I recently got a two for one deal on a pair of passports. One is working perfect. one however is not. since the previous owner changed the battery the backlight hasn't worked. however it IS there still. when you turn on the passport the Blackberry words come on the screen with full backlight. However once it switches to booting the backlight goes out.
    It is booting though and goes all the way in I think. it is extremely hard to see but I think everything is there.
    When I attached it to BB link I was able to get the previous owners pictures off of it then tried to reload.
    I also tried using an autoloader as well however same thing.
    So again when you turn it on the backlight starts and the word blackberry is clear as can be. when it starts to boot the backlight never comes back.
    Thanks everyone.
    Dan.
    01-20-19 05:33 PM
    I recently got a two for one deal on a pair of passports. One is working perfect. one however is not. since the previous owner changed the battery the backlight hasn't worked. however it IS there still. when you turn on the passport the Blackberry words come on the screen with full backlight. However once it switches to booting the backlight goes out.
    It is booting though and goes all the way in I think. it is extremely hard to see but I think everything is there.
    When I attached it to BB link I was able to get the previous owners pictures off of it then tried to reload.
    I also tried using an autoloader as well however same thing.
    So again when you turn it on the backlight starts and the word blackberry is clear as can be. when it starts to boot the backlight never comes back.
    Thanks everyone.
    Dan.
    Still sounds like a hardware problem.

Since you've used an autoloader already, there isn't anything else you can do.
    01-20-19 07:14 PM
    Are you thinking screen? Or boards?
    I'm just doing this for the challange at this point.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-19 07:31 PM
    Are you thinking screen? Or boards?
    I'm just doing this for the challange at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Screen, board, or cable. Hard to tell.
    01-20-19 08:28 PM
    Might be the ambient light sensor, probably proximity sensor too. So the screen is for change... test those when you boot it up

Posted via CB10
    01-21-19 04:57 AM