Yup they're starting to run scared. Once again BB is innovating and the only way to try and beat betterness (is that a real word?) Is to bash it before it gets off the groumd.

Why else would someone write an article like that? The phones not even released yet and this person knows how bad it's going to be...

Who pays him do you think, Apple or Samsung? Anyone who believes these idiots aren't played off, well I've got a heck of a deal on a bridge for you!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    MEDIA WAR AGAINST BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 06:57 PM
    This guy didn't make a single good argument against the Passport just "see, its EXACTLY like the PlayBook!" multiple times. And every time I was thinking "How the f*** is that inn anyway like the PlayBook?" The main problem with the PB (IMO) is that there are literally no apps. The Passport will have pretty much everything 95% of people will need (native is another question, but even then, native support on BB10 is miles ahead of the PB). People may nto email, but they text, IM, DM, whatever say you, all the time. The only time multimedia is really needed in a rectangle is for movies. This may be a drawback to some people, but certainly not everyone who isn't already a BlackBerry fan. I'm not worried about these articles unless they make a bit of sense.
    07-24-14 10:18 PM
    He's being bashed even worse in the comment section... I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired after some poor journalism like this
    Lol! The irony! Seems that he is now indeed fired from that site!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 10:39 PM
    Totally baseless.

Posted via Z10
    07-24-14 10:57 PM
    He's being bashed even worse in the comment section... I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired after some poor journalism like this
    Well he did get fired. Rofl !

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-24-14 11:07 PM
    I hope he did....the guy is a total moron.

Well he did get fired. Rofl !

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-25-14 12:32 AM
    I am more against ala the Verge type of subtle bashing where they take "professional" approach, with "in depth" analysis and give absolutely biased conclusion. It happened with Touchpad, it happened with Z10.
    Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk
    07-25-14 12:44 AM
    Ill have to say, those who have iphone 5's...... How is email,on there in contratsbto our bb? Also, formthat matter, id love to see a list of the things bb can do that the iphone6 cannot and the things thatbthe iphone 6 can do that the bb cannot.....

It all seems to come down to some very particular person prefereneces, some quirky ones even ;-) at least for those with the will to even look back at bb.

Ive been spoiled since leavingbthe nextel days and getting my first 7520 bb and having emailing and texting be a great ease, im nervous to even try other platforms lol

The passport seems like a beast for its intent. Kudos to them, either way. Well see what it is about soon enough
    07-25-14 05:54 PM
    Ill have to say, those who have iphone 5's...... How is email,on there in contratsbto our bb? Also, formthat matter, id love to see a list of the things bb can do that the iphone6 cannot and the things thatbthe iphone 6 can do that the bb cannot.....

It all seems to come down to some very particular person prefereneces, some quirky ones even ;-) at least for those with the will to even look back at bb.

Ive been spoiled since leavingbthe nextel days and getting my first 7520 bb and having emailing and texting be a great ease, im nervous to even try other platforms lol

The passport seems like a beast for its intent. Kudos to them, either way. Well see what it is about soon enough
    Almost every time is not just about what each phone can do that the other cant't. It's all about what each phone does BETTER than the other. If you are heavy on comunication, BB10 realy has some features like the hub, and the swipe to hub that makes working out tons of emails and messages easier and quicker. Physical keyboard is also better to type when you're in "difficult" condutions like walking down the street, on the back of a bumpy cab, and especialy if you're a bit drunk. Iphones and Androids would be better in other stuff

So mostly is about what each phone can do better, not about wich phone can do that other cannon. If you pick a 100$ android phone, it does pretty much the same things as a 600$ android or iphone, all can do email, internet, apps, camera, etc, but the more expensive ones seem to just do it better
    07-27-14 06:06 PM
    Almost every time is not just about what each phone can do that the other cant't. It's all about what each phone does BETTER than the other. If you are heavy on comunication, BB10 realy has some features like the hub, and the swipe to hub that makes working out tons of emails and messages easier and quicker. Physical keyboard is also better to type when you're in "difficult" condutions like walking down the street, on the back of a bumpy cab, and especialy if you're a bit drunk. Iphones and Androids would be better in other stuff

So mostly is about what each phone can do better, not about wich phone can do that other cannon. If you pick a 100$ android phone, it does pretty much the same things as a 600$ android or iphone, all can do email, internet, apps, camera, etc, but the more expensive ones seem to just do it better
    Fair points, but it really depends on one's usage. Why would I type on a keyboard if I can use Dragon Dictation? What if my main communication requirement is using Hangouts? What if communicating effectively means being able to use the same keyboard with unique dictionary across several devices?

Different strokes for different folks. "Best" is such a subjective term.

I think what BBRY understands now is that communication is only keyboards and email anymore; it's more about being able to connect with the most people via the most avenues, IMHO.
    07-27-14 08:03 PM
    Fair points, but it really depends on one's usage. Why would I type on a keyboard if I can use Dragon Dictation? What if my main communication requirement is using Hangouts? What if communicating effectively means being able to use the same keyboard with unique dictionary across several devices?

Different strokes for different folks. "Best" is such a subjective term.

