Posted on this when I first got My Passport, the mark round the BlackBerry logo is where the protective film is held away froth back by the logo which suggest to me some reaction between back and film.

Passport or Z10, whichever is nearest
    01-31-15 07:15 PM
    Covered mine with crocodile PU leather and blackberry logo all from ebay.
    Passport back cover spot-img_0335_edit.jpg

Posted via J's blackberry passport
    mbamd likes this.
    01-31-15 08:17 PM
    What are you all griping about? The back is fine. I don't get it. Do people on here not have a life or have nothing to do?

Posted via CB10
    jimoates014 and BBRYQ10 like this.
    01-31-15 08:44 PM
    handset being replaced as i type this post... fingers crossed...!!
    How's you're replacement unit doing?
    Is it also a White Passport?

I'm planning to get a White Passport myself, and I'll definitely inspect for that back spot!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:52 PM
    First of all, it's BlackBerry. Secondly, there was a time when I would have let the spot on the back of my Passport bother me to the point of exchanging the device. I have since learned there are much more important things to concern myself with. I don't like the spot either, but it is definitely not worth wasting time doing an exchange over it. The spot does not interfere with my use of the device at all. Would it be better not to have a spot like that? Sure, but it is such a first world problem. Not worth the hassle of explaining the problem to some wack retail deadbeat trying to convince them to do the extra work.

I also don't blame BlackBerry about their quality control processes, it most likely didn't show up. I don't understand what BlackBerry could possibly gain out of having intentionally missed this during their testing, in other words, it's not a big enough deal to be making wild accusations regarding this insignificant issue. Is BlackBerry 'getting away with something' at my expense because of this 'spot issue'? Nope. Am I a 'consumer victim'? Nope.

Posted via CB10
    ruben1975 and vanmat like this.
    02-03-15 12:27 AM
    I noticed the problem yesterday but only when the back was wiped with a damp cloth. It appeared soon after for a while and then seemed to disappear! Strange...

CB10 on my Passport
    02-03-15 01:45 AM
    I just took my BlackBerry Playbook cleaning cloth, a tiny amount of standard dish detergent, a tiny bit of water, the spot cleaned away. I expect it to most likely return, at which point I will clean it again.

I also went on the side of not returning the Passport for such a minor issue, so I figured I would try and clean it off as others have, and report back what I did and that it worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:37 PM
    Exchanging the Passport for this issue would most likely lead to your second Passport having the exact same problem, since it seems to be happening a lot.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:40 PM
    Whoops
    02-04-15 03:41 PM
    How's you're replacement unit doing?
    Is it also a White Passport?

I'm planning to get a White Passport myself, and I'll definitely inspect for that back spot!

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's a white piece... yes the new unit also has a spot... and yes I'm too tired of this issue to do anything about it...

P.S. Will try the soapy water thing tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:07 PM
    To everyone returning the device because of the back spot...unfortunately it is an "issue" that plagues all the units. It is likely a result of however the logo is attached to the device.
    02-15-15 12:01 AM
    so
    is there any kind or soap or chemical or other things i can use to remove the spot?
    03-17-15 02:16 PM
    It's not visible on my red passport

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:13 PM
    on the black one is visible
    03-17-15 03:15 PM
    My Black Passport may be getting it, hard to tell since that is where my fingers are when I hold it. Could be good old finger grease. I'm not concerned about it 'cause I look at the front not the back.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-18-15 11:54 AM
    First of all, it's BlackBerry. Secondly, there was a time when I would have let the spot on the back of my Passport bother me to the point of exchanging the device. I have since learned there are much more important things to concern myself with. I don't like the spot either, but it is definitely not worth wasting time doing an exchange over it. The spot does not interfere with my use of the device at all. Would it be better not to have a spot like that? Sure, but it is such a first world problem. Not worth the hassle of explaining the problem to some wack retail deadbeat trying to convince them to do the extra work.

I also don't blame BlackBerry about their quality control processes, it most likely didn't show up. I don't understand what BlackBerry could possibly gain out of having intentionally missed this during their testing, in other words, it's not a big enough deal to be making wild accusations regarding this insignificant issue. Is BlackBerry 'getting away with something' at my expense because of this 'spot issue'? Nope. Am I a 'consumer victim'? Nope.

Posted via CB10
    It amazes me how apologetic we BlackBerry fans tend to be towards the company. Honestly.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:23 AM
    It amazes me how apologetic we BlackBerry fans tend to be towards the company. Honestly.

Posted via CB10
    You can be amazed, I'm glad people are learning to be more pragmatic. If we react to every little issue in our non perfect world we will be miserable. Nothing is perfect and no amount of complaining will make it so.

Posted via CB10
    czechberry likes this.
    04-03-15 07:45 AM
    You can be amazed, I'm glad people are learning to be more pragmatic. If we react to every little issue in our non perfect world we will be miserable. Nothing is perfect and no amount of complaining will make it so.

Posted via CB10
    This is not a socio/political/psychological issue. It's a simple case of value for money. It's about being a consumer even if you are a fan. Being soft on BlackBerry is not pragmatism but is being apologetic.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    04-03-15 10:07 AM
    This is not a socio/political/psychological issue. It's a simple case of value for money. It's about being a consumer even if you are a fan. Being soft on BlackBerry is not pragmatism but is being apologetic.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for clarifying this for me. :-)
    04-04-15 09:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not apologetic - and as a result I have been contacted by BB to discuss my posts concerning the major manufacturing faults in all Passports. DO NOT be apologetic - BB need to face reality if they are to survive.

I have spent over �10,000 on Passports - every single one has either had screen lift issues, double type and this stain issue.

