Samsung Galaxy S6. At least the battery will die, but I have options. Mister Chen if your going to win the love of your clients and want them to stay focus on making a stable software!!! No wonder your steering the BlackBerry towards android stable reliable and fun. Turnaround efforts??? Fix the damn software, the code and keep to what you guys advertise so people can actually love and enjoy all the great things about the so called flagship BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Damn you've got problems. As in you need to talk to someone.

For the record, I've never hit a 0% on my new BlackBerry Classic, which has a smaller battery. 2 days of heavy use--I recently got into SiriusXM too--gets me to about 50%.

Maybe you're using Android apps too much, though my SiriusXM is the Android app from the Google Play store. You could just get that Galaxy S6 or that G4. That might work out better for you.

Posted from my BlackBerry Classic on AT&T
    07-10-15 09:03 PM
    Depends on who you ask.
    Of course S6 is going to seem like a battery hog it uses more power and has a smaller battery than it predecessor.

Maybe you should have studied the phones that were out at the near time S6 came around.
    Here's a few Androids that make it through the day as good as Passport if not better.
    LG G Flex
    LG G3
    LG G4
    LG G Flex 2

Yeah I know, all LG. But what can be said, they have a good power management on their phones without having to enable a battery saving mode.

Posted via CB10
    I've been following G Flex 2 discussions on XDA for months now. Disregarding the Snapdragon 810 that throttles almost immediately and makes the phone unusable and laggy (except for the folks messing with hotplug and core settings), please check out this thread, started 2 days ago: G Flex 2 battery life discussion | LG G Flex 2 | XDA Forums

You call 3 hours SOT good battery life? Maybe you should be careful next time before 1. Assuming I'm referring to low end phones and 2. Saying I don't research stuff. Hate to say it buddy, but I likely research and have far more experience than you do.
    07-10-15 09:22 PM
    I've been following G Flex 2 discussions on XDA for months now. Disregarding the Snapdragon 810 that throttles almost immediately and makes the phone unusable and laggy (except for the folks messing with hotplug and core settings), please check out this thread, started 2 days ago: G Flex 2 battery life discussion | LG G Flex 2 | XDA Forums

You call 3 hours SOT good battery life? Maybe you should be careful next time before 1. Assuming I'm referring to low end phones and 2. Saying I don't research stuff. Hate to say it buddy, but I likely research and have far more experience than you do.

A thread with nine posts is not bad at all. Especially when most of them are complaining about bloat ware or heavily power hog games. Put one of those games they mention onto the Passport, it wouldn't last much longer either.
    Here's a test on battery. At the last one you can see they included the Passport which only lasted ten minutes longer than the Flex 2. Not bad, doubt 10 minutes is make or break in video play. Wish they showed the Passport in more of those tests though.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/lg-g-flex2-battery-life-test/

Another battery article
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...63346/review/6

The original Flex also got a lot of heat, with everything about it. But the funny thing is there's not a phone or phablet that I have ran across that could last as long as that one does. I didn't pick up the Flex 2 for battery life above the Flex. But for image stabilization on the camera. Unfortunately the deal breaker was the screen size decrease, couldn't get past it.

Btw....low end phones was nothing more than a factual statement. Sorry if you took it personal, we're just all here to chat and help one another out.
    And I was being helpful on the suggesting to research. Even offered some good phones there if your not into the S5, and it's power rating.
    No need to start taking it negative and personal buddy.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:29 PM
    The original Flex also got a lot of heat, with everything about it. But the funny thing is there's not a phone or phablet that I have ran across that could last as long as that one does. I didn't pick up the Flex 2 for battery life above the Flex. But for image stabilization on the camera. Unfortunately the deal breaker was the screen size decrease, couldn't get past it.
    Which model of the G Flex 2 did you own? Did you tweak SoC settings at all to prevent throttling, or did you not experience hiccups with your unit?
    07-10-15 10:36 PM
    Which model of the G Flex 2 did you own? Did you tweak SoC settings at all to prevent throttling, or did you not experience hiccups with your unit?
    AT&T version LG H950.
    It ran good, just left it stock.

Trick is to keep running or background apps cleaned up. Like most Androids.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 10:59 PM
    That's the problem with the low end Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    And high end. Judging by the battery-saving antics my colleagues employ.

Posted via CB10
    Poi25 likes this.
    07-11-15 02:13 AM
    Here is how unreliable the battery graph is.
    First picture taken right after charging the phone and screen time was for about 1.25 hours. The second picture is phone sitting on idle for about 3 hours after the first pic was taken. So it all depends on use of the phone.

Passport Battery drainage ISSUESS!!!!-img_20150711_093034.png

Passport Battery drainage ISSUESS!!!!-img_20150711_130828.png

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 12:39 PM
    I've done all of the above wipe with auto loader, wipe without backup, install with basic apps and same thing. For some of you I've been using BlackBerry since the 7250's with color screen so please stop with the end user fault bull****. I have lots of knowledge when it comes to BlackBerry. I will un plug at 8 and by 1 I'm down to 50 percent OR LESS. I have basic apps and I will show attached and the only thing I have is snap and all my apps are set to denied in settings when run minimized. I've spoken to rogers and they will send me a new one again and once I install update I will go thru same crap. Below is my apps installed .

