Passport Battery is 3450mah, iPhone 6+ is 2915mah. The extra 535mah was eaten by BB 10OS and Android runtime. But I have no complain abt Passport battery, indeed it lasts for whole day heavy usage which makes me feel very satisfied since I started to use "Smartphone".

Posted Via My Pure White Passport SQW100-1 Born on 17/11/2014 somewhere in Mexico.
    03-19-15 12:52 AM
    Let me know when the iPhone last more then a day... My passport right now runs 48hours without a charge.

Posted via CB10
    My 5S with its little dinky 1560mAh battery lasts me over a day on a regular basis. Granted, I'm not the sort to stay glued to my phone playing games and watching Netflix. But for my usage, the 5S easily powers through an entire day or two.

03-19-15 01:23 AM
    iOS has done a great job minimizing power consumption by not actually multitasking. It works very well, sometimes I leave my iOS devices on for days untouched and when I come back to them they have a pretty full charge still. Give credit where credit is due, iOS does power optimization really well.

No, don't ask me why my iOS devices sit untouched for days on end. It's just a good thing they're so good at minimizing idle power consumption!
    SalMan50 likes this.
    03-19-15 01:48 AM
    Kill android apps when you are done with them, and the battery life should get better. I wouldn't be surprised about the iPhone 6+ battery life, but it's so BIG (passport's just wide, but not so big and unwieldy as a 6+).
    03-19-15 02:25 AM
    Kill android apps when you are done with them, and the battery life should get better. I wouldn't be surprised about the iPhone 6+ battery life, but it's so BIG (passport's just wide, but not so big and unwieldy as a 6+).
    Too big but without keypad, a keypad with touch sensor, I guess that's why here so many ppl stick with their Passport. Cheers!

Posted Via My Pure White Passport SQW100-1 Born on 17/11/2014 somewhere in Mexico.
    03-19-15 02:38 AM
    The 6 Plus will easily last more than a day, actually. I do have a hard time believing it can last as long as the Passport, but the 6 Plus has a pretty sizable battery - it's the normal 6 (I own one) that rarely goes longer than a day.
    My normal 6 has really disappointing battery life and sudden drains as well. :-S It can get through a day struggling.

Worse, in the cold, it can be taken right out of commission quickly. Really sucked this past February in Toronto.
    03-19-15 08:17 AM
    In actuality, Blackberry's stopped getting great battery life when they started modernizing their phones.
    Great point. And it points to one of the industry challenges in general. The tech in smartphones advances at a crazy pace. Screens get bigger, brighter and higher res. Processors get more cores. Cameras take better pictures. GPUs push more pixels. There are increasing connection points (Wifi, BlueTooth, NFC) to drain the battery.

Meanwhile, the battery improvements themselves moves along at a much, much slower pace. Not anywhere near at the breakneck speed as the other pieces of the device.

So what happens?

Either you trade off lower battery life for more capabilities.

You put a gigantic, massive, expensive, heavy battery into the phone to power all that ever increasing hardware (See Passport and many other phones with good battery life)

You find ways to tune the software to be sparing with battery (BlackBerry was historically really good at this, though others are also now good at it as well)
    03-19-15 10:14 AM
    Using my Playbook charger, from completely dead it takes a little less than 3hrs

I regularly get two days out of my battery on my passport, and I would say I use my phone regularly.. hot spot, phone, email, text, bbm.. never have to worry about running out of juice even if I forget to charge
    Ditto!

(Except for up to 5 days immediately after an OS Update when the battery life is only good for a 'heavy' day)
    03-19-15 10:32 AM
    Personally I could care less if the i6+ has a 10+ day battery....it's still iOS mobile.... It still has NO SD card ability, It still has a home button, It still has lousy PHONE abilities, it still has no HDMI and you still have to buy a special charger for it....its still iSCRAP.

As for the Z30 having a dim screen..?? Really..wow with my eyes that are not the greatest, I prefer looking at this than pretty much any other devices screen...EASY on the eyes.

I find that with moderate to heavy use, I'll get a full day out of my Z30...then when I lay me down to sleep...I shut if off...then turn it back on - plug it in - set my alarm and off to sleep. like clockwork.

Cheers,
    03-19-15 12:03 PM
    Ditto!