Latest turned up yesterday - screen was raised on the top right - straight out the box - resolved with a clothes peg and getting the phone hot during updates and charge. Also has this permanent stain - tried washing up liquid, alcohol wipes, polish etc - nothing removes it.

Have a red one arriving tomorrow (all board members have red versions - none have had the stain, but all have had the right hand screen lift issue)

If you are wondering - "why do you keep buying so many if they have these issues" - I purchase them for my staff - we provide efficacy assessments for network appliance technologies, APT detection systems and anti financial fraud applications - so, security is crucial to us as we are attacked an average of 250 times / day by the criminals whom we are trying to defeat - and BB 10 is the only mobile system that is robust enough to provide requisite security.

My issue is that the Passport is a great device, but the long recognised manufacturing flaws are inexcusable.

My company is by no means a major client of BB, but I think their social media rep has clocked my posts and has asked to speak with us.

We want to help BB, its the most secure mobile OS and ecosystem, but they need to sort out these simple to fix issues.

Possibly, some of my posts have been negative, but this is as a result of frustration that BB is - in our opinion, throwing away their opportunity to regain market share because they cant be bothered - or have inadequate customer feedback input to their quality control / manufacturing procedures.

The problems they have are easy to resolve. As a security evangelist, I want BB to remain. Apple is fairly secure, but does not have the functionality to provide the services required by modern businesses (ie - no filing system and the inability to attach more then one doc / xls / pdf etc to an email) - Android is a completely insecure platform (we pull in tens of thousands of unique malicious APKs every day and supply these to security vendors so they can protect their clients - and about 350K unique malicious binaries for Windows etc / day - but not a single one for BB)

I have been promised contact by a new BB representative to set up a call. I hope we can point out their manufacturing failings and get the company to focus on the core issue - this being the fact that the World is dominated by Android - which is insecure and exposes users to severe threats of data and profile harvesting - the average Android user is unaware as to the degree to which this occurs.

BB need to spend peanuts to resolve the manufacturing issues, then focus on highlighting their unique security advantage over other mobile OSs. BB need to make the average user aware of the risks they are exposed to by using Android.

Whilst this applies to the average user - which is not BBs target market, it is even more important in business and enterprise markets.

We want to help BB.

Ty - from BB, we await your colleagues email to set up the call with us.

Cheers,

Chris.
    05-27-15 01:18 AM
    I'm not apologetic - and as a result I have been contacted by BB to discuss my posts concerning the major manufacturing faults in all Passports. DO NOT be apologetic - BB need to face reality if they are to survive.

I have spent over �10,000 on Passports - every single one has either had screen lift issues, double type and this stain issue.

Latest turned up yesterday - screen was raised on the top right - straight out the box - resolved with a clothes peg and getting the phone hot during updates and charge. Also has this permanent stain - tried washing up liquid, alcohol wipes, polish etc - nothing removes it.

Have a red one arriving tomorrow (all board members have red versions - none have had the stain, but all have had the right hand screen lift issue)

If you are wondering - "why do you keep buying so many if they have these issues" - I purchase them for my staff - we provide efficacy assessments for network appliance technologies, APT detection systems and anti financial fraud applications - so, security is crucial to us as we are attacked an average of 250 times / day by the criminals whom we are trying to defeat - and BB 10 is the only mobile system that is robust enough to provide requisite security.

My issue is that the Passport is a great device, but the long recognised manufacturing flaws are inexcusable.

My company is by no means a major client of BB, but I think their social media rep has clocked my posts and has asked to speak with us.

We want to help BB, its the most secure mobile OS and ecosystem, but they need to sort out these simple to fix issues.

Possibly, some of my posts have been negative, but this is as a result of frustration that BB is - in our opinion, throwing away their opportunity to regain market share because they cant be bothered - or have inadequate customer feedback input to their quality control / manufacturing procedures.

The problems they have are easy to resolve. As a security evangelist, I want BB to remain. Apple is fairly secure, but does not have the functionality to provide the services required by modern businesses (ie - no filing system and the inability to attach more then one doc / xls / pdf etc to an email) - Android is a completely insecure platform (we pull in tens of thousands of unique malicious APKs every day and supply these to security vendors so they can protect their clients - and about 350K unique malicious binaries for Windows etc / day - but not a single one for BB)

I have been promised contact by a new BB representative to set up a call. I hope we can point out their manufacturing failings and get the company to focus on the core issue - this being the fact that the World is dominated by Android - which is insecure and exposes users to severe threats of data and profile harvesting - the average Android user is unaware as to the degree to which this occurs.

BB need to spend peanuts to resolve the manufacturing issues, then focus on highlighting their unique security advantage over other mobile OSs. BB need to make the average user aware of the risks they are exposed to by using Android.

Whilst this applies to the average user - which is not BBs target market, it is even more important in business and enterprise markets.

We want to help BB.

Ty - from BB, we await your colleagues email to set up the call with us.

Cheers,

Chris.
    Great post. BlackBerry do need to fix these issues immediately.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:24 AM
    Agree stain is not removable.

Manufacturing defect - I payed for it $500, and this minor issue should be resolved, not shipping ****ty looking device.

During manufacturing process when the back is embedded with the logo the plastic surface get's altered by the heat and it results in change of the surface structure. Due to this the greas from skin gets accumulated on the surface, which shows as stain.

After cleaning with alcohol it's gone, after day of use is back!
    Wonder what else I will discover...
    06-15-15 10:43 PM
    Brand new Passport.

Passport back cover spot-20150623_232706.jpg
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-24-15 01:34 AM
123 ... 345