I recall reading something a while back to the effect that the passport would eventually come with some options for the rear cover over the basic black rubber...i know there have been a lot of pics of a white passport described to have a 'porcelain' feeling rear cover, but does anyone know anything about/recall reading about other back covers for the passport? This may sound like a silly concern (ok, scrap the 'may' - it is) but i really like the weave backer on the Z30 and i'm hoping there will be a passport rear cover made from that, or similar material...anyone know?
    09-28-14 08:39 PM
    I think it's highly unlikely. The back of the Passport isn't removeable -- the mSD and sim cards are accessed from a small removeable cover at the top rear of the device above the camera. We will likely see a disaseembly video at some point, but as BlackBerry considers the back as non-removeable, they won't be making replacements.

All that said, the soft touch back of the black Passport feels very similar to the glass weave of the Z30 and is just as "grippy".
    09-28-14 08:48 PM
    I heard that BB may release a leather backed Passport and Gold edition, but haven't heard anything more than the rumor.
    larry5 likes this.
    09-28-14 09:56 PM