11-22-14 01:07 PM
    Same issue here, covered it with a leather skin so it's no longer visible lol, downside is that you can't see the logo anymore.

Attachment 308087

Posted via CB10
    How did u do that? Looks amazing!!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 01:09 PM
    Attachment 308943

I use dish soap as suggested and it come back
    Then I use cholorox (chemical) and it's gone now

Happy, happy..!!

Posted via CB10
    Did you mean Clorox? or Cholorox?
    11-22-14 01:21 PM
    mine had the 'halo' around the blackberry logo, and you can clean it off with soapy water, but it will come back, as it only makes it less visible in most light. its still there, as its dependent on adhesives used underneath I thought? Best strategy is to get a case that covers it and forget it, its just a piece of poor build quality unfortunately, but not the worst kind, and certainly not a deal breaker for me.
    11-22-14 05:10 PM
    I noticed it on mine but to be honest it doesn't bother me that much. I've had far worse issues than a stain, such as the awful power and volume buttons on my Z30. They were so hard to press and noisy

Plus the spot appears to be going away with time and usage.

Sent from my Passport
    11-22-14 06:14 PM
    Wish Passport had the faux carbon fiber weave pattern like the z30 on the back.

Flicked out via Zed30
    I so agree with that. When I bought my passport the back cover was my only disappointment.
    11-22-14 06:35 PM
    i always thought that glassweave looked really cheap and tacky on the q10 and z30. I far prefer the look of the passport back although the material doesn't seem to be a smart choice once the fingerprints start showing..
    I so agree with that. When I bought my passport the back cover was my only disappointment.
    11-23-14 10:16 AM
    Interested to know how the Zagg skin is holding up to use. Have just ordered a brown lizard skin Zagg one based off just how good that pic looks of the aligator one.
    11-23-14 10:57 AM
    Passport back cover spot-2014-11-29-1.35.24.jpg

I have same problem. Blackberry disappoint me deeply.
    11-28-14 10:48 AM
    I found the same issue with my week old Passport and just found this thread. I was pissed but I decided to use toothpaste instead and it came right off. I was surprised because using my saliva didn't have any affect at all....but now it is completely gone.

EDIT: After waiting a few minutes I could see some slight residue and cleaned it again, now it is 100% perfect.

Last edited by leicashot; 12-19-14 at 01:07 AM.
    12-19-14 12:54 AM
    I saw this thread (or another just like it) when I first got my Passport a couple of months ago now. Never really cleaned it with anything other than the cleaning cloth or a part of my shirt and the spot is now completely gone. The material does seem to absorb a bit of oil and I think from enough use, it all just blends and isn't noticeable at all anymore. Don't worry. Plus, if some units are worse and I just happened to be lucky, just look at all the iPhone users with cracked displays. There are worse problems to be had when it comes to build quality. Enjoy your amazing device, and don't sweat the small stuff!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    naveedk likes this.
    12-19-14 01:35 AM
    Yeah, I have it too

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 02:06 AM
    Just try cleaning it. Toothpaste is probably the safest bet and it worked perfectly for me
    12-19-14 02:43 AM
    I'm so going to give the toothpaste cleaning technique a try! This "defect" is quite annoying.
    12-19-14 03:20 AM
    And it's not the most durable material.. got 2 scratches already..
    12-19-14 04:43 AM
    Ok guys I have a confession to make. After (unknowingly) jumping the gun, I noticed that my mark had somehow hidden itself and is now showing again. It's not as strong as before but it is clearly obvious, and I am so pissed. I am not confident in how the Blackberry service centre is going to handle this. That is one reason why I love Apple, because their service is always hassle free. Lets see what Blackberry will do.....

12-19-14 11:51 PM
    For those people who have successfully removed the stain, is the stain coming back or not?
    12-20-14 07:08 PM
    Ok guys I have a confession to make. After (unknowingly) jumping the gun, I noticed that my mark had somehow hidden itself and is now showing again. It's not as strong as before but it is clearly obvious, and I am so pissed. I am not confident in how the Blackberry service centre is going to handle this. That is one reason why I love Apple, because their service is always hassle free. Lets see what Blackberry will do.....

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps5abca677.jpg
    I have the EXACT same mark on mine. I mean EXACT. I thought from day one that it was this way by design as I felt no residual glue or tacky substance on the plate.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 07:14 PM
    Do anyone know if the red and/or the white passports has this same issue?
    12-20-14 07:48 PM
    Totally unacceptable! Blackberry need to replace the back covers, and get a credit from the manufacturer, or take another loss.
    12-20-14 07:56 PM
    Totally unacceptable! Blackberry need to replace the back covers, and get a credit from the manufacturer, or take another loss.
    So then, we are sure this isn't part of the design of the back cover? I find it nearly inconceivable that my spot mirrors that of at least three other posters with the same issue. It's identical in shape & size and there's no residual glue or adhesive. When I run my finger along the cover with my eyes closed I can't feel any difference in texture, or any difference at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 08:05 PM
    Can't believe that NO ONE has spoken to Blackberry about this and posted a resolution here....c'mon guys, will I have to be the first?

This is really unacceptable, and I can only imagine what BB users would say if Apple suffered from this issue......seems the newgen BB user has low standards of acceptable build quality, allowing such flaws
    Last edited by leicashot; 12-21-14 at 06:52 AM.
    JORENO likes this.
    12-21-14 12:48 AM
    Is this happening to red one too???

Posted via my BlackBerry z10
    12-22-14 01:16 AM
    Is this happening to red one too???

Posted via my BlackBerry z10
    No, just black.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:03 AM
    Damn, I noticed this on my Passport /black, from Amazon, few days after purchase... I tried cleaning the whole back with the dish washing liquid and mildly damp cotton cloth... and it seems to be gone... I was under impression that mine appeared as I use ' sticky' car holder.. and then I found this thread. Size and shape of mine was EXACTLY the same as on the photos of the previous posters.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 03:48 AM
123 12345