I think what BBRY understands now is that communication is only keyboards and email anymore; it's more about being able to connect with the most people via the most avenues, IMHO.
    I don't think voice recognition isn't there yet. Especialy because most people prefer the typing since it's a lot more private than speaking around the streets. And voice recognition still strugles with noisy environments. Siri is the proof that humans still aren't that keen on speaking to machines, Siri was a bit of a failiure, I don't see people using it, everybody wither calls or texts or just use the touch interface.
    07-29-14 04:04 PM
    Everything this guy wrote was correct. It's good for pounding out emails or messages. A square square is not good for movies and videos. I'm sure the people who are still using bb7 devices would love this phone but your not going to steal people away from android or ios. This looks like a great niche product for the type of people that do emails from there phone. The people I know at work who still have old bb7 devices are so warn out from work they'll fine having their own phone and the work phone where they read emails and answer emails all day from the phone. For this that is great. For people who aren't replying to emails on their phone they rather have a normal touch screen device.
    Must disagree sir. I have a Q10 and it's not only a great productivity device but it's also great for social and media.
    07-30-14 09:49 AM
    Looks like he's at it again!!

http://betanews.com/2014/07/30/why-i...tent+Feed+-+BN

Posted via CB10
    Blue787 likes this.
    07-31-14 12:23 AM
    Attachment 286669

Someone with the screen name Rkennedy01 just posted the link to this article again. He posted as if he was a upset fan of the passport defending it. Wow, the author's name is Randall Kennedy. Hmmmm

BlackBerry's fans really need to stop making hating on BlackBerry so profitable. Do you all not realize that Rkennedy only wants you to get mad so that you will share the link and go to the website so you can tell him just how wrong he is about the passport? He and other authors are playing you all and folks still fall for it. BGR has made a fortune off of ticking off BlackBerry fans. The urge for fans to defend BlackBerry is the main driving factor in all the hate articles.

Apple and Google aren't paying for the bad press BlackBerry gets, it's BlackBerry's own fans who pay for it. Use your brains and ignore negative articles like this.
    In the comments section he admits to spending lots of time in the CB forum!! Think this post is dead on!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 12:26 AM
    The author is an *****.

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    Blue787 likes this.
    07-31-14 12:32 AM
    Passport bashing continues!-20140731083716.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Hazo and nickvango like this.
    07-31-14 01:39 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140731083716.jpg 
Views:	2099 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	287962

Posted via CB10
    Now that's a smart cat!!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Blue787 likes this.
    07-31-14 01:46 AM
    My question is , why are they whining like 3 year olds who just lost their ice-cream ?. Lets face it, how can the Passport be a threat to the number 1 smartphone being sold in droves ? Just get over yourselves Apple fans. If BlackBerry fails (which i don't think they will), then its because they failed, not because of some juvenile comments. John Chen and company isn't looking at the consumer market per se, so they don't have another clone wannabe Apple iPhone out there to bash, and i believe that's the issue here. It has nothing to do with the phone per se. Simply BB has focused primarily on somewhere else, thus taking attention off direct competition with Apple, which has people in some quarters enraged. Just think of it, if every-time a bully seeks to get into a fight, and you find something else to do, pay him no mind, walk away, ignore the very thoughts of him, then he will get angry. He's thriving on the attention.

Personally I'll be looking to get a Passport: It's different form the form factor perspective, I'm not into apps so iPhone isn't my thing. Horses for courses i guess. Lets just wait and see what happens. I can only imagine the vicious review from the Verge. Bring on the hate.
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    08-12-14 06:12 PM
    He's looks totally dejected lol !
    08-12-14 06:13 PM
    It's really simple. 1 bucket load of conjecture, 2 truckloads of speculation mixed in with over 12000 liters of pure stupidity, 4 quotes from at least 2 dung beetles and there, done.
    AndrewOrlowski likes this.
    08-12-14 06:17 PM
    Articles like those are the results are years of continuous Kool Aid addiction.
    08-12-14 06:19 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, remember he asked us not to buy until we read it. I read it, it's a cruise liner load of utter dribble. I'll take a passport please !
    08-12-14 06:22 PM
    BlackBerry should invite this guy to their headquarters, let him use the device for a while and then have him write another article on their website. He is looking for attention but this is the wrong kind.
    This is the reason people should not write opinions and stick to facts or what they KNOW!!!

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    08-12-14 07:18 PM
    Don't these web sites and authors get paid by volume of traffic. Are we helping this guy by readying the article and commenting ?

He sure seems to be trying to start something.
    08-12-14 07:25 PM
    Sadly his 'Plqybook' failure comments, saying the passport will go down the same route is actually flawed and invalid.

The main reasons the PlayBook failed were A) no native email built into it at launch (came like a year later) B) Launching a totally unpolished OS C) lack of apps

BB10 has come along leaps and bounds, the passport will have a cutting edge, polished OS and a high quality build, plus it will have the amazon store built in to bridge the app gap.

The only debate really is the form factor.

Personally I love it and it will suit me down to the ground.... hurry up and release it.

Overall there is no relation at all to the PlayBook launch or.product

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 08:33 PM
81 1234