Hello everyone.

I have dropped my Passport recently, and since then it seems the battery is a bit loose.
    It works normal, but when I put it on a table or tap it with a finger in upper battery corners, it makes a strange, empty sound. When pushed in those same places, I think it also bends a bit.
    SIM/memory cover has also become loose.

Is there an easy way to fix this myself?

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-20 01:04 PM
    [QUOTE=dulentse;13480735]Hello everyone.

I have dropped my Passport recently, and since then it seems the battery is a bit loose.
    It works normal, but when I put it on a table or tap it with a finger in upper battery corners, it makes a strange, empty sound. When pushed in those same places, I think it also bends a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10[/QUOT

The battery has glue strips to hold it in place. It sounds as if something is broken. You may want to remove the sim and SD card if installed, then remove the TEC screws and carefully pop the battery cover. To see what has happened. I can help you as I have rebuild many Passports
    01-10-20 05:29 PM
    Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Find a YouTube video that shows a Passport disassembly and follow it with the proper tools ordered online. Be prepared to have to order a Passport for parts.

When I did mine I had sticky notes and wrote step #1 ,........ And so on and folded the screws in the sticky so not to loose them.
    Good luck
    01-10-20 08:59 PM
    Pop off the SIM tray cover. Remove the 5 torx screws. Flip phone over, then remove the chin under the keyboard and remove the 2 screws you will find. The back cover can then easily be lifted off for inspection. [QUOTE=SteinwayTransitCorp;13480790]
    Hello everyone.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10[/QUOT

The battery has glue strips to hold it in place. It sounds as if something is broken. You may want to remove the sim and SD card if installed, then remove the TEC screws and carefully pop the battery cover. To see what has happened. I can help you as I have rebuild many Passports
    01-10-20 10:22 PM
    Take it apart and add some double sided tape to the battery. In fact on mine, i just used folded scotch tape and it holds just fine.
    01-10-20 10:33 PM
    Here ya go brother

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    01-11-20 10:10 AM
    Thanks everyone, good tips!
    Youtube video seems interesting.

I'll try home repair as soon as I have some free time and will keep you posted.

I must say that I am not too technically skilled, so my next post will probably be from some other device.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-20 12:37 PM
    I am like you, technically challenged! That being said, working on the Passport is rather easy, even for a novice. If it is not the battery, parts are also inexpensive and readily available. Check the 3 screws that attach your keyboard, mine were loose and allowed a tiny bend noise when under stress, discovered it when I replaced my Keyboard, now solid as a rock! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Posted via my Passport
    01-11-20 04:21 PM