So, I went to some pretty fancy party in LA last night and I brought my Passport. I purposefully kept taking it out and checking it to see the reactions. I call it 'stock research'. These were pretty important people and I figured their opinion matters in such things.
    Anyway, the attention the phone got was mind blowing. I was literally mobbed at one point by people wanting to play with it. Not a single person that saw it was without comment. Of course, they either loved it or hated it, but I must say the split was about 75/25 (granted, mostly business people, but still).
    In any case, the fact is simple: this thing just gets people going and talking about it. And, as they say, no publicity is bad publicity.
    I am especially enjoyed the reactions from people who have never heard of/seen the Passport. Priceless.
    Of course, the only major problem was when they asked the question 'Where did you buy it?' and I had to explain that they don't sell it in US yet. Blackberry finally has a phone worthy of serious buzz and they don't release it in US, and from what I gather, they have been fumbling the deliveries in Canada as well.
    austriker likes this.
    10-02-14 03:00 PM
    I agree. Any publicity is better than none and positive is better than negative. I sense some very clever marketing going on by restricting supply. Every wants to see it, how it operates and there is a buzz in the air. The nay sayers can blather all they want but the passport is a clear winner. Well done blackberry. Now how do we turn down all the whining from the Apple crowd?
    10-02-14 03:22 PM