Okay BlackBerry get your **** straight and story straight when it pertains to BlackBerry battery Life because this is going to be the 4th Passport shipped to me from Rogers. I've had battery nightmares since all the updates provided by Rogers and thru all the leaked version out there including the latest 10.3.2.2339. I can't believe that everyone on these forums state that they have 2 to 3 days of battery life while using the phone for the normal day to day usage... that's bull**** sorry for my language and for being a BlackBerry users for over 10 years **** never gets better. Why build the software first then go back thru the code to fix battery issues??? Your advertising a phone with crazy battery life but thru all these builds I still see major drainage, faulty keyboard typing, voice recognition buggy and most times does not recognize what I'm saying etc. After explaining to Rogers and BlackBerry support of my issues my only thing to do is get a new BlackBerry sent to me via UPS or wipe the damn phone via link WTF!!! Really??? Is that your cure??? Your fix??? Bye bye BlackBerry Passport and hello LG G 4 and Samsung Galaxy S6. At least the battery will die, but I have options. Mister Chen if your going to win the love of your clients and want them to stay focus on making a stable software!!! No wonder your steering the BlackBerry towards android stable reliable and fun. Turnaround efforts??? Fix the damn software, the code and keep to what you guys advertise so people can actually love and enjoy all the great things about the so called flagship BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:09 AM
    Look after the upgrades.
    Passport Battery drainage ISSUESS!!!!-img_20150710_120943.png

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:10 AM
    isnt that a 24 hour chart? and you battery still has 3 hours? what's wrong with that?
    Don't you charge your phone every night anyway????? Anyone who says the battery lasts for 3 days does NOT use their phone. Why would you believe such claims?
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    07-10-15 11:14 AM
    Yes phone is charged everynight and sometimes during the day and still have issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:15 AM
    Yes phone is charged everynight and sometimes during the day and still have issues.

Posted via CB10
    ok i can understand the frustration about some of the other issues. The voice recognition needs to be trained a little and the faulty typing....what's that about?
    07-10-15 11:16 AM
    Faulty typing means that when I'm typing it usually deletes the sentence without me swiping to delete or it types out crazy characters like 9helo etc.

I just wish that they had better solutions then just wipe device and do the usual reboots of device as everyone states to. do... see the typing examples

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:19 AM
    Another funny thing is that I've never been able to do a OTA update nor been able to download or install OS updates to my device. I've used the old or newer method of sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 11:26 AM
    Do not have that problem. Just love my PP. I think you are not use to the keyboard. It's so easy. If you keep on making mistake don't swipe just type.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 12:15 PM
    BYE!!!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    07-10-15 12:17 PM
    Faulty typing means that when I'm typing it usually deletes the sentence without me swiping to delete or it types out crazy characters like 9helo etc.

I just wish that they had better solutions then just wipe device and do the usual reboots of device as everyone states to. do... see the typing examples

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately rebooting the device it's needed for probably every device. In our company we have various devices, Iphones, Samsung, LG, BlackBerry etc. After some time needs to reboot them because certain functions are not running anymore as they supposed to run.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-10-15 01:36 PM
    I totally agree with you that it's a must to reboot, but that's not a fix. I've worked for BlackBerry and have has many devices since 7250 and I'm pretty knowledge about them, so it's sad to see such an amazing device perform so poorly. Even playing games their are glitches such as freezing slight second.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 01:52 PM
    I know you don't want to hear it, but run an autoloader and don't back up and restore, and you'll solve your problems.
    07-10-15 02:13 PM
    Look after the upgrades.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150710_120943.png 
Views:	1449 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	361824

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you were playing Candy Crush from 10am-12pm...

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2204
    pmuniand likes this.
    07-10-15 02:23 PM
    You might want to go iphone instead of android if your that unhappy with the battery life of Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 02:56 PM
    Okay BlackBerry get your **** straight and story straight when it pertains to BlackBerry battery Life because this is going to be the 4th Passport shipped to me from Rogers. I've had battery nightmares since all the updates provided by Rogers and thru all the leaked version out there including the latest 10.3.2.2339. I can't believe that everyone on these forums state that they have 2 to 3 days of battery life while using the phone for the normal day to day usage... that's bull**** sorry for my language and for being a BlackBerry users for over 10 years **** never gets better. Why build the software first then go back thru the code to fix battery issues??? Your advertising a phone with crazy battery life but thru all these builds I still see major drainage, faulty keyboard typing, voice recognition buggy and most times does not recognize what I'm saying etc. After explaining to Rogers and BlackBerry support of my issues my only thing to do is get a new BlackBerry sent to me via UPS or wipe the damn phone via link WTF!!! Really??? Is that your cure??? Your fix??? Bye bye BlackBerry Passport and hello LG G 4 and Samsung Galaxy S6. At least the battery will die, but I have options. Mister Chen if your going to win the love of your clients and want them to stay focus on making a stable software!!! No wonder your steering the BlackBerry towards android stable reliable and fun. Turnaround efforts??? Fix the damn software, the code and keep to what you guys advertise so people can actually love and enjoy all the great things about the so called flagship BlackBerry Passport.
    Your fourth Passport??? Clearly, the PP is not for you and you really should try the LG G4 or the Galaxy S6. Been using my phone pretty much all day and still sitting at 61% (off the charger from 7:00 a.m) with no issues to complain about. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
    07-10-15 03:48 PM
    well, depends on usage, but 24 hrs with my usage - are impossible on other phones, easy with passport.

