Battery on my passport has been draining faster than usual. I could get between 24 and 27 hours sometimes on a single charge. Now I barely get 12 to 15 max. When I check the device monitor, it shows that the system is at 40%.
    What's draining my battery so fast?

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    06-09-15 05:12 PM
    Try resetting your phone by holding the up & down volume keys at the same time for about 6-7 seconds.

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680 on Telus
    06-09-15 05:32 PM
    Device Monitor may give you a clue.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    ivo1969 likes this.
    06-09-15 06:18 PM
    I had that battery issue when I first installed the os I have, so I reinstalled the os and my battery it's great now.

Passport battery-img_20150610_100429.png

Posted via Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-10-15 10:13 AM
    Device Monitor may give you a clue.
    From the original post...

When I check the device monitor, it shows that the system is at 40%.

God, it's like none of you guys bother reading the actual posts anymore.

What a bad reply. He stated that he checked the Device Monitor before you ever jumped on the scene. The proper reply would have been something that helped him narrow down how to determine what the item is in System that is running up the battery usage.
    06-10-15 02:40 PM
    Battery on my passport has been draining faster than usual. I could get between 24 and 27 hours sometimes on a single charge. Now I barely get 12 to 15 max. When I check the device monitor, it shows that the system is at 40%.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    Have you been using the Amazon App store? I find that since two updates ago, the apps get stuck in a weird install pending state. That's what was doing it for me. I force closed the Amazon store and everything was fine. Give it a go?
    06-10-15 02:54 PM
    I had that battery issue when I first installed the os I have, so I reinstalled the os and my battery it's great now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150610_100429.png 
Views:	1220 
Size:	750.1 KB 
ID:	356863

Hi! Please how do I reinstall the os? Was getting 24 hours plus before os update to 10.31.1779. But now I barely get 7 hours.

P.S.
    My passport is extremely busy

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 06:48 AM
    Hi! Please how do I reinstall the os? Was getting 24 hours plus before os update to 10.31.1779. But now I barely get 7 hours.

P.S.
    My passport is extremely busy

Posted via CB10
    Connect your device to BlackBerry Link and select the Reload option. Your device will be wiped and the OS will be re-installed.

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680 on Telus
    06-11-15 09:07 AM
    Try the link way or an autoloader, I used the autoloader because was the last leak

06-11-15 11:24 AM
    Thanks. Will try now

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 01:40 PM
    Problem still not solved. I have updated to 10.3.2 via a downloaded autoloader. I also tries the reset suggestion above. Nothing seems to work so far. Battery still does less than 12 hours. I would appreciate any suggestion.
    Passport battery-img_20150613_170441.png

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 03:04 PM
    From the original post...

God, it's like none of you guys bother reading the actual posts anymore.

What a bad reply. He stated that he checked the Device Monitor before you ever jumped on the scene. The proper reply would have been something that helped him narrow down how to determine what the item is in System that is running up the battery usage.
    I meant that Device Monitor gives a lot more information, beyond just battery usage, and that the OP should give more information. I have found that looking at CPU usage is helpful, to see if there are large spikes there. On my Z10 running 10.2.x, I would occasionally have a loss of 30% battery because there was a massive spike in CPU usage, which I could never figure out. System usage does spike when I change timezones because the Hub changes all the message times to match the local time, but that's not an issue with the Passport.

Bad signal also kills the battery; I have lost over 40% in an hour on my Z10 when in an area that keeps hopping between no signal and GSM. Not sure increasing the antenna gain is reflected under System usage. Try turning off LTE to see if that helps.

06-13-15 03:32 PM
    I meant that Device Monitor gives a lot more information, beyond just battery usage, and that the OP should give more information.
    Yeah, but you should have expanded on those instead of simply saying "look at the device monitor" after OP stated he had. Clearly he didn't know how/where to find that info, or he would have posted it. So simply telling him to check the place he already checked without giving more specific advice about how to use the tool better was not helpful. That's the point I was making.

This reply you just posted has a lot more useful information in it; maybe there's something there that can spur him to find the culprit.
    06-14-15 06:35 PM
    I meant that Device Monitor gives a lot more information, beyond just battery usage, and that the OP should give more information.
    Yeah, but you should have expanded on those instead of simply saying "look at the device monitor" after OP stated he had. Clearly he didn't know how/where to find that info, or he would have posted it. So simply telling him to check the place he already checked without giving more specific advice about how to use the tool better was not helpful. That's the point I was making.

This reply you just posted has a lot more useful information in it; maybe there's something there that can spur him to find the culprit.
    06-14-15 06:35 PM