How can you judge something you've probably never used or seen?
    07-23-14 10:01 PM
    I wonder how many people have read that article and are now ready to buy the passport? Since we read the article we can buy it, right?

The fact that people are talking and paying attention is good.
    07-23-14 10:36 PM
    This guy is all over the place! Look at his post a few years ago about the PlayBook!

http://betanews.com/2012/08/10/4g-lt...=betane.ws_c8t

He's very confused!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 10:44 PM
    Everything this guy wrote was correct. It's good for pounding out emails or messages. A square square is not good for movies and videos. I'm sure the people who are still using bb7 devices would love this phone but your not going to steal people away from android or ios. This looks like a great niche product for the type of people that do emails from there phone. The people I know at work who still have old bb7 devices are so warn out from work they'll fine having their own phone and the work phone where they read emails and answer emails all day from the phone. For this that is great. For people who aren't replying to emails on their phone they rather have a normal touch screen device.
    ...nice opinionated post supporting someone talking about a phone they have never used....great story though
    07-23-14 10:53 PM
    Passport bashing continues!-screenshot_2014-07-24-00-03-37.jpg

Someone with the screen name Rkennedy01 just posted the link to this article again. He posted as if he was a upset fan of the passport defending it. Wow, the author's name is Randall Kennedy. Hmmmm

BlackBerry's fans really need to stop making hating on BlackBerry so profitable. Do you all not realize that Rkennedy only wants you to get mad so that you will share the link and go to the website so you can tell him just how wrong he is about the passport? He and other authors are playing you all and folks still fall for it. BGR has made a fortune off of ticking off BlackBerry fans. The urge for fans to defend BlackBerry is the main driving factor in all the hate articles.

Apple and Google aren't paying for the bad press BlackBerry gets, it's BlackBerry's own fans who pay for it. Use your brains and ignore negative articles like this.
    07-23-14 11:26 PM
    It's kind of hilarious reading the comments following that post. And I like this bit from a Dr. Hannibal Moot:
    I've never seen a phone by any company, that hasn't even been released yet, invoke so much fear in competitors and their fans than the Passport has. Now if every company would strive for that maybe we wouldn't have hundreds of rectangle slabs by different companies that all look and do basically the same thing.
    07-24-14 02:17 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-00-03-37.jpg 
Views:	2253 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	286669

Someone with the screen name Rkennedy01 just posted the link to this article again. He posted as if he was a upset fan of the passport defending it. Wow, the author's name is Randall Kennedy. Hmmmm

BlackBerry's fans really need to stop making hating on BlackBerry so profitable. Do you all not realize that Rkennedy only wants you to get mad so that you will share the link and go to the website so you can tell him just how wrong he is about the passport? He and other authors are playing you all and folks still fall for it. BGR has made a fortune off of ticking off BlackBerry fans. The urge for fans to defend BlackBerry is the main driving factor in all the hate articles.

Apple and Google aren't paying for the bad press BlackBerry gets, it's BlackBerry's own fans who pay for it. Use your brains and ignore negative articles like this.
    We've been saying this for years. Like a moth to the flame...
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 07-24-14 at 05:17 AM.
    07-24-14 05:06 AM
    Hmmm. I don't know. I think he just talked me into buying a Passport:
    So, to summarize: The Passport is a high build-quality device with a funky new design that eschews established norms. It�s filled with innovative features that have limited appeal outside of a very narrow customer set.
    Sounds perfect.
    07-24-14 10:29 AM
    Hmmm. I don't know. I think he just talked me into buying a Passport:

Sounds perfect.
    Pretty much!
    07-24-14 12:29 PM
    The urge for fans to defend BlackBerry is the main driving factor in all the hate articles. Apple and Google aren't paying for the bad press BlackBerry gets, it's BlackBerry's own fans who pay for it. Use your brains and ignore negative articles like this.
    This....will never end and there will always be some "faithfuls" that believe their defending BlackBerry.....is actually helping BlackBerry. Anyway, I read the article, too. I don't necessarily agree or disagree. Like the arthur, never held or utilized the Passport. It's another opinion. But, factual or not, it remains to be seen if the reference to the Playbook causes a raised eyebrow by some - whether former Playbook owners or not. Personally, I'm not concerned.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-24-14 01:06 PM
    I think this was my favourite comment:

An unfortunate ending | Business - InfoWorld
    On Friday, Feb. 19, we discovered that one of our contributors,
    Randall C. Kennedy, had been misrepresenting himself to other media
    organizations as Craig Barth, CTO of Devil Mountain Software (aka exo.performance.network),in interviews for a number of stories regarding Windows and other Microsoft software topics. Devil Mountain Software is a business Kennedy
    established that specializes in the analysis of Windows performance
    data. There is no Craig Barth, and Kennedy has stated that this
    fabrication was a misguided effort to separate himself (or more
    accurately, his InfoWorld blogger persona) from his Devil Mountain
    Software business.