(Except for up to 5 days immediately after an OS Update when the battery life is only good for a 'heavy' day)
    I just updated my OS two days ago, the first day the battery was draining faster than usual but now its right back to normal, maybe even slightly better

Passport battery beat by iPhone 6+-img_20150319_141038.png

I have no complaints and only praise for the way this thing can power me through a day or two with nooooo worries at all, I just always know my phone will be working any time I need it which is a wonderful feeling
    03-19-15 01:12 PM
    My 5S with its little dinky 1560mAh battery lasts me over a day on a regular basis. Granted, I'm not the sort to stay glued to my phone playing games and watching Netflix. But for my usage, the 5S easily powers through an entire day or two.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...psxbzuac4o.png
    While waiting for my Passport to arrive I tried to use my wifes 5S in the mean time for work to see how it would cope with my daily life

I could tell you about the messages app freezing, or the lack of a file explorer, or the fact I cant hear the ring tone in a loud factory... but the single worst thing about it was the battery life, in a 12hr shift I had to charge it twice with very little usage (because I couldnt hear or feel it vibrate in my pocket)

The Passport needs respect, this thing is just an angry power house of a phone, not many devices can even compare let alone go toe to toe with this thing as a daily driver in a professionals life
    03-19-15 01:18 PM
    While waiting for my Passport to arrive I tried to use my wifes 5S in the mean time for work to see how it would cope with my daily life

I could tell you about the messages app freezing, or the lack of a file explorer, or the fact I cant hear the ring tone in a loud factory... but the single worst thing about it was the battery life, in a 12hr shift I had to charge it twice with very little usage (because I couldnt hear or feel it vibrate in my pocket)

The Passport needs respect, this thing is just an angry power house of a phone, not many devices can even compare let alone go toe to toe with this thing as a daily driver in a professionals life
    As far as the messages app freezing and battery life issues, it sounds like her 5S could use a fresh restore and install of iOS through iTunes.

I know it seems to be the de facto defense for BlackBerry to immediately fall back on the "Tools not toys" and that it is the phone for a "professional" as though iPhone users don't have jobs (despite iOS eating in to Enterprise day after day) My 5S has been my daily for over a year, and it never left me wanting, in a professional capacity. It handled all my work communications and file editing/creation/collaboration perfectly fine... And it had very very rarely struggled to make it to the end of a work day on a full charge. Having to charge a 5S twice within 12 hours with "very little usage" seems crazy, as even if I'm streaming content constantly in a low cellular coverage area, I usually see a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of usage time to a full charge.

I'm sorry your wife's 5S didn't provide the specific experience you were looking for in your career, and I'm glad the Passport is working well for you. But do not assume that the 5S isn't capable of being a primary device for any professional.
    03-19-15 02:21 PM
    so the iphone6+ lasts longer idling... great, turn off your passport. it will be just as useful as an idling phone and will last a lot longer
    03-19-15 02:26 PM
    As far as the messages app freezing and battery life issues, it sounds like her 5S could use a fresh restore and install of iOS through iTunes.

I know it seems to be the de facto defense for BlackBerry to immediately fall back on the "Tools not toys" and that it is the phone for a "professional" as though iPhone users don't have jobs (despite iOS eating in to Enterprise day after day) My 5S has been my daily for over a year, and it never left me wanting, in a professional capacity. It handled all my work communications and file editing/creation/collaboration perfectly fine... And it had very very rarely struggled to make it to the end of a work day on a full charge. Having to charge a 5S twice within 12 hours with "very little usage" seems crazy, as even if I'm streaming content constantly in a low cellular coverage area, I usually see a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of usage time to a full charge.

I'm sorry your wife's 5S didn't provide the specific experience you were looking for in your career, and I'm glad the Passport is working well for you. But do not assume that the 5S isn't capable of being a primary device for any professional.
    There was no assumptions made on my part that the 5S isnt capable of being a professionals daily driver

I see iPhones constantly day in and day out at my profession, it is the #1 used phone next to android.. and most people are perfectly fine with using them for work purposes

But back to the comparison, my Passport beats them out in every category day in and day out time after time, that's just the fact of the matter

Seeing everyone's iphone charger plugged into the wall beside their laptops.. and I do mean EVERYONE.. speaks for itself

Doesnt matter if they have an old 4S or the newest 6+...

The point is, sure the iPhone could not leave you wanting as im sure most people feel the same, but like I said give credit where credit is due for the Passport, it is a superior device

*About the 5S battery drain, I did hear of the battery recall apple was doing and that device may have certainly been part of it with battery usage like that...but it was sold before apple issued the recall
    03-19-15 03:27 PM
    Definitely not true. I used an iphone 6 and 6+ and my passport kills them both in terms of battery from my experiences

Posted via CB10 for Passport
    03-19-15 05:26 PM
    What a lot of drama about nothing. If you charge the passport every night, it is irrelevant what the battery life is. I know I get 2 days from my PP as I have forgotten to charge it a couple of times.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:49 PM
    There was no assumptions made on my part that the 5S isnt capable of being a professionals daily driver

I see iPhones constantly day in and day out at my profession, it is the #1 used phone next to android.. and most people are perfectly fine with using them for work purposes

But back to the comparison, my Passport beats them out in every category day in and day out time after time, that's just the fact of the matter

Seeing everyone's iphone charger plugged into the wall beside their laptops.. and I do mean EVERYONE.. speaks for itself

Doesnt matter if they have an old 4S or the newest 6+...