the chart you put here - does not show that it was charged, at all. it shows that it was on from mid day to next mid day, with whole night off the cable (when usually people charge their phones these days...)

if you use gmail and any other email - try to remove gmail accounts from everything: emai, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. it was my culprit...
    07-10-15 04:03 PM
    Passport Battery drainage ISSUESS!!!!-img_20150710_174507.png

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 04:45 PM

Name:	IMG_20150710_174507.png 
Views:	559 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	361886

Posted via CB10
    That graph is only an estimated amount. You really can't go by it 100%.
    The other thing, have you tried a complete drain of the battery and then a full charge without unplugging the phone? It does help in some cases because the software that produces that graph fully knows what the complete range of 0% of battery up to 100% is.

Also, pay attention to the graph as your using the phone. You'll notice that one moment it will be for example at 10 hours left. But then you start to browse the web and play some music all at the same time while on 4g and the graph could for example drop to 2 hours left.
    But then you stop doing all that and set the phone down, you could notice it jump back up to for example 5 hours left.

It's all estimated time based on use and power.
    Also after an OS update use the phone for a longer time before making judgment on that graph. The more time that battery graph has the better at estimating it becomes. Normally 24 hours of use on the low end. But 3 days I would say gives you a better estimate.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 05:37 PM
    Mine has been excellent. 36 hours with heavy use. It's the truth. After loading 2339, it only got better. The Classic I just bought is a battery *****. It has been sitting on the table for 2 hours while I worked in the yard and dropped 15% just sitting there. Passport would have still been on whatever percent it was when I set it down. As for the flicking words to the screen, it takes some practice. Maybe it's just not for you. Sorry for your bad experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 06:10 PM
    I've been having a bit of wonky battery life as well for the past week or so. I'm thinking it may be caused by the loading of google stuff. I'm probably wrong though.
    I've notice that my system and standby % has been a bit higher than normal for some reason as well.
    07-10-15 07:09 PM
    Look after the upgrades.

Name:	IMG_20150710_120943.png 
Views:	1449 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	361824

Posted via CB10
    What is the problem? You went 24 hours and still have a quarter of the battery remaining.

That's pretty much in line with my Passport. If you're complaining that you got through a full 24 hours on a single charge and have a serious issue with just plugging the phone in to charge while you're in lala land, then sell your Passport and get something else.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-10-15 08:07 PM
    What is the problem? You went 24 hours and still have a quarter of the battery remaining.

That's pretty much in line with my Passport. If you're complaining that you got through a full 24 hours on a single charge and have a serious issue with just plugging the phone in to charge while you're in lala land, then sell your Passport and get something else.

He won't find that good of a battery from any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    mookieson likes this.
    07-10-15 08:13 PM
    4 passports and complained they all have bad battery and typing issues? Sounds like user error.

I have crappy battery on mine, but I run all the leaks, and I'm with Wind, which eats battery like no one's business.

Still, 24 hours ain't shabby. You're not gonna get anywhere close to that much with any other device, especially with heavy usage like OP seems to do.

Work Wide and Prosper
    07-10-15 08:17 PM
    He won't find that good of a battery from any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. I had years of Android devices, and by late afternoon I was always initiating battery saving procedures of some sort, whether it be apps or built in modes. The Passport is the first phone I can use all day without even thinking about battery life.

Some people seem to get incredible battery life with theirs. Mine doesn't, but as long as it makes it from the time I get out of bed to the time I get back into bed, I'm cool.

OP seems to have some unrealistic expectations.

blambtn likes this.
    07-10-15 08:17 PM
    Absolutely. I had years of Android devices, and by late afternoon I was always initiating battery saving procedures of some sort, whether it be apps or built in modes.

That's the problem with the low end Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:21 PM
48 12