I never noticed it since I put a CF wrap on it after a few days of use. Once this skin wears out or starts peeling I'll probably get a leather skin for it like that zagg one posted(where did you get it?)...except black of course .
    I purchased the one for an iPad and cut it to fit! They don't sell one for passport as far as I know.

Found it for 10$ on ebay

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:59 AM
    Where can you buy skins like that?

Posted via CB10
    I purchased one that is for an iPad and then cut it down to fit the Passport; found this on ebay

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 10:59 AM
    Not ALL passports. I got mine the day after launch and it has no sign of any discoloration or contamination of any sort around the BlackBerry logo on the back.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought about mine too until I took a good look under various lighting conditions. Hopefully you are a lucky one with a flawless Passport (not that it bothers me that much).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 11:35 AM
    So I'm not the only one .. I hope there will be a fix to get rid of it!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe a new leak update will fix it?
    10-21-14 12:03 PM
    Guys you should change your phones and report that,u gave not so small amount of money for some pice which have some failed.I don't understand company this days,they wants max profit and market but allow themselves to happened something like that,cant figure out .I love BlackBerry becouse it's fighting with much bigger but Hellou just becouse of that u should be perfect and not allowed to happen this things. Am so sorry to hear that you have bad experience with passport.

Posted via my BlackBerry z10
    10-21-14 12:20 PM
    Maybe a new leak update will fix it?
    Haha hopefully a 10.3.1 passport leak!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:33 PM
    It just cleans off. Use an actual cleaning fluid and a rag and it goes away entirely.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:34 PM
    Guys you should change your phones and report that,u gave not so small amount of money for some pice which have some failed.I don't understand company this days,they wants max profit and market but allow themselves to happened something like that,cant figure out .I love BlackBerry becouse it's fighting with much bigger but Hellou just becouse of that u should be perfect and not allowed to happen this things. Am so sorry to hear that you have bad experience with passport.

It's very hard to notice, and absolutely does not affect anyone's experience with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:40 PM
    Get the hard cover case and your spot will be gone for ever'after you clean it with a cloth and cleaner.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    10-21-14 12:43 PM

It doesn't make us have bad experience, just some of us are more picky

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    10-21-14 12:44 PM
    And, I thought I was the only one with this problem!!!! It is good to know that this is relatively wide-spread and benign in nature.
    10-21-14 02:09 PM
    irwindersa, could you provide a link to purchase this please?
    10-21-14 02:20 PM
    You did a good job with it.
    Looks like it was made for the passport.
    I purchased the one for an iPad and cut it to fit! They don't sell one for passport as far as I know.

Found it for 10$ on ebay

Posted via CB10
    irweezyy likes this.
    10-21-14 02:23 PM
    irwindersa, could you provide a link to purchase this please?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=OpguRoWH

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 02:55 PM
    I'd like to know this too.

Posted via CB10
    Just a little bit of regular dish soap on a kitchen towel, with a little bit of water. I rubbed the area around the logo and wiped it with the dry portion of the kitchen towel and it was gone.
    10-21-14 03:41 PM
    Just a little bit of regular dish soap on a kitchen towel, with a little bit of water. I rubbed the area around the logo and wiped it with the dry portion of the kitchen towel and it was gone.
    Thank you sir!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 04:20 PM
    Thank you sir!

Posted via CB10
    Did you get a chance to try it?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 05:24 PM
    It worked! Thanks man!

Edit: oh no it's back!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deboykie; 10-21-14 at 06:34 PM.
    10-21-14 06:16 PM
    Same issue here, covered it with a leather skin so it's no longer visible lol, downside is that you can't see the logo anymore.

Attachment 308087

Posted via CB10
    Is it me or does the picture look like it has a bubble / crease diagonally through the middle? This looks really sharp and I was wondering about the adhesive that is used to adhere the skin/wrap to the phone? Did the edges lay down well and has any corners wanted to lift? Also does the hardshell case still fit or does this make the phone too thick?

Again...looks sharp and I found the product on ebay for about $7 shipped...a no brainer IMO

Updated: Found some for under $4 for the iPad 1...such a good deal.
    Last edited by dcwbearsaint; 10-21-14 at 07:06 PM.
    Koepman likes this.
    10-21-14 06:52 PM
    Is it me or does the picture look like it has a bubble / crease diagonally through the middle? This looks really sharp and I was wondering about the adhesive that is used to adhere the skin/wrap to the phone? Did the edges lay down well and has any corners wanted to lift? Also does the hardshell case still fit or does this make the phone too thick?

Again...looks sharp and I found the product on ebay for about $7 shipped...a no brainer IMO

Updated: Found some for under $4 for the iPad 1...such a good deal.
    I think the bubble you see is just the lighting.

I'm not sure how long it will hold up, but it's lasted for a few days now and the corners/edges seem to be sticking well.

The hard shell case no longer fits well, I tried to put it on and it was really tight so I stopped because I was worried it might ruin the skin.

But like you said, for under 10$, it's really a no brainer, especially since the iPad skin is enough material to cover the Passport at least 3 times.

Posted via CB10
    dcwbearsaint likes this.
    10-21-14 07:12 PM
    Mine shows too. Especially after cleaning the back of it shows the smudge

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    10-21-14 08:16 PM
    Passport back cover spot-20141024_131633_richtone-hdr-.jpg

I use dish soap as suggested and it come back
    Then I use cholorox (chemical) and it's gone now

Happy, happy..!!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:37 AM
    Oh yeah, I have it too on mind now that you mentioned it. It doesn't bother me at all. I don't use cases for my phone and over time the back surface will ware out anyways.
    10-24-14 01:44 AM
    Just got my passport two days ago but now after two days I see the stain. I tried cleaning it and it goes but the problem is it comes back. I tried using goo-gone (an adhesive remove) to no avail.

It's a shame that for every device BlackBerry puts out there has to be some sort of quality issue. The PlayBook had the bulge around the logo, the Q10 with the infamous double typing, the Z10 doesn't sit flat, and now this.

I'm eventually going to buy a case and will forget about the stain but I don't see a reason why BlackBerry cannot pick up on such issues. CrackBerry had the phone as a review unit and picked up on it. Why can't the tens or possibly 100s testing it at BlackBerry not pick up on this issue? It's seriously frustrating despite it being "only" an aesthetic issue.

Posted via CB10
    deboykie likes this.
    10-24-14 09:21 AM
    I have the same issue. I looks like the plastic cover that is on the back when you first take out the passport from the box. Seems that since the blackberry logo is slight raised, the plastic did not cover that area so the "glue" did not affect that area of the back. Only thing I can see why the mark is there.
    10-24-14 09:40 AM
123 1234 ...