I gotta be the only passport user that charge the battery twice a day. Display takes up most of my battery and I have no idea why

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 07:17 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of your Device Monitor?
    07-13-16 08:28 PM
    Passport Battery-img_20160712_180401.png

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 08:29 PM
    I charge mine during the day. But if I leave it alone it lasts for several days.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-13-16 10:44 PM
    Nickysoroyal and others, not sure if you paid attention to this one yet, but let us know the number - when you are on the Battery Usage tab of the Device Monitor and you swipe up to close the app, it minimizes to the home screen, right? Don't close it - wait a sec and it shows you a summary of the battery usage information including the average battery life.

My average battery life is 1 day 4 hours. How are your devices doing out there?

If you use it continuously, I find it drains pretty fast. Adding Cobalt's Google solution has not negatively affected my Passport's performance in any way.
    07-13-16 11:07 PM
    Since you mentioned it, it has been awhile since I had Google Apps on my passport but when I did the battery drain was pretty alarming. I'm glad to read that it has gotten better.

07-14-16 12:35 AM
    What do you use your Passport for? Are you a heavy user? My passport would last usually from 7.30 in the morning up to the most at 5.30 in the evening. But i'm pretty satisfied since I have 5 active email accounts, 64 whatsapp group, fb, twitter, instagram, bbm groups. I'm a heavy user. So the battery justified my needs.

If you are not heavy user, you may want to get it checked. The battery might be faulty. I believe yours is still under warranty. Might as well get a replacement.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-14-16 12:53 AM
    What do you use your Passport for? Are you a heavy user? My passport would last usually from 7.30 in the morning up to the most at 5.30 in the evening. But i'm pretty satisfied since I have 5 active email accounts, 64 whatsapp group, fb, twitter, instagram, bbm groups. I'm a heavy user. So the battery justified my needs.

If you are not heavy user, you may want to get it checked. The battery might be faulty. I believe yours is still under warranty. Might as well get a replacement.

Thanks for the query. I'm a super heavy user. Probably three hours of phone calls and average of about 70 action emails (have to respond or do something with them like calendar) and 150 useless emails, then texting and BBM. I'm also a news junkie and check the news probably s dozen times a day. When I'm at a computer it is okay but I'm often not.

I'm not complaining. The Passport is a hero in the battery department but it was my first phone that I without a swappable battery. That, my heavy use, and the need for a few specific work related android or ios apps has always kept me in two phones with two lines, with the blackberry taking lead.

Honestly the screen eats most of my battery time.

07-14-16 01:23 AM
    Have you tried to put it on battery saving mode too.

07-14-16 06:29 AM
    Location, bluetooth, etc can also affect battery life. Are those enabled?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    07-14-16 10:27 AM
    Passport Battery-img_20160714_122312.png
    Passport Battery-img_20160714_122322.png
    Don't know why Display is using so much of my battery

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 11:25 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160714_122312.png 
Views:	664 
Size:	631.5 KB 
ID:	403969
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160714_122322.png 
Views:	660 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	403970
    Don't know why Display is using so much of my battery

Posted via CB10
    Maybe your bright is very high, but also in every Phone the display eats a lot of battery,dont put your screen on so much time. You can see that at phones like iphone 6, galaxy s6. Screen drains a lot of battery

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 12:12 PM
    Maybe your bright is very high, but also in every Phone the display eats a lot of battery,dont put your screen on so much time. You can see that at phones like iphone 6, galaxy s6. Screen drains a lot of battery

Posted via CB10
    My screen is on 1 minute lock and the brightness is very low. Plus all I use the phone for is browsing and messaging people do a lot more with their phone and their battery lasts longer

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 12:16 PM
    My screen is on 1 minute lock and the brightness is very low. Plus all I use the phone for is browsing and messaging people do a lot more with their phone and their battery lasts longer

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. Checked my Passport's display battery usage now and it's only at 1.3%.. I suggest try a reboot/soft reset.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 06:16 PM
    From my understanding the Passport is rated at 20-30hrs of continuous usage and 430hrs of standby. I think 10-15hrs of continuous usage is what I can get out of from a single charge to full.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 08:10 PM
    Oh yes. Everything is enabled. I hadn't considered that it could make it s full day but I'll try some of the suggestions. Again, I'm happy with it. Just observing that it doesn't last all day in extremely heavy use, for me.

07-14-16 08:21 PM

Whatsapp, Internet browsing and texting. I hardly talk on the phone. The only way it last a long time is if it isn't being used, but one I start using it the battery drop is ridiculous. Battery dropped by 6 % during a 30 minutes call. I'm in 2 whatsapp group and have 2 emails.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 10:25 AM
    I had this issue. My phone always felt hot, too.
    I backed up my phone and then reset it to factory settings. I reloaded everything except for Android apps and my phone went back to more than a day of battery life.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 02:31 PM
    I'll try that

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:29 PM
    Running Snap or the playstore will cause a warm up or battery drain about every 1-2 months. Rebooting the phone every few days helps to keep it from happening.
    07-15-16 08:39 PM
    Nickysoroyal and others, not sure if you paid attention to this one yet, but let us know the number - when you are on the Battery Usage tab of the Device Monitor and you swipe up to close the app, it minimizes to the home screen, right? Don't close it - wait a sec and it shows you a summary of the battery usage information including the average battery life.

My average battery life is 1 day 4 hours. How are your devices doing out there?

If you use it continuously, I find it drains pretty fast. Adding Cobalt's Google solution has not negatively affected my Passport's performance in any way.
    Wow I just know about that lol... Thanks for the tips... I have 1 day 2 hours average battery life..

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 10:01 PM

With all due respect, I think there is no way passport will last that much with all that actions, I quite myself heavy user, if 3hr is your call half of your battery will drains b'coz 13/14% battery consumes in one hour of phone call continuesly,I have tried myself so saying it.

Whatsapp drains battery too, and with 64 active groups it wont stand a chance within 4hours, I myself had 11 groups now cut down to 4.

If we continuesly nonstop use Passport at a stretch it won't last more then 6hours.

Can you post screenshot of your device monition from Morning 7:30am till you put on charge again.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 01:18 AM
    Interesting that this is another thread by the same OP complaining about the exact same thing but on a different device.

Source:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-life-987805/

Sounds like classic user error to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 01:34 AM
    In my experience the biggest single method of improving the battery life is to disable run in background on all the Android apps you have.

Posted via CB10
    double_fault likes this.
    07-16-16 01:41 AM
    That's the key for me. Best battery life I've gotten is when I got rid of all of the Android stuff by resetting/wiping. Especially Google Apps. Especially android messaging apps.

But while the Passport has great battery management when it is not being used, I've never gotten crazy battery life with mine. Just really good battery life. I have a desktop charger so it really isn't s big deal unless I am traveling.

07-16-16 10:43 AM
28 12