Over two years ago, my Passport decided to throw in the towel one night. I woke up to find it would not boot up or charge. When plugged to the wall, it would only show a solid red light.

Fast forward to today, I see my Passport in a drawer and plugged it just for kicks. To my surprise it booted up!!

Battery life is definitely weaker than my Z30 and the rear camera still does not focus 90% of the time. It's currently on 10.3.3.2163 and I'm not sure if the latest os addresses my issues. Should I start fresh with autoloader?

UPDATE 5/24/20: I did decide to run the autoloader for the latest software. Everything seemed to work perfectly fine. Battery life wasn't as great as I remember considering I barely used it. The slope in device monitor went from one corner to the other and seemed to indicate only a day worth of juice. Fast forward to today and it seems to have gone back into a coma. It was fun while it lasted. The sim reader on my Z30 decided to not work as well. My only working phone is my prehistoric 8520.
    Last edited by JD Wu; 05-24-20 at 02:20 PM.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-04-20 10:11 PM
    If your wanting to use it... yeah I'd run the latest autoloader on it.

But don't expect the software to fix a weak battery (age) and the Passports focus issues...
    03-05-20 08:52 AM
    A battery can be found on eBay and replaced.
    As for the camera, hopefully, it's not a hardware issue but just a typical AF behavior.
    Radoslav knows everything about Passport photo capabilities.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...amera-1153992/
    03-08-20 05:00 PM
    I would advise not buying a y second d hand battery. Any BlackBerry branded battery is ancient by now (and likely second hand, even if the advert doesn't say so). I have an X-longer battery in the Passport and it is still going strong after approx. 1 year now.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-20 10:52 AM
    I would advise not buying a y second d hand battery. Any BlackBerry branded battery is ancient by now (and likely second hand, even if the advert doesn't say so). I have an X-longer battery in the Passport and it is still going strong after approx. 1 year now.

Posted via CB10
    Just bought an X-longer battery and will have it installed this Saturday and report back.
    Radoslav Valkov likes this.
    03-12-20 10:53 AM
    03-25-20 10:56 AM