The point is, sure the iPhone could not leave you wanting as im sure most people feel the same, but like I said give credit where credit is due for the Passport, it is a superior device

*About the 5S battery drain, I did hear of the battery recall apple was doing and that device may have certainly been part of it with battery usage like that...but it was sold before apple issued the recall
    and like I said, I'm glad you're happy with the Passport, but it being a "superior device" is purely subjective to each persons usage needs. I would never argue that the Passport isn't perfect for your usage. Only you know that. I have no doubt the Passport is a good device, and I'm sure it would be a usable daily for me. But it is lacking some functionality that would limit it for my personal use. On the communication front, outside of regular voice calls and email, everyone in the office uses iMessage and FaceTime... For communication with outside contacts that do not use either of those, (which is increasingly rare) most rely on WhatsApp and Skype. On the productivity side, most, both in the office and outside contacts, use Microsoft Office apps and Evernote... with the occasional oddball using Google Docs/Sheets or iWork.

For some of these, there are web apps and sideloading solutions and workarounds. For others, there is no easy solution. The convenience, reliability, and smooth user experience of supported native apps wins the day for us. I have the official app of all the apps I need, available in the official App Store, kept up to date and supported by the developer.

Are any of these things "deal breakers?" For me... not particularly. But nothing about what the Passport offers draws me away in any significant fashion. For our usage case, the iPhone has been a superior device for years. Could I perform my duties with another device? Of course. Would my performance be optimized? That is subject to debate.
    03-19-15 06:40 PM
    Yeah I don't believe this at all...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:48 PM
    Pretty sure the iPhone 6 Plus has the superior battery life, from my experiences. Always near an outlet and I have my charger with me around my neck. "Always ready to go, always ready to charge." - itsmeJC, 2015

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:57 PM
    I'm honestly surprised people are making a big deal about this. By most accounts I've read review wise, both the Passport and the iPhone 6+ have what could be considered *good* battery life for a phone in 2015.

But my gosh, the way some are telling the story, you'd swear one device goes for 2 weeks while the other dies in 25 minutes. And depending on your preference, that alternates between iPhone or Passport haha.

Plus, as has been said a bunch of times over, battery life is very subjective to the individual user and the conditions under which the phone is used ... apps, network, what's connected.

My IPhone 6 regular is a bit better than my Z10 (after the 10.3.1 update) when used in the same circumstances. Not collossally better. Both struggle to get through the day. The iPhone handles itself better in standby and on bluetooth. The Z10 seems a bit better when messaging apps are used (30% of my iPhone's battery goes to iMessage ... sigh).

Neither is remotely close to what I had on my 9700 way back when. Neither seems as good as my friends with Passports or 6+. Both can kinda get through a full work day with effort. (The iPhone died at just under 8 hours yesterday).
    03-20-15 09:45 AM
    Don't care much for these types of reviews unless there is a substantial margin, the battle is a draw IMO.

In business, it is not enough to say you're better than your competition, rather you must show that you are solving a pain point with the other device. Even if the battery on the 6+ lasted a month, it's not addressing any pain point I have with my Passport!

Many reasons for folks in the iOS ecosystem to like the 6+, but I'm more than happy with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    03-20-15 10:32 AM
    With a few days of new OS settling in my Passport has gotten even better in regards to battery life. Uber impressed. And this is with 4 very active email accounts utilized in running our business.
    Passport battery beat by iPhone 6+-img_20150320_094143.png

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2576
    03-20-15 01:05 PM
    That sounds incorrect... I have used both heavily and the passport has much better battery life in my experience.
    03-20-15 03:40 PM
    LOL,i own an iPhone 6+.just by using BBM kills it in less than 1 day.

On my Passport,i can BBM for almost 2 days.

I use BBM heavily,i have 400+ contacts / 6 groups AND 5 emails sync.

Logically,how can a phone with a SMALLER battery and BIGGER screen last longer than a phone with BIGGER battery and SMALLER screen?

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    03-21-15 10:18 AM
    LOL,i own an iPhone 6+.just by using BBM kills it in less than 1 day.

On my Passport,i can BBM for almost 2 days.

I use BBM heavily,i have 400+ contacts / 6 groups AND 5 emails sync.

Logically,how can a phone with a SMALLER battery and BIGGER screen last longer than a phone with BIGGER battery and SMALLER screen?

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    Logically? Software optimization. Differences in power efficiency in the CPU/GPU.

I also wouldn't think of BBM, a BlackBerry produced service, to be the greatest way to test power efficiency between a BlackBerry device and a competitor. If the overall quality of the BBM app on iOS is any indicator, I highly doubt BlackBerry spent a large amount of time optimizing the software for anything, let alone power consumption.
    03-21-15 06:51 PM
50 12