Integrity and honesty are core to InfoWorld's mission of service to IT professionals, and we view Kennedy's actions as a serious breach of trust. As a result, he will no longer be a contributor to InfoWorld, and we have removed his blog from this site.

Over the past 10 years, Kennedy has contributed valuable information on
    Windows performance and other technical issues to InfoWorld and its
    readers -- insight and analysis we still believe to be accurate and
    reliable. Based on our discovery, however, we cannot continue our
    relationship with Kennedy. Questions about this matter may be directed
    to Kennedy at [email protected]. We apologize to our readers.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-24-14 01:38 PM
    I have been saying this all along. The review sites and the general public will bash the hell out of this device even if they never used it.
    First reason: Its funny looking and that is all some people need to bash it or just walk away from it.
    Second reason: It's a BlackBerry
    Third reason: It's not an iphone or the latest android device.
    The bashing and insults from the media and most of the general public will continue. Sorry to say it. The more the Passport gets out there, the more we will see articles like this. BlackBerry's reputation in general is bad. Any device they put out is going to do this.
    I feel bad for BlackBerry because I want to see them succeed.
    07-24-14 02:02 PM
    I think this was my favourite comment:
    Yep, definitely says it all.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-24-14 02:06 PM
    This is why I don't bother reading the news. The blackberry passport is a new device is enough for me. It tells me there is. New device and maybe then I can check the specs .

I don't care for a journalists opinion on the matter.

The problem is that people who are easily swayed do. And they pay attention because they are incapable of thinking for themselves. Anyway why rant further, this is the media... Not surprising, it doesn't change even at technology.
    07-24-14 03:15 PM
    This article doesn't make sense. He first says that the device is great and innovative and has features that other devices don't have. Okay - that will make people WANT to buy the phone.

He compares it to the Playbook which doesn't make sense either. The Playbook failed because it didn't have native email/calendar at launch and lacked the necessary apps/ecosystem. The Passport will have access to Android apps and will obviously make use of BlackBerry 10s excellent hub and email app. The Playbook was a beta device - the Passport is using a proven OS that has been out since January 2013.

Now he has a point about multimedia. However, not everyone uses their phone to watch movies and the like. The 4.5 x 4.5 screen will be fine for web surfing and hammering out texts/emails.

To me - the Passport is definitely worthy of a look as soon as it is released. I think the keyboard and device usage (how comfortable it is to hold, etc.) will be more important.
    07-24-14 04:12 PM
    The author of the article gives off a strong cretin vibe... He just talked me into getting a Passport, and I was certain I would prefer the Classic. LOL.
    07-24-14 04:20 PM
    I bet there is a lot of " don't buy Iphone 6 before you read this" articles on internet of things, so stay calm
    07-24-14 05:20 PM
    http://www.calgaryherald.com/touch/s...ml?id=10054000

This is a good balances article on BlackBerry and the passport. It recognises the past mis steps and acknowledges the lessons learned. While not quite predicting fortune or failure it states the factors affecting the passport launch well.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 05:28 PM
    He's being bashed even worse in the comment section... I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired after some poor journalism like this
    07-24-14 05:36 PM
    He's being bashed even worse in the comment section... I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired after some poor journalism like this
    LOL... he'll probably get a raise. Riling folks up and getting them there is EXACTLY what he wants.
    07-24-14 05:43 PM
    LOL... he'll probably get a raise. Riling folks up and getting them there is EXACTLY what he wants.
    It makes the website have a bad image, I don't know if that's a good thing... It will have a lot of long term visits due to controversy, but is bad in the long term.
    07-24-14 05:47 PM
    I bet there is a lot of " don't buy Iphone 6 before you read this" articles on internet of things, so stay calm
    Exactly.

Not that long ago, to the chagrin of "everyone is out for BB" crowd, someone showed, rather convincingly, that Apple received much more negative press than most.

To be fair, every tech site has folks that believe the media is out for the brand they love. Check out the other MN sites... same headlines, different targets.
    07-24-14 05:47 PM
    It makes the website have a bad image, I don't know if that's a good thing... It will have a lot of long term visits due to controversy, but is bad in the long term.
    Controversy sells.

As a poster just noted, BB fans are responsible for the profits these writers get.
    07-24-14 05:50 PM
    Controversy sells.

As a poster just noted, BB fans are responsible for the profits these writers get.
    controversy selsl on pink magazines where the controversy is not the journalist, the controversy is the subject. Here the subject is not the controversy, the controversy is the journalist.
    The controversy would sell, if the news was like the blackberry passport was made of whale skin, and keys were made of ivory's from african elephants.
    07-24-14 05:56 PM
    All I can say after reading this thread is: Where is my Z50?!
    BoldMaverick likes this.
    07-24-14 06:41 PM
81 1234