Attachment 362125
    Passport Battery drainage ISSUESS!!!!-img_20150711_235956.png
    Passport Battery drainage ISSUESS!!!!-img_20150711_235949.png
    Passport Battery drainage ISSUESS!!!!-img_20150711_235010.png

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:11 PM
    I've done all of the above wipe with auto loader, wipe without backup, install with basic apps and same thing. For some of you I've been using BlackBerry since the 7250's with color screen so please stop with the end user fault bull****. I have lots of knowledge when it comes to BlackBerry. I will un plug at 8 and by 1 I'm down to 50 percent OR LESS. I have basic apps and I will show attached and the only thing I have is snap and all my apps are set to denied in settings when run minimized. I've spoken to rogers and they will send me a new one again and once I install update I will go thru same crap. Below is my apps installed
    Dude, chill the **** out. If you continually use an auto-loader, start fresh, and then immediately scream "OMG my battery life," no one's going to have any sympathy for you. Let the battery settle a few days. Secondly, we still do not understand your usage. If you are a heavy user, then expect to make it through the day on a battery charge and plug in your phone at night. That's what I have to do.

If you're expecting magical 3 days of battery out of the Passport, then you have WAY TOO HIGH expectations. Why is it such a big deal to plug your phone in at night? My recommendation: start fresh, let the phone settle, use it and enjoy it, and if it makes it through the day on a charge, then mission success.
    m3mb3rsh1p and Trauma Surgeon like this.
    07-11-15 11:20 PM
    I am having the same battery issue. Dead by 3pm if not charged.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:57 PM
    Mine has been excellent. 36 hours with heavy use. It's the truth. After loading 2339, it only got better. The Classic I just bought is a battery *****. It has been sitting on the table for 2 hours while I worked in the yard and dropped 15% just sitting there. Passport would have still been on whatever percent it was when I set it down. As for the flicking words to the screen, it takes some practice. Maybe it's just not for you. Sorry for your bad experience.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on what you mean by "heavy use".
    If you use your Passport as your laptop, editing text and writing emails for 10 hours continuously with the screen on, you will drain your battery.

If you listen to music, contrary to what some people say, your battery will last longer than one day. Music playing consumes little battery power unless you also have your screen on.

If you really want to be a heavy user, try watching live sports or live news in the background and editing text , writing emails and surfing the Web, all at the same time.
    That will drain your battery in 12 hours or less.
    That is what I would call heavy multi-tasking use.

Needless to say, that you cannot do that on an iphone and, maybe only on a Galaxy S6 on Note4.
    07-11-15 11:59 PM
    I see a lot of android apps, a lot of them probably run in the background.

Similarly, give it a day or two. The first day after a reload or update it will be a bit slow and hot and have crappy battery.

Work Wide and Prosper
    07-12-15 12:14 AM
    I've done all of the above wipe with auto loader, wipe without backup, install with basic apps and same thing. For some of you I've been using BlackBerry since the 7250's with color screen so please stop with the end user fault bull****. I have lots of knowledge when it comes to BlackBerry. I will un plug at 8 and by 1 I'm down to 50 percent OR LESS. I have basic apps and I will show attached and the only thing I have is snap and all my apps are set to denied in settings when run minimized. I've spoken to rogers and they will send me a new one again and once I install update I will go thru same crap. Below is my apps installed .

Posted via CB10
    Were not pointing out user error.
    I posted my picks for you to see how drastic the battery graph can sway.

The first was right after a full charge and 1.25 hours straight use, browsing the web and going onto forums.
    The second pic was right after 3 hours with the phone sitting on the table with the screen off and all tiles closed out. And you could see it shot up to 3 days in that pic.

You really can't go by that graph. And the out come of the battery is all dependent of your use.

I can kill the passport battery in 4 to 5 hours if I really try hard.
    Or I can get 2 to 3 days if I really try hard.

See if you can hunt down a third party app the can find and pin point any power drain. That way if it is an app, then you can make a choice from there.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:35 AM
    Play words with friends on your passport for 30 minutes and it'll kill the battery about 20%
    07-12-15 04:16 AM
    BYE!!!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    lol. This poster gets so sensitive when people leave blackberry. Ill fated sarscasm with a dab of insecurity.
    07-12-15 04:19 AM
    Having the same problem, I was getting about a day to 1.5 days between charges. Now, since the last update my passport runs hot and drains in 4-5 hours, no change in how I use my phone.
    08-09-15 03:05 PM
    Considered downgrading to. 858? As I've read on other threads that folks had the same problem with 2339., draining the battery (Classics and PP)

Classic from .2339 down to .858
    08-09-15 03:14 PM
    JDB, this is what happened to me. The last update destroyed my battery life. I have had to stop using my Pebble watch because the update changed the power consumption of both the watch and my PP.

Maybe I need to do a clean install or get a new PP.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 04:22 PM
    I'm getting 19 hours on average with heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 05:04 PM